Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Open Dedication For Child Refused NOT By My Church, But Another One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Dedication For Child Refused NOT By My Church, But Another One (332 Views)

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) / Lady Takes Pictures In A Church But Has Got People Talking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Dedication For Child Refused NOT By My Church, But Another One by misu: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
Just run acrosss a similar topic on this site while trying to find a BIBLICAL solution to a somehow similar situation:

I (father) am asking for our 3 months old son to be openly /publicly dedicated alongside four other families, in another evangelical church, NOT in our church where we are members yet have a "nightmare fellowship" with leaders and lots of other families. The new church´s answer was that we should first adress the issue to our local leadership, and /OR perhaps (...) they would take in consideration to have a private prayer but not in their regular service with other families. Or, perhaps later, after few weeks until they will decide in their Council ....but the pastor is reluctant to do it.

Is there an obligation for pastors to "bless" children from families that are not on his membership? Can he refuse to do it on biblical bases?
I thought they should do it for any kind of children ---they are not wearing father´s sins, dont they?

We know that no children is "guilty", but how does this relate with the eclesiology policy between different churches?
Much help needed it indeed.
Re: Open Dedication For Child Refused NOT By My Church, But Another One by Ubenedictus(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
misu:
Just run acrosss a similar topic on this site while trying to find a BIBLICAL solution to a somehow similar situation:

I (father) am asking for our 3 months old son to be openly /publicly dedicated alongside four other families, in another evangelical church, NOT in our church where we are members yet have a "nightmare fellowship" with leaders and lots of other families. The new church´s answer was that we should first adress the issue to our local leadership, and /OR perhaps (...) they would take in consideration to have a private prayer but not in their regular service with other families. Or, perhaps later, after few weeks until they will decide in their Council ....but the pastor is reluctant to do it.

Is there an obligation for pastors to "bless" children from families that are not on his membership? Can he refuse to do it on biblical bases?
I thought they should do it for any kind of children ---they are not wearing father´s sins, dont they?

We know that no children is "guilty", but how does this relate with the eclesiology policy between different churches?
Much help needed it indeed.
it is just internal Church rules...

for instance a Catholic priest will dedicate ur baby if you like but will not baptise him unless a Catholic from ur family stands for training him in the faith.

this one is just Church rules, why not dedicate ur baby in your Church?

Evangelical believe in a kind of priesthood for all believer that says u are equal to your pastor, if he doesn't agree do it yourself and bless your child with your own words.
Re: Open Dedication For Child Refused NOT By My Church, But Another One by misu: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
this one is just Church rules, why not dedicate ur baby in your Church?
TENSIONS with Leadership. Almost a spliiting situation....Us in "other camp"

Evangelical believe in a kind of priesthood for all believer that says u are equal to your pastor, if he doesn't agree do it yourself and bless your child with your own words.[/quote]
Equality in ROLE and FUNCTIONS differ in evang.churches. Not sacramentalism, but ...we pray daily for liitle one. Missing smt.?

(1) (Reply)

Fire In The Word - An Experience At Our Daily Manna (ODM) / Check Out 6 Steps On How To Fix & Save A Broken Marriage / Assemblies Of God Pastor Drags Lawyer To NBA, AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.