Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland (412 Views)

Simon Achuba To Sue Yahaya Bello Over N819m Unpaid Salary, Allowances / Dino Melaye’s Recall: Faleke Mocks Gov Bello Over ‘failed’ Verification Exercise / 2019: Kogi Youth Have Spoken, Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by Opinionated: 8:31am On Jan 13, 2018
This appeal I am shooting out has been on my mind for days to write about, it could have been a bad thing, if I did not write this, I want to draw the attention of His Excellency Alhaji Yahaya Bello (Governor ,Kogi State) HRH Dr Ibrahim Ado (Ohinoyi of Ebiraland), Senator Ahmed Ogembe (Kogi Central), Barrister Ozigi Deedat (Commissioner For Water Resources), Adayi Engr. Abubakar and other Prominent Ebira Leaders I don’t know their names or portfolios.

It is a great joy, being from Kogi Central, I want to draw the attention of our political leaders and other prominent leaders from Kogi Central, on how our people are suffering for water due to its unavailability in the zone. It a bad thing for me if all the communities in the region can’t boast of 2-4 boreholes per community. The people are really suffering in terms of water.

This water scarcity meanwhile, didn’t start this year nor last 4 years. I think now that God has blessed us with the governor from our zone and how we have notable people, I don’t expect the suffering to still be the same.

I will love to see this water scarcity reduced if not completely at least to a low level, though I still commend the leaders and other humanitarians who have contributed to the development and betterment of the communities.

Some Communities don’t even have water to draw from their well, I believe with the improved electricity we have, The leaders can still do something to end this. We have young children and old women struggling for water instead of going for normal business.

I write this with a saddening soul, I don’t intend to criticize the leaders but to bring it to their attention as a good Ebira citizen. I will be happy if after this plea a way to end this will be brought forward.

I will be happy and feel honoured if I can be in any way to help the leaders in solving these problems.

Lastly I want to urge every Ebira sons and daughters who God has blessed to please try to do one humanitarian service to the communities.

Thank you,
Yakubu Jimoh

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/kogi-youth-writes-open-letter-gov-bello-water-scarcity-ebiraland/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by Opinionated: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2018
Water supply is still a huge challenge for many Nigerians especially in rural areas. Government at all levels should fix this.
Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by LionDeLeo: 8:35am On Jan 13, 2018
Is Okene Water Board no longer operational?

I think the government should focus on reviving the boards facilities which have degraded due to long years of neglect.

Though boreholes may still be sunk to complement.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by phrancys001(m): 8:46am On Jan 13, 2018
He's a failure at home and also a failure in existence,egbira people i feel your suffering Yaya bello is the worst thing to happen to kogi state.
Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by usba: 8:51am On Jan 13, 2018
Bello Bello you are a disgrace to humanity. Even basic dividends you can not deliver. Look at your mate Obiano commissioning boreholes everywhere.

Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by LionDeLeo: 9:06am On Jan 13, 2018
usba:
Bello Bello you are a disgrace to humanity. Even basic dividends you can not deliver. Look at your mate Obiano commissioning boreholes everywhere.
phrancys001:
He's a failure at home and also a failure in existence,egbira people i feel your suffering Yaya bello is the worst thing to happen to kogi state.

Absolutely correct.

That cow of a governor with stolen mandate has ultimately proven to be one of the worst things that ever happened to the Ebiras in particular and kogi state in general.

Rather than using the only opportunity Ebiras have to prove their worth in leadership, he further sank them down in kogi state.

I can bet it, before the Ebiras will be able to produce a governor in kogi state again, it will take ages, and only with divine intervention.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by aolawale025: 10:05am On Jan 13, 2018
I doubt Bello would win elections in kogi central
Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by LionDeLeo: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2018
aolawale025:
I doubt Bello would win elections in kogi central
Which kogi central?

Let him win okene LGA first where he comes from before talking about a senatorial zone.
Re: Kogi Youth Writes Open Letter To Gov. Bello Over Water Scarcity In Ebiraland by Adieza(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and madridguy cc' sarrki and jarushub

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Cooking Gas Station Catches Fire On CMD Road, Lagos / Benue Killings: My People Are Still Under Siege – Ortom / PHOTOS: Chibok Boy Who Had Surgery For Spinal Cord Injuries Has Started School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.