Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Lying Is Not Loving - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lying Is Not Loving (410 Views)

Afenifere Tackles Osinbajo: You Are A Pastor, Stop Lying; Nigeria Not Safe / Lauretta Onochie Caught Lying On Twitter Over Nasarawa-Jos Road (Photos) / ”lying Is The Most Consistent Achievement Of Professor Osinbajo” – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lying Is Not Loving by Swiftboy(m): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2018
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=19770r84522307925&id=100000191901705

Lying is not Loving.

If you truly love Nigeria you would not lie about Nigeria. Ditto for Africa. But some folks tend to believe that the best way to demonstrate love for country is to ignore uncomfortable truths about that country. That's not love. That's delusion.

After Trump's (alleged) 'shithole' expletive against Africa, I personally had a shithole experience just yesterday. Guys, make no mistake about it, Nigeria is a shithole. But there's always hope.

As usual, there was no electricity (in 2018). My generator had problems which I had deferred fixing till yesterday. So a generator mechanic was fixing my generator for which he billed me #9k. I was frustrated with that bill but I had no choice because I needed to work.

As he began to get his hands dirty, I made my way to the filling station to purchase the product into my 10 litres Jerry Can. Alas! They would not sell PMS into jerry cans. All the filling stations I went to declined to sell into jerry cans, even NNPC.

So now, the Power Distribution Company is frustrating me; my generator is frustrating me; the mechanic gave me a frustrating bill and now the government would not sell available product to me just because I brought a jerry can (which I bought with my own money) citing some useless guidelines.

After scampering for fuel with no luck, I came back to NNPC. The story was the same. The young female attendant was adamant. When I wouldn't give up, she advised me to see her manager. I approached the manager and asked for a favour. He said it's no fault of his, that it's directive from above. At a point he got upset with my constant pleas.

Eventually, I told him that I could have patronized the Black Marketers who had approached me, but that I didn't want to do that so as to discourage their market. I told him that it is policies like NNPC's that create a booming market for black marketers. He wouldn't bulge. I didn't leave the station but hung around. After a while, he beckoned to me and directed an attendant to sell the product. I thanked him.

See the drama I had to go through just to get fuel to power my generator in order to do my legal work and earn a decent living IN AN OIL-RICH COUNTRY.

So, if Nigeria is not a shithole, what is?

Guys, let's not kid ourselves. You may not like Trump for what he is alleged to have said, but he spoke the ancient truth. Black Africa is stuck in the 'dark age'. Literally.

As for those condemning Trump, if USA or UK gives them free visas, accommodation and work in the poorest State in America/UK, they'd jump at it without a second thought. That alone proves Trump's point. Let's get serious.

Lying about our condition does not mean we are being hateful of our country. The first step to recovery is to accept the truth about your health.

#truthissacred
Selah.

(1) (Reply)

Makurdi Protest: Gov Ortom Directs Police To Restore Order / [chronicle] China Storms Nigeria / See How Politicians Are Sharing Salary In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.