Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

It Turns Out Trump Thinks Those Of Us From Africa, Are From poo-holes - CNN, Is - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / It Turns Out Trump Thinks Those Of Us From Africa, Are From poo-holes - CNN, Is (440 Views)

FBI SWAT Team Arrives At Capitol To Clean Out Trump Seditionists / Check Out Trump's Tweet As #impeachtrump Trends Online / WATCH: American President Donald Trump Says CNN Is Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Turns Out Trump Thinks Those Of Us From Africa, Are From poo-holes - CNN, Is by bumi10(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
It Turns Out Trump Thinks Those Of Us From Africa, Are From Shit-holes - CNN, Isha Sesay

US President, Donald Trump is still maintaining his stance on Africans. This time not only Nigerians but African as a whole. Though his aides denied the notion before that he said and I quote "once Nigerians see USA, they wont want to go back to their huts".

CNN Africa correspondent, Isah Sesay have taken the bull by the horn as she tweeted via CNNAfrica handle that Trump thinks Africans come out from shitholes.

According to her;

It turns out that US President, Donald Trump thinks those of us from Africa came out from shithole countries. What do you think my fellow African??

See her tweet below and people's reactions

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/01/it-turns-out-trump-thinks-those-of-us.html

Cc mynd44 lalasticlala dominique

Re: It Turns Out Trump Thinks Those Of Us From Africa, Are From poo-holes - CNN, Is by sunnysunny69(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
Trump na animal in human skin.
Re: It Turns Out Trump Thinks Those Of Us From Africa, Are From poo-holes - CNN, Is by Litmus: 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2018
Mmm-hmmm, I have been waiting for Nigerians or haters of Nigerians, utilising the troll ID “I'm Nigerian”, to come take ownership of this slur on our behalf. I see that Al-Jazeera has alredy started the ball rolling by surreptitiously including a Nigerian in Lagos being interviewed about the comment by Trump. To my knowledge, Nigerians are not beneficiaries of US none deportation nations policy. Sierra leone and Guinea were beneficiaries under the Obama administration during the Ebola crises in West Africa and it is to these nations in Africa that trumps shit-hole nations remark applies. Prior to his latest comments, Trump referred to Nigeria in terms of primitive villages,so let's not conflate the two remarks in order to position Nigeria as exemplary of the nations Trump refers.

- And,no Trump does not besmear Nigeria by implication because if there's one thing people should realise about diplomacy in the West, they select their words with care. This is not to sugest, Trump or Western politicians of his ilk don't hold this view on Nigeria as well as all of Africa or even specifically about Nigeria, but he did not make the controversial smear attributed to him on this occasion in reference to Nigeria. Lets not own this.

(1) (Reply)

EU Chief Urges Trump To ‘make Trade, Not War’ / The Bitter Truth From President Trump's Speech About Africa / Trump Tells Putin: “I Really Think The World Wants Us To Get Along.”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.