Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? (3904 Views)

nairaland cloned script..........need HELP / I Need Steps To Creating A Database Using Wampserver / Save Facebook Comments Into A Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by gdcomms: 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2010
Hi PHP/MySQL gurus,I don't know much about PHP/MySQL.I want to embed PHP in my Login and Contact form pages in my website.Do I also need to set up a database for this to work?

Thanks!
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2010
yes u ve to okay! just post wat u want, lemme render help for, hey all for free
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 11, 2010
@phpcore. You are a 4cking newbie,

Shey contact form now needs sql or any database?

Only php is used for major contact pages, For the login/signup/whatever, that's where a database should come in, to save users data.

Although a contact form may use a database, really don't see it's use.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 4:32am On Apr 11, 2010
lwkmd! I tot u had eyes but now I know that u are blind. All u guyz think u kno sumfin not knowing that u kno nofing! I see most of all ur comments and posts, Hey bro, u dnt have all it akes 2 be a programmer, ok. FYI, the brotha made mention of Login, besdies that iz the problem wiv u nigerians, u dont like teaching sumone sumfing 2 d core, u do part by part so that the person will come back and u then ask for some box. If u say i'm a 4*****g newbie as u quote, then know it that i'm beta that ur x-works and will be beta than ur next, Av a blissful sunday and u guyz shud stop bragging unnecessary. From the desk of Stan. Stay bless
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2010
phpcore. I know you may be better than i am. Sorry, that's how i talk, Really sorry. I don't brag. What i know i know. And i respect those that are mouthed,

I believe peeps should give just what people want. What is core about a contact that hits a database. Oga please tell me.

Look. When i needed login/registration scripts, when i needed it, after a lotta coding years/experience, what my friend Dual Core gave me was just a good procedural coded system.

Wonder if it was object orientedly programmed at a stage i was then, shocked I would not understand it.

No beef man. I am good!!! grin
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 12, 2010
Bros, look at it from this point of view.

You can save files like pdf files in a database and make some call to bring them out.

And also you can simply save it in a folder. Just cause you wanna make a learner good in database workout will not make you make him use that method.

Wed development is yet to be fully known by anyone anywhere. Some things i learn here, or wherever are cause i see immediate need for them. No body is contesting your knowledge and ability.

Even few peeps here, in coding, i go kill them, but in understanding how to manage sites, i go drop my cap.

Learning never stops.

Like Quadrillio will say:

SAFE.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by OmniPotens(m): 6:04am On Apr 12, 2010
Hey, no battles here. This was just a simple question not even the actual codes. Even my simple XHTML question was difficult for answers to be turned in so I wonder why this one,

gdcomms:

Hi PHP/MySQL gurus,I don't know much about PHP/MySQL.I want to embed PHP in my Login and Contact form pages in my website.Do I also need to set up a database for this to work?

Thanks!

You can use database for both depending on what you want to achieve. Having a login page means you will like to deal with membership management. In one form or the other, you'll have to register your users. As for the contact form, you might want to track forms using an assigned ID just like in a trouble ticket for easier referencing or tracking or anything related. Else you just use the PHP mail function to forward replies to you email address then alert for successful delivery. You now handle all from your inbox.

Does this solve your problem?
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by gdcomms: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2010
Hey guys!Why the war anyway?This is a forum for God's sake and nota battle ground like Afghanistan or, Everyone is good in one way or another and limited somewhere else.
My question was straight and simple and Donpuzo & also Omnipotens have given a clear cut explanation.Am impressed!
Pls we should learn to respect others.

Thanks
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by gdcomms: 9:17am On Apr 12, 2010
Also I have some pdf files to send immediately after submission of the contact form (like in autoresponders),pls can you throw more light what I need to do?
In anticipation!

Thanks a lot!

(Pls no more war)
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2010
@Donpuzo @phpcore hey guys long time anyone here miss me, u neccessarily mighnt not need to use a database you could even store all information into Xml but the xml might have to be encrypted database is less stressful.holla us here we could help you out, and also Long time Guys how's the Php journey going took a break of 2weeks from php now am back.let's have fun again.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2010
K, guyz my bad! I'm Sorry. @ Donpuzo n All. For the pdf files wahala, why dont u create  a folder at the server, then use the file field 2 upload it to the server wit php > move_uploaded_file<  Try modifying thses codes and see if it hepl u out, any more probz,  We gat big broz here like Donpuzo, Omni n others,  Once again guyz, My bad!  No fighting,

Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2010
K, check out d help1 doc i uploaded n make it fit ur needs.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2010
see phpcore just solved someone's problem never know whose problem u might be solving the CEO of Nokia or Microsoft or some randomn Gay dude undecided
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by gdcomms: 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2010
Thanks @Pc Guru.Will get back if any probs.
Also gud u settled scores.U knw we all hve just one life to live,lets make judicious use of it.

