Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,316 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). (1618 Views)

4 Countries Dangote Fertilizer Plant Has Been Exported To. Number 2 Will Wow You / Chicason Recycling Company, Nnewi Opens In Anambra. Buys Refuse From Residents / How Much Is A Unit Of Electricity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
I write this piece of Letter with pain in my heart. Sometimes last year, I started a recycling business in Elepe Ikorodu Lagos State. First I really need to make you guys understand that, I saw hell before I could purchase my crushing machine. I had to safe for a year. I also had to lend money to join to mine money because my savings was not enough.

After securing the machine, I got a space in Elepe dump Ikorodu Lagos State. So I took mine machine to the space, on arriving with mine machine, a day later, I was told the community would not give me light because the said space, falls on the other side of the community that is suppose to supply me light. So I had to start begging the community Development Association. (CDA) I begged, begged and begged. The community said they cannot connect me. They said I should go get mine own transformer. It was that serious, I was meeting the CDA one by one, pleading, I met some of the CDA members, pleading, I met the CDA chairman, a very Nice Yoruba Man, but he told me, his hands were tied, his words, A Tree can’t make a forest. In the process of my desperation for me to be connected to the power grid, I met a community boss, he helped me connect the light since the community hesitated in connecting me. But unfortunately I was disconnected about two weeks later. I was back to square one. I plead, plead and plead, know positive result. As at this time, I have used four months pleading. I was informing my pastors and prophet telling them to help me talk to God, so that God would torch the heart of the CDA community members and for them to have a change of heart. Still know positive result. As at now, I was on five months begging. Five months of mine time wasted. Well I did not complain because I was the one looking for something. Sometimes I would get to Elepe in the morning lets a 8am, on getting to the chairman’s house, I would be told he has gone out, I would wait till he gets back, which is always around 6pm. I would speak to him for about 10mins then am done, then I would be leaving Elepe by 6.30pm to get home around 8.30-9pm. During the whole months I was pleading for light, many times I would just be hanging around the area for hours waiting for the CDA chairman to get back from work. It was a horrible experience. Then after six months of begging, I was connected to the power grid but with a condition, I was told to use the light for six months after much, I should go get mine transformer because I would be disconnected.

So I used the light, I was paying mine NEPA bill every month, I caused know trouble in my host community, but unfortunately, the light was removed after about 8-9months I believe.
This is my observations; I blame the community a little, because they felt our machine was too much on their transformer. Did I mention that there were three other people operating this same business, so all our light was removed from the power grid.
Then I blame POWER HOLDING ( IJEDE UNDERTAKING UNIT) this guys did nothing to help. They just sat down in their office and kept telling us that, we should go resolve with the community. This issue made me jobless. It’s a shame to me because I can work, I want to work, I don’t want to beg and I don’t want to do Yahoo Yahoo, but our Nigerian System is frustrating me. Some people had money they choose to travel out of Nigeria seeking greener pastures, but I choose to do something in mine country. While are we always frustrating ourselves in Nigeria, Must I know Govt Ambode before I can get a job in Nigeria? Do they want me to go and steal? It’s because I can’t steal and I can’t beg, that was while I saved and decided to do something with mine life. For Christ sake, I got a wife and two kids, the first is five years and the second if two years, I need to take care of them, I have just withdraw my son from his after school lesson because I can no longer afford it. Also thinking of changing his school to a lesser school because I don’t know where I can get money to pay his fees. Am giving up on this country, is the Govt indirectly telling me to go start fraud business? It’s so painful, if you poor, people would say, you are lazy, but look at me here trying to make good use of mine self, yet unforeseen forces are frustrating me. Am writing this letter for the whole world to see, especially Nigerian In authority. I need Help before I do something Stupid with mine life.

1 Like

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
This is my recycling certificate i purchased from lagos state

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
This is my Recycling Certificate i bought from Lagos State.

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by karlboss: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
okine4real:
I write this piece of Letter with pain in my heart. Sometimes last year, I started a recycling business in Elepe Ikorodu Lagos State. First I really need to make you guys understand that, I saw hell before I could purchase my crushing machine. I had to safe for a year. I also had to lend money to join to mine money because my savings was not enough.

