Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds (1118 Views)

Ewere Onyekpe: UK Authorities Punish Nigerian Doctor Over Sex With Patient / Woman Who Tested Negative For COVID-19 Fails HIV/AIDS And Hepatitis Test / Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds by SAMAYODELE(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
A former lecturer at Obafemi Awolowo University, Francis Fakoya has been called out on Facebook by one of his former students who accused him of failing medical students because of sex.

An alumnus of the university, Funke Dezarn, on Sunday, January 7 decided to expose the lecturer who was said to have his power as a lecturer to fail Medical Students who refused to have sex with him.

Dezarn wrote:
Oprah’s speech on Golden Globe tonight inspired me to post this.
“Dr.Med.Dr” Francis Andy Fakoya of Anatomy Department ,OAU Ile-Ife Nigeria, you destroyed many young lives through your sexual harassments. As that was not enough, you used your power as a teacher to Medical Students, to fail any student that refused you.
Some of the student victims repeated the class, some like me were lucky to have just a resit, while some were thrown out of Medical school. I chose to say NO to you and you failed me in Anatomy 2 times (Part 2 and Part 3), which are the only failures I have on my transcript!!! I remember your words to me both times, a day before both exams, “Agree to sleep with me or you fail and resit the exam”.
Wherever you are tonight (St George’s University, Medical School, Caribbean Island), for all the lives you affected negatively, TIME’S UP!!

Funke who is said to be assistant class rep when she was in the university was applauded for speaking up and calling out the lecturer.

Meanwhile, one Tunde Komolafe who graduated from the University also commented on the post saying he heard about the story then but didn't know it was that deep.

Funke later revealed in her comments that her father wanted to report the lecturer but was held back by the then chair, Professor Ezekiel Caxton-Martins.

'Yes, Dr. Komolafe! My dad was so upset the 2nd time that we went to report to Caxton Martins, who was the chair then. He begged us not to make it a big deal because I will be the one to suffer it if my dad reports to the authorities.

Caxton Martins insisted that I should take the resit and move on with my life. (But my transcript is always there to remind me of life) Many of the anatomy and Physiology teachers knew about the incidents. That is just my story, I know more that were affected and had to resit the course, repeat the year or leave Med School.

'Time’s up for accountability. It’s time for him to pay the price''.
Francis Fakoya according to the lady is now a professor at St. George's University, Grenada in North America.

See more at https://m.facebook.com/Victoria.Vickie/posts/10156210146825815

Re: Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds by rosy1992(f): 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
He is a callous old man, nemesis must bounce back on u.
Re: Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds by Sola73(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
a yoruba proverb says, "iyan ogun odun ama joni lowo" (a 20-year old pounded yam may still hurt!)
Re: Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds by ogbeniolola: 6:55am On Jan 12, 2018
I share the the pains of Dr Funke!....I had a nasty experience in IFE medical school back then as well. I was there in 1992 and remember Dr Fakoya as a young lecturer and how boring and drab his class always was. I also remember Big Foot and caxton-martins too and I can attest to the fact that the faculty of basic medical sciences in IFE stinks. In my set back then, you had to do something magical to pass the so called part 1 and 2 exams. It wasn't just the ladies that were harassed; innocent guys were humiliated too.
Re: Lecturer Fails Medical Students Over Sex. St. George's University Responds by Mcsenior(m): 7:34am On Jan 12, 2018
cool

For free natural home made remedies for all life threatening infections & diseases, kindly visit naturalremedylab.com today

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Pimples Scars – 7 Diys For A Blemish Free Skin / Mosquito On Steroids.. / Jumia Slashed Prices....get Apetamin Weight Gain Syrup For As Low As 2000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.