Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Any Law On Keeping Money At Home? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Any Law On Keeping Money At Home? (483 Views)

The Positions Of Law On Bigamy And Polygamy / Ogun Government To Enforce Law On Social Function Performance From November 1st. / Law On How To Eject A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Law On Keeping Money At Home? by enet1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
Goodpm all,I want to ask if there is any law that mandates Nigerians not to keep money at home.I am talking about money in the region of more than 1,000,000 naira...
Re: Any Law On Keeping Money At Home? by MrMcJay(m): 5:25am On Feb 07, 2018
enet1:
Goodpm all,I want to ask if there is any law that mandates Nigerians not to keep money at home.I am talking about money in the region of more than 1,000,000 naira...

Legally, there is no law that prohibits you from keeping even a billion Naira in cash at home. However, the problem is that our security agents would suspect that such funds are the proceeds of criminal activity or money laundering.

Hence, if you have 1M and you're arrested, don't say it's proceeds of your business transaction. If you do, you're in trouble. Don't say anything until your lawyer is present.

Section 1 subsection 1(a-b) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act states that:
(1) No person or body corporate shall make or accept cash payment of a sum exceeding-
(a) N500,000 or its equivalent, in the case of an individual, or
(b) N2,000,000.00 (Two million Naira) or its equivalent, in the case of a body corporate...

(1) (Reply)

To Let , Room & Parlour Self 120k P.a, 2bedrm Flat 150k P.a / My God After Making Up , You Are So Beautiful And Your Value Added Too Much / Cedarwood Boulevard Estate, Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.