Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot (435 Views)

ExxonMobil Nigeria Renews OMLs Leases For A 20–Year Period / What Can A 20 Year Old Guy Do With His 100k Savings / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot by edward1984(m): 7:54am On Jan 13, 2018
A 20-year-old from Florida says he plans to "have some fun" after being named sole winner of a $451m (£330m) lottery jackpot.

Shane Missler matched five numbers and a bonus ball to scoop the fourth largest win in the US game's history.

He opted to receive a one-time payment of $282m, instead of the full amount over a longer period of time.

Mr Missler said he had a feeling he could win on the night of the Mega Millions draw, says a press release.
Minutes after the draw a week ago he posted on Facebook: "Oh. My. God."

Mr Missler presented his winning ticket at the state lottery headquarters in Tallahassee on Friday, accompanied by his father and a lawyer.

He said he has big plans for his winnings.

"I'm only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family and do some good for humanity," said Mr Missler, according to the statement.

He told the Tampa Bay Times : "I intend to take care of my family, have some fun along the way and cement a path for financial success so that I can leave a legacy far into the future."

His lawyer said his client had "retired" from his job at a company that carried out employment background checks.

Mr Missler bought the winning ticket at a 7-Eleven in his hometown of Port Richey, 40 miles (64km) north of Tampa, using a "Quick Pick" option that selects the numbers randomly.

The winning numbers were 28, 30, 39, 59, and 70 with a "Mega Ball" of 10.

"If there is one thing I have learned thus far in my short time on this earth it is that those who maintain a positive mindset and stay true to themselves get rewarded," Mr Missler said.

"I look forward to the future."

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-42671157

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Rich for life
Re: A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 13, 2018
I wish I was the one, this kid is lucky for life.
Re: A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot by Ndukings92(m): 8:17am On Jan 13, 2018
nawao
Re: A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot by squarelead(m): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2018
Wow. Congrats Bro. My fortune will soon locate me I believe.
Re: A 20 Year Old In Florida Won $451M Jackpot by Silvermoney: 8:37am On Jan 13, 2018
This is the ultimate example of God picking someone's call. In fact in this case God didn't pick your call. He was the one that initiated the call by Himself. You even had to do small shakara before picking His call. Only very few of us would ever come anywhere close to receiving this kind of supreme favour.

I sincerely count myself among that 0.01 percent of favoured souls.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Incorporate Your Company With CAC / Entrepreneur Ideas For Teens By Corpers Forum / How Zinox Acquired E-commerce Giant, Konga…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.