Again thanks
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
Ur funny Pc guru, Al the same , Kip coding, Stay bless. I sign out for the moment. Tata 4 now.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by DualCore1: 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2010
WTF gawdammit! And i just got pop corn? PC gure et al, how do you guys manage to ruin a good fight anyway? angry
For the love of gawd I boned silverbird for this place cry

Whatever mehn, I'll just sit and hope my radar tracks any fresh fight I can watch on NL.

PC Guru, welcome back. . . didn't miss you tongue
Omni, IM me, PM me, whatever me, just get through to me bro you don dey behave like cyber ghost. What's the 411 on that thingy?

Hey y'all get outta here and get some beer or something. All PHP and no beer = bugs.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
@pc guru. If dual no miss you i did, Just came up from coding island. When i met this core php guy wey like core scripts,

@Dualcore. You need help, with all this ur slangs and ways. NA CODING CAUSE AM NA.

@Omnipotens. Just that i have stoped all the code shitssssz and focus on standard web development practice, so i had to practice my new changed skills.

@phpcore. No shitz, we are cool guys now.

@All. Go back to coding, if the poster needs assistance for whatever type we have offered, i sure will spring up with solution,
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 8:45am On Apr 13, 2010
No kwamz guy! I think u guyz, doing ur thing and freestyling @ da same time. Enjoy Guyz, But there are more to coding letz alwyz put that @ d back of our mind! 1love.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
@phpcore. Whatever. lipsrsealed

@poster. I downloaded the code my bros who codes php in the core level gave you, and i am lost of if that satisfied your need, cause it had no way to mail an email a pdf document.

However, if you need the code. I mean, one that will do such, i will be glad to assist you with it. smiley
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by gdcomms: 12:24am On Apr 14, 2010
@Donpuzo.Pls will like to get code.
My email: restoringh@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 14, 2010
intwesting. sometimes, i enjoy just hanging on the sidelines and watching.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by OmniPotens(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2010
But sometimes you just but have to drop some comments to settle some useless riffs you see coming on.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by DualCore1: 8:28am On Apr 14, 2010
OmniPotens:

But sometimes you just but have to drop some comments to settle some useless riffs you see coming on.
The useless riffs are the fun! and thanks to you and pc guru, una don spoil me and tony fun! angry

Ok let me make my first serious statement about this. Donpuzo your mouth no good. Nobody likes being called a newbie. It can make a man cry. Well since the fight has been settled (sadly), omni take us out for beer. Bro its your responsibility, you lead we follow grin. All the non-beering devs should not come o
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2010
wink
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
i think the problem with some of you guys is that you write too much codes. everything is not about coding you know.
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2010
@dhtml thank God someone said it i hate those programmers who crack coding jokes i hate it, it happens in my office. imagine this statement "EmployeeX:I go like be President,"

EmployeeY:Ha if you be president you go dey dash everyone free I.P Address

pc guru: thinking(Gosh this guys are idiots).

as much as i love programming i love the Good Life that gives u some sense of flexibility if u are not one sided even got another programmer here who claims he's php but never codes anything in his life but download completed scripts from Google or tell me to write for him. his sense of humour is whacked that if you say PHP is like Php he'd laugh hard for hours,

inshort if be mod i go dey ban serious minded no sense of humour programmers on nairaland and make cracking a joke compulsory. got that?
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by DualCore1: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2010
if(isset(pcgurumod)){
//code to delete omnipotens, dhtml, pcguru himself, gdcomms, donpuzo e.t.c minus me
}

public static void main(string []){
system.out.println( "yea pc guru we got that"wink;}
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 15, 2010
@poster. Sorry, the helveticab.php, one part was rounded up to a smiley. I have attached the code.

@ Tony. Whatever. @Dual. Just like teasing peeps, that's all. I have been called newbie too here na. Shey that one mean anything. You self, shey u no be newbie grin lipsrsealed .

@pc guru. Na u sabi that one.

@Omini. Thanks for always droping off to solve issues, when i am high on Baron Romero.

@Dual. Please can i join in the beer stuff, although na red wine be my fav. I promise to be good and respectful. tongue

@all. phpcore na my Oga and big bros. I respect am die. Mostly cause he codes core,

Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by DualCore1: 12:41am On Apr 15, 2010
yea i'm a newbie at everything, that's what makes me an oldie at being a newbie.

As for the beer, feel free to join as long as you clear off the drinking age of 55
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2010
@Dual. WTF. grin
Re: Php/mysql. Does Every Php Script Need A Database? by phpcore: 1:30am On Apr 16, 2010
Guyz review this site 4 me, Commentz are needed. www.studio042nigeria.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of Potential Christmas Scams / Is Website Design A Good And Worthy Career? / Bored? Have Fun with Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.