Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review (1319 Views)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / Death Blow 2 Is My Favourite Again. Da Vinci Mode Is Finally Out / The Official Thread: "The Da vinci Mode" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review by tavarez(f): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2010
Modenine- Da Vinci Mode (Redeye Records 2010)

(Producers:-Kraft,Wassbeats,2muchmusic,XYZ,DJ Klem,Big Foot,Kid Konnect,X-Blaze,OsoSensi and Myme,Alias and Modenine himself).

(Guest Appearances:-Kraft,YQ,OD,Blaise,Terry Tha Rapman,Ososensi,.Mo-CheddaH,A1,Tuface Idibia,and additional vocals by Wassbeats)

CRITICAL ANALYSIS.
Analyzing a Modenine album is nothing short of a Herculean task for obvious reasons.And since the emergence of one "Short black boy",the Rapdom has been rife with :harsh debates and the internet has been buzzing over who's head the rap crown lies on.Modenine comes through on the 19th of March,with his official third effort. Da. Vinci Mode (Red Eye Records 2010) distributed by. Tjoe,
The Album is another Modenine epic packed with brain racking punchlines,dope Hip-Hop samples and uncanny story-telling abilities.,and goes hard in all aspects.It starts off on an introspective note with an intro from Will-I-am of the Black eyed Peas,explaining why Modenine has everyone on his Jock.the Album bounces off to the. Kraft Produced "We at it again"where he reminds you whom he is on a soulful instrumental with lines like
"First name Sege ,
Last name Wale /but not the one with a single with Lady Gaga/I could make yall babies go goo goo ga ga /search the net to decipher that google Gaga.".The album goes on to the Wazbeat produced "So fly" where Mode explains his lattitude "this is not flight school this is Airforce".The A1 featured and produced "Badman".has Doc ninestein going for mainstream glory.The album tone changes to Vintage Mode with the XYZ of Str8buttah produced " Black rap messiah"and has. Mode affirming his spot and maintaining his stance that he's still the saviour of Nigerian rap and throws shots at the internet naysayers with lines like "I'm notjustok I'm statistics / bloggers can all kiss this piss Stick.Hip-hop newcoming producer Kid Konnect blessed 9 with a soulful Fela Kuti sampled Instrumental where 9 pours out his soul with bars like "silver bullets for you Vampire Labels / I'm tired of the fables and fraud/Tired of you Liars ,tired of Awards cuz even if I win they say its arranged".Mode goes hard over the X-blaze produced "Muzik Lives",and goes interrogative on "What you want" which had MoChedda living up to the hype with a top notch performance.Mode goes on to state the obvious on th Biggie Smalls sampled "Rhyme Tight," where he let's the upcoming cats know wat time it is, "Okokomaiko has Mode going Nostalgic and back to his roots affirming that he's just as Ghetto as every goon you see out there.Mode goes mushy to the love of his life on Wazbeats produced "Thinking about you".Ososensi blesses 9 with a classic Ragga tinged hook,and had mode advising Gun-totting,gangster rap Emcees,including "all those that want to die",Mode shows his love for Soccer and The Nigerian super eagles,with an Ode to his Dream team "Top Eleven".,and calls out Nigerian Soccer Legends from Samuel Okwaraji to Jay-Jay Okocha, I know I am not the only Head that is Glad to hear Overdose over the YQ assisted "Loke" where. OD took shots at the "so called king" "no Long story / now who's claiming King tell him Shift like Goldie".Mode goes down memory lane once more on the Alias produced "Remember"and re-affirms his grown man status and also letting you know how far he has come in his journey in Hip-hop."Remeber wen they wasn't feeling rap.?".Solo-dee put me on back in 96 / I remember trading bars with Extra large on a Freestyle tip / he was in charge / I knew I had to go home and work extra hard.(That night I tore up my old rhyme book and said let's start all over again let's write some punchines.) Surreal.Blaise,Kraft, and Terry Tha Rapman trade bars in a freestyle session on "Down"where Kraft struggled to keep up witj the Beasting Lyriscists with Terry the Rapman on a ridiculous flow boosting anticipation for his B.A.N.S ( Boys are not Smiling.)."Love Jones" has mode going back to the love zone,the Album version of "Comedy Money" with additional vocals by Okey Bakassi is also another Nerve Racking Joint,and sounds totally new,"Soul to Keep"sees mode suprising his fans once more with a Spiritual track shouting out The Rooftop MC's,
The :Highest point of the Album in my opinion is the Big Foot produced "Tale of the Pots" where Mode displays Another Hidden Skill("Ogun Isoye"' , A Hero comes Home) and tells a Morally uplifting story that is bound to teach every listener a lesson.The album is packed with a lot of Modenine tracks bound to keep every Avid Hip-hop listener spell-bound all through the 22 track journey,but I must say that. The greatest shocker on the Album is the Absence of the much anticipated "Deathblow 2" which is hailed in some quarters but also criticized in some but overall Da Vinci Mode is another Collectors item,and belongs right in the Laptop,Phone,Tape. Deck,MP3 Players and I-Pod of every real Hip-Hop Head.I must say Mode has added another master piece,redefined his style( two verse joints,and southern bounce beats).This is definitely better than his last effort,but not a classic.Not just Yet.

Meyer Lansky scores this an almost classic 8.5/10

Sidenote:-I hate this line "follow me blindly like stevie wonders Twitter Page"

THE FADAFUCKKA MOVEMENT

#nowplaying okokomaiko-Modenine

Still Anticipating :-MI -MI2,
Ruggedman- Untitled
Sauce Kid -African American
Vector-ive forgotten
ice Prince-i dunno
B-Elect-True Thorobred
Str8buttah- All works
Re: Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review by kaypumpin2(m): 12:38am On Apr 12, 2010
Sidenote:-I hate this line "follow me blindly like stevie wonders Twitter Page"
Why do i feel what he said is,follow me blindly like Stevie Wonder on my twitter page undecided Makes more sense this way i think.

I am yet to listen extremely well to the album thus can't give a detailed review.A quick one though. . .

This album proved that Mode has really improved on his delivery and breathe control.Rap Messiah and My life are my favourite track and his delivery on those tracks is top draw.
While anyone who prefers Mode's old self may see a deviation they are not cool with(in terms of choice of beat and themes),i feel good videos for is this what you want and we dey vex will go a long way in helping in the sales of this album.

BTW,what was it about this album that Rugged said was all about him on FB?
Re: Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review by kashmo: 2:40am On Apr 12, 2010
Who the heck is Meyer Lansky?! So he rose from the dead to review 9's work shocked
Re: Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review by Mobinga: 5:38am On Apr 12, 2010
That google gaga line was the ish.
"atomic no 47, i'm A Gee"
thats probably one of the best lines.
Taking comedy money he said
'i'll leave it ugly like omobaba's face'
But rhyme tight was like the best there, but which way THE PARADIGM SHIFT was better.
I really expected tracks like
'the game needs me' or ' a hero comes home'.
Re: Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review by allboyz(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2010
Mode 9 kiss
Re: Da Vinci Mode Exclusive Album Review by malcolmx: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2010
Nice review Meyer and tavarez. I wanted to be the first to review the album online but i cant even find the album in my city-enugu. The downside of the album'll be the missing Deathblow Part2.
Whats up with that ", for those who want to die" line. This is how it starts, subliminals and then its full blown beef.
Permit me to paste this review on my blog www.realhiphopng..com
Nice job.

(1) (Reply)

Naija English Rap Vs Igbo Or Yoruba Rap, Which Do You Prefer? / Top Naija Music Awards 2014 / B-red Ft. Phyno - Iwotago Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.