Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

Break Down Of Davido's Hit Jam FIA Lyrics - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Break Down Of Davido's Hit Jam FIA Lyrics (5834 Views)

Davido - “Fia” (Video) / Download Davido Fia Official Video / Download - Davido - Fia [new Music] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Break Down Of Davido's Hit Jam FIA Lyrics by onilanre(m): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2018
One Nigeria Debel Ajiboye through a comment breaks down the lyrics to the song for his non- Nigerian fans. After the translation, you will see how the song now makes sense plus you will also realize that he was going through a dark period in his life.

The song was composed by Davido at a difficult time in his career. Just a few weeks ago, he lost two close friends. While David was heart broken and mourning their death, national and international media were publishing all sorts of unprofessional reports blaming David for the cause of their deaths.

Here is the meaning:

Below are pidgin and yoruba sentences used in the music.

0:31 Say make I wire wire – Wire in pidgin means two things, either money transfer or Internet fraud a.k.a 419

0:34 Ma gba oo – In Yoruba this means telling someone “to disagrees” or “not to allow”

0:41 Dey form Yemi my lover boy – Pretending to be a lover boy

0:45 You for dey for me when the boy dey hunger – You should have stood by me when I was broke 0:50 I for try for you – I would have tried my best to help you

0:53 You say “ If you no get money hide your face” I hide my face, make another man pikin run my race – This sentence can simply be translated as “ No matter the condition I will never let another man take my position” David is trying to remind his haters and fans that he will give up but continue to lead this game in good and hard times.

1:03 I love you no mean say if you say make I put one hand for fire, I go put hand for fire – The fact that I am in love with you doesn’t mean I will do any form of sacrifice for you.

1:12 He no mean say if you say make I put one leg for fire, I go put leg for fire. – This lyrically means the same-thing as what I wrote above.

1:40 Shukura kilo kosi o?, Shuku shaker aya shoe maker – « Shukura » is a female name. This sentence means: Shukura what are you putting on? Shuku shaker ( Shukura’s pet name) wife of a shoe maker.

1:49 Hola hola Mr Olopa, am not here to cause wahala – Calm down Mr policeman I am not here to cause trouble. Olopa in Yoruba language means « police man ». Wahala in Yoruba language and pidgin means trouble. I hope I helped you understand this song better. Peace out.”

Credit: ROSEMARY KARIITHI

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Panshak 'ice Prince' Zamani Loses Hypertensive Mom. / (clean Video) Download 'nek Unek' By Mc Galaxy Ft Davido / Kizito - D Boi Ft Frankiefree (new Music)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.