After securing the machine, I got a space in Elepe dump Ikorodu Lagos State. So I took mine machine to the space, on arriving with mine machine, a day later, I was told the community would not give me light because the said space, falls on the other side of the community that is suppose to supply me light. So I had to start begging the community Development Association. (CDA) I begged, begged and begged. The community said they cannot connect me. They said I should go get mine own transformer. It was that serious, I was meeting the CDA one by one, pleading, I met some of the CDA members, pleading, I met the CDA chairman, a very Nice Yoruba Man, but he told me, his hands were tied, his words, A Tree can’t make a forest. In the process of my desperation for me to be connected to the power grid, I met a community boss, he helped me connect the light since the community hesitated in connecting me. But unfortunately I was disconnected about two weeks later. I was back to square one. I plead, plead and plead, know positive result. As at this time, I have used four months pleading. I was informing my pastors and prophet telling them to help me talk to God, so that God would torch the heart of the CDA community members and for them to have a change of heart. Still know positive result. As at now, I was on five months begging. Five months of mine time wasted. Well I did not complain because I was the one looking for something. Sometimes I would get to Elepe in the morning lets a 8am, on getting to the chairman’s house, I would be told he has gone out, I would wait till he gets back, which is always around 6pm. I would speak to him for about 10mins then am done, then I would be leaving Elepe by 6.30pm to get home around 8.30-9pm. During the whole months I was pleading for light, many times I would just be hanging around the area for hours waiting for the CDA chairman to get back from work. It was a horrible experience. Then after six months of begging, I was connected to the power grid but with a condition, I was told to use the light for six months after much, I should go get mine transformer because I would be disconnected.

So I used the light, I was paying mine NEPA bill every month, I caused know trouble in my host community, but unfortunately, the light was removed after about 8-9months I believe.
This is my observations; I blame the community a little, because they felt our machine was too much on their transformer. Did I mention that there were three other people operating this same business, so all our light was removed from the power grid.
Then I blame POWER HOLDING ( IJEDE UNDERTAKING UNIT) this guys did nothing to help. They just sat down in their office and kept telling us that, we should go resolve with the community. This issue made me jobless. It’s a shame to me because I can work, I want to work, I don’t want to beg and I don’t want to do Yahoo Yahoo, but our Nigerian System is frustrating me. Some people had money they choose to travel out of Nigeria seeking greener pastures, but I choose to do something in mine country. While are we always frustrating ourselves in Nigeria, Must I know Govt Ambode before I can get a job in Nigeria? Do they want me to go and steal? It’s because I can’t steal and I can’t beg, that was while I saved and decided to do something with mine life. For Christ sake, I got a wife and two kids, the first is five years and the second if two years, I need to take care of them, I have just withdraw my son from his after school lesson because I can no longer afford it. Also thinking of changing his school to a lesser school because I don’t know where I can get money to pay his fees. Am giving up on this country, is the Govt indirectly telling me to go start fraud business? It’s so painful, if you poor, people would say, you are lazy, but look at me here trying to make good use of mine self, yet unforeseen forces are frustrating me. Am writing this letter for the whole world to see, especially Nigerian In authority. I need Help before I do something Stupid with mine life.

Please those in appropriate authority should help this man. Why is Nigeria unnecessary too hard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by BlackDBagba: 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Oo
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okosodo: 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Where is the 7000MW that buhari brought from mecca?
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
this is the letter the community wrote to me.

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
this is the Application letter i wrote to the community requesting permission to connect light to their power grid.

Oga Seun
lalastilala

Please make this write up heat front page Please.

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by MANGAM(m): 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
i feel ur pain.
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by obo389(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
I seriously don't know What to say bro.
This is serious front page material. Someone somewhere I believe will see this complain and come to your rescue. Keep the hope alive and don't give up.
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by miqos02(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
na wa
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by surrogatesng: 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
so sorry for ur pain.Have you tried solar?
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by Ajusshi: 3:05am On Jan 11, 2018
Nigerians!
So you planned to set up a factory without carrying out all necessary assessment.
How on earth will you plan to site a power intensive machinery at a particular location without first finding out if you will have good access to electricity and making a provision for alternative source especially in Nigeria with its infamous epileptic power supply?
Sorry, bro, but plan better next time.

4 Likes

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by sammyhands: 6:47am On Jan 11, 2018
Hey man, I feel your pain, please don't close down yet. Email me lets chat
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by kevoh(m): 7:08am On Jan 11, 2018
Bros sorry for your pain but there's no other way than for you to get your transformer. I think the community is taking a smart decision in preventing industrial electricity usage of their transformer by you and your fellow recyclers. The transformer will be overloaded and overwhelmed reducing it's lifespan irrespective of whether you are paying your bills on time.
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=Ajusshi post=64084886]Nigerians!
So you planned to set up a factory without carrying out all necessary assessment.
How on earth will you plan to site a power intensive machinery at a particular location without first finding out if you will have good access to electricity and making a provision for alternative source especially in Nigeria with its infamous epileptic power supply?
Sorry, bro, but plan better next time.

