Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide (1973 Views)

BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School / Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. / Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by semid4lyfe(m): 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
AAU student commits suicide over carry-over courses
By Friday Olokor, Benin, Published: Friday, 9 Apr 2010

Confusion reigned at Etinosasere Street, Ugbiyoko quarters in the Edo State capital, Benin, on Thursday after a final year student of Accounting at Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Mr. Benjamin Oghayerio, was found hanging in his room.

He had reportedly committed suicide over alleged carry-over courses. Although details of the suicide were still sketchy at press-time, it was learnt that residents of House 17 on the street woke up in the morning to discover Benjamin’s lifeless body dangling from the burglar-proof bars in his room. The incident threw the neighbourhood into mourning.

The dead student’s elder sister, Mrs. Rosaline Ogbemudia, said that Benjamin had packed his luggage preparatory to returning to school. Ogbemudia said the last time she saw him was around 3am on Thursday when she left him in the living room, where he slept because of heat in his room resulting from power outage.

Ogbemudia said that at dawn, she asked her daughter to tell Benjamin that it was time to wash the family car.

She said, “I asked them to inform him that it was already five minutes to seven; that he should come and wash the car so that I could drop him off and face the business I had for the day. The next thing I heard was a scream from the little girl that I should come and see foam in Benjamin’s mouth.”

The cause of death was not immediately known but a suicide note left behind by Benjamin indicated that frustration at having carry-overs in school, family crisis and his membership of a secret cult led him to take his life.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004095503468
Re: Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by netotse(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
semid4lyfe:

AAU student commits suicide over carry-over courses
By Friday Olokor, Benin, Published: Friday, 9 Apr 2010

Confusion reigned at Etinosasere Street, Ugbiyoko quarters in the Edo State capital, Benin, on Thursday after a final year student of Accounting at Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Mr. Benjamin Oghayerio, was found hanging in his room.

He had reportedly committed suicide over alleged carry-over courses. Although details of the suicide were still sketchy at press-time, it was learnt that residents of House 17 on the street woke up in the morning to discover Benjamin’s lifeless body dangling from the burglar-proof bars in his room. The incident threw the neighbourhood into mourning.

The dead student’s elder sister, Mrs. Rosaline Ogbemudia, said that Benjamin had packed his luggage preparatory to returning to school. Ogbemudia said the last time she saw him was around 3am on Thursday when she left him in the living room, where he slept because of heat in his room resulting from power outage.

Ogbemudia said that at dawn, she asked her daughter to tell Benjamin that it was time to wash the family car.

She said, “I asked them to inform him that it was already five minutes to seven; that he should come and wash the car so that I could drop him off and face the business I had for the day. The next thing I heard was a scream from the little girl that I should come and see foam in Benjamin’s mouth.”

The cause of death was not immediately known but a suicide note left behind by Benjamin indicated that frustration at having carry-overs in school, family crisis and his membership of a secret cult led him to take his life.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004095503468
wasn't there a guy in unilag that committed suicide some years back? in computer science, tomi something. . .cant rem right now. . .
Re: Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by Duniverse(m): 7:30am On Apr 11, 2010
how are we sure that this guy committed suicide because of carryovers.
Re: Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by Emmysteve(m): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2010
How are we sure if it was nt d handwork of his rival's cult grp
Re: Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 11, 2010
cos the pressure is real, and the support he needed to get through it prolly wasn't there. i would have preferred that he drop out though. cry cry
Re: Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by dominique(f): 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2010
netotse:

wasn't there a guy in unilag that committed suicide some years back? in computer science, tomi something. . .cant rem right now. . .

you're correct. happened back in '07 when i was in my final year there. the guy shot himself cos he was going to have an extra year. pathetic sad
Re: Carry-Over Courses: Student Commits Suicide by netotse(m): 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2010
dominique:

you're correct. happened back in '07 when i was in my final year there. the guy shot himself cos he was going to have an extra year. pathetic sad

you were in final year back then? that means we entered school together. . .lol(i just might know you then. . .not likely though, i didn't leave my faculty much)

(1) (Reply)

Dalian Medical University Agrees To Admit Nigerian Students / Uniport Merit List Is Out(wait No More) / Uniben Postutme And De Clearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.