Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop (408 Views)

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies / One Of The Most Absurd Xtian Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by Melison(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
Its getting out of hand pls
Ah its nt Christmas again its Xmas
Not Christian again but xtian
And even in religious studies its gone to xtian religious studies
What is this world turning into?
Pls Christ's name can't be changed
Its #CHRISTIANITY
#CHRISTIAN
# CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES ETC BIKONU!!
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by Sturmbannfuhrer: 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2018
Pronounced as or written as? I've never heard people say "xtian" and Christ is not complaining, so what is the fuss?
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by peeps4u: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
Guy, you wanna fight for God? dont become an extremist. Let God fight for himself if it is offensive
As for me, I dont think writing Christian as xtian has big deal, not that x is evil itseld, both "chris" and "x" in Christian and xtian respectively are mere letters.
What would you do if a certain language actually has a spelling as "Xtian"? Does it reduce God?

Stop this ugly mentality which breeds extremism and makes some people kill defending their God.

Stay blessed
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by Melison(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2018
No one is defending God sir,m just making a point that's all and u re free to say ur mind too
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by festwiz(m): 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2018
X is an abbrevation of the greek's name for your christ which is Xplotos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Always research/ask questions before forming an opinion.
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by peeps4u: 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
Yap, since anyone is free to ,make a point as you are just doing, I also thjink anyone is free to write Christian or xtian as he pleases, you can write yours as Christian while anyone that chooses to write otherwise does his own, no need complaining about it. Does God complain?

Like I said, all are mere alphabetical letters to write words for comprehension, nothing much. I believe if anyone sees xtian or christian, he knows what it means, that is the main motive.

Stay blessed
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by peeps4u: 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2018
festwiz:
X is an abbrevation of the greek's name for your christ which is Xplotos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Always research/ask questions before forming an opinion.

Thanks for further enlightenment. This may seem trivial to us but this is how we breed hatred and kill other in the name of religious. We have to keep lecturing people like OP who despise others on religious basis
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by Melison(m): 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2018
peeps4u:

Thanks for further enlightenment. This may seem trivial to us but this is how we breed hatred and kill other in the name of religious. We have to keep lecturing people like OP who despise others on religious basis
Who is spreading hate here sir??
I didn't mention any other religion either
And am nt referring to any set of people either
So pls check what u write before posting
Re: I Seriously Think Pronounciation Of Christian As Xtian Should Stop by peeps4u: 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2018
Your countenance and post is all obvious. why are you uncomfortable with how anyone writes Christ? Why did you find it offensive and demanding it be stopped?
That is how is nursed until it grows.

Just leave anyone alone and write as he pleases, let God fight for himself.

(1) (Reply)

Dreams That Defiles. / God Wants To Use You / Dear Most Honourable Mod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.