[/quote

Relax and read carefully. It was stated in my writeup that there where three other people doing the same business there. Meaning they where using the power grid, so how would i have imagined that i would not be given light since when i was paying for the space, know body made mention of it. Besides i was not opening a factory like Dangote, its just one small machine.

This is the pics o mine machine

Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2018
sammyhands:
Hey man, I feel your pain, please don't close down yet. Email me lets chat

I have sent you a nairaland mail.
My phone No is 07087776267
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by aieromon(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2018
I really feel for you but I understand and support the CDA point of view. You guys operating industrial machines should come together and look for a way to purchase your transformer.

Don't lose hope.
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by sammyhands: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2018
okine4real:

I have sent you a nairaland mail.
My phone No is 07087776267

Sent you a message on whatsapp
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by whirlwind7(m): 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
okine4real, I remember going through an old thread you once created, about how you went into oil palm plantation. I haven't visited that thread for over 2 years now. Wonder how it went?

You are obviously a tough entrepreneur. I admire your tenacity. This is just another one of those obstacles you need to scale. Doing business in naija can be unreasonably tough.
See, I wouldn't blame the community so much. You know what they would have gone through in getting that transformer. It was probably through self help, and they should rightly be jittery over connecting a heavy duty machine to it. I'm wondering if you discussed with the other two recyclers at the site to know what conditions they were given before the community accepted to connect them. This would have given you a clearer picture of what to expect.

Don't give up yet. There are always ways to take care of such issues. Ask more questions there.
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by suyamasta(m): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
okine4real:
This is my Recycling Certificate i bought from Lagos State.
Sorry for the bad experience, most communities should be begging for people like you, as a collective group try to convince the electricity company to install a transformer or best migrate to a place where industrial support is provided
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for your concern house. Its so painfull when i think about this issue. I have done a lot of stuffs but its as if i always make mistake, or should i say, its always as if them they follow me from my village lol..... But am serious, i always starve myself to achieve, but yet i always get frustrated. NEPA Knows we are there, nothing stops them from supporting us. We as Nigerian dont know we are sufering, in a better environment, the govt would encourage us because they know they are creating employment, but here in Nigeria, you on your own. We cant continue like this ohh. Abeg whom ever fit catapot me go better country should pls help. Inhave lost home.

Lalastilala do the needful pls
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by Atlanticfire: 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
okine4real:
Thanks for your concern house. Its so painfull when i think about this issue. I have done a lot of stuffs but its as if i always make mistake, or should i say, its always as if them they follow me from my village lol..... But am serious, i always starve myself to achieve, but yet i always get frustrated. NEPA Knows we are there, nothing stops them from supporting us. We as Nigerian dont know we are sufering, in a better environment, the govt would encourage us because they know they are creating employment, but here in Nigeria, you on your own. We cant continue like this ohh. Abeg whom ever fit catapot me go better country should pls help. Inhave lost home.

Lalastilala do the needful pls

If you want to succeed in Nigeria, rely less on Government.

Get a generator to power your business, add the cost of the generator and fueling to your operating cost and price your finished products according to your expense.

In many businesses, the profit is enough to pay for the additional expense on power.
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by okine4real: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
Everywhere I have seen there they do recycling business, they dont use generator . It would kill your generator and you would not make profit because you would spend your profit buying diesel. There is a very very big difference when you use electric motto machine and when you just have ordinary machines in your company. Electric motto consums light through out while its on, but its the other way ground for ordinary machines.
Re: My Recycling Plant Has Close Down Because Nepa (ijede Unit Refuse To Help). by Atlanticfire: 7:05am On Jan 26, 2018
okine4real:
Everywhere I have seen there they do recycling business, they dont use generator . It would kill your generator and you would not make profit because you would spend your profit buying diesel. There is a very very big difference when you use electric motto machine and when you just have ordinary machines in your company. Electric motto consums light through out while its on, but its the other way ground for ordinary machines.

Do you want advice to move your business forward or not.

Stop looking at what you know only, learn from others.
Which successful business or company in Nigeria depends soly on public power supply for it's operation?

My advice is this.

1. Buy a petrol or diesel Engine and connect to your crusher so you can use the engine in place of the electric motor to power the crusher.
2. Buy a generator to power your electric motor.

Option 1 will be cheaper for you.
You will be in control of your production with any of these options.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Streams Of Income Training Holds In Ibadan / How Legit Is /www.deluxe.com.ng / Started A Professional Laundry & Dry Cleaning Business With Less Than N300K...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.