Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,748 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:02 AM

"Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude (41251 Views)

Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude / Pastor Osinbajo, Sue Jackson Ude, Leave IGP Out Of This - Reno Omokri / 'Lauretta Onochie Beaten In Delta State' - Jackson Ude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by freeze001(f): 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
Moukandjo:
These Kanu descendants are funny! You're majoring on someone saying Obama is or isn't a Kenyan, hence missing the point! Y'all claim it's in Nigeria's constitution that Nigerians with dual citizenship aren't allowed to hold public offices! Anyways, it's no surprise to hear such crap from the ever-lying, unintelligent, ever-deluded IPIGs!

The position of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and judicial pronouncements on the matter are very clear, instantly recognizable and have been unswerving in that- holding dual citizenship of Nigeria and another country will not serve as a bar to dual citizenship holder from contesting and/or holding elective post in Nigeria, but with a rider: PROVIDED that the individual holding the dual citizenship acquired his/her Nigerian nationality by BIRTH! Now the question should be: was the new NIA DG born in Nigeria? The answer is definitely YES!!!

Now let's even assume the IPIGs are right about the dual citizenship crap: Then why didn't you remind us when Ebelemi Jonathan appointed Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, who holds dual citizenship of Nigeria & the US as the minister of finance, & a freaking coordinating minister of the economy? You see how hypocritical these IPIGs are!

Actually, he was born in Chad and had his primary and secondary education there.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by larryUG(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
LionDeLeo:
When the relentless noise of him being a fulani did not yield any results, it is the duality of his citizenship that is now the latest grin cheesy

And one with dual citizenship cannot be appointed as NIA?

I can't remember when Barrack Obama denounced his Kenyan citizenship.
Obama was never a kenyan citizen. He was born in hawaii buh his parents are from kenya. If u hold dual nationality, u can't be POTUS. Just verify. He never had a kenyan passport buh he acknowledged kenya as being part of his roots
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by EBUBS(m): 2:23pm On Jan 14, 2018
magzey:
Just like CowNu ,� what is wrong with dual citizenship . the poster also has dual citizenship ask me and I will tell you grin angry grin grin
lol. What poster has a dual citizenship.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by tbliss22(m): 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
mysteriousman:
Its a shsme, he failed promotion exam and still got appointed again. Nigeria is not moving forward cos most of its qualified brains are not given jobs they deserve to fully put their capacity into use for national development

I will be happy if the entire civil service staffs sit for exams just the way El rufai did in Kaduna for his teachers, you will be amazed the number that will fail woefully......

So many staffs of different directorate are actually not supposed to be there in the first place. Some weeks ago, I was chocked to my bone when a senior NAFDAC staff couldn't write his own name correctly during a promotional exam.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Moukandjo: 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
freeze001:

Actually, he was born in Chad and had his primary and secondary education there.
You got the crappy news from the same source that told you Yusuf Buhari had been flown to Germany long ago, right? Isn't it the same source that claims he failed promotion exams twice without any credible evidence? We're not all IPIGs who can't discern news from propaganda, you know! They also told you Jibrin is disguising as Nigeria's president in place of the "dead" Buhari, & you believed! Wetin come remain wey them go tell you wey you no go believe, stúpid or not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by madridsta007(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
Shikena:

This is incorrect and has been tested severally in the court of law.
*Pls don't confuse your personal 'thoughts' with the constitution and laws of the land.

“Tested severally in the court of the law...”
Another personal thought of yours.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Bizibi(m): 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2018
Moukandjo:
These Kanu descendants are funny! You're majoring on someone saying Obama is or isn't a Kenyan, hence missing the point! Y'all claim it's in Nigeria's constitution that Nigerians with dual citizenship aren't allowed to hold public offices! Anyways, it's no surprise to hear such crap from the ever-lying, unintelligent, ever-deluded IPIGs!

The position of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and judicial pronouncements on the matter are very clear, instantly recognizable and have been unswerving in that- holding dual citizenship of Nigeria and another country will not serve as a bar to dual citizenship holder from contesting and/or holding elective post in Nigeria, but with a rider: PROVIDED that the individual holding the dual citizenship acquired his/her Nigerian nationality by BIRTH! Now the question should be: was the new NIA DG born in Nigeria? The answer is definitely YES!!!

Now let's even assume the IPIGs are right about the dual citizenship crap: Then why didn't you remind us when Ebelemi Jonathan appointed Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, who holds dual citizenship of Nigeria & the US as the minister of finance, & a freaking coordinating minister of the economy? You see how hypocritical these IPIGs are!
OK,will the u.s president appoint a person with dual citizenship(both u.s and russia)to head their intelligence agency......
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by VULCAN(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2018
You don't lie on your bed and discuss international law without researching facts. Pls read the following and be properly schooled

The Kenyan Constitution prohibits dual citizenship for adults. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya’s Constitution specifies that at age 23, Kenyan citizens who possesses citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.

LionDeLeo:
When the relentless noise of him being a fulani did not yield any results, it is the duality of his citizenship that is now the latest grin cheesy

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Princedapace(m): 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
GMBuhari:

I don't get it, Buhari is appointing those he trusts why is that a problem? You simply believe that by having Northerners head posts in Nigeria it means there will be bias and that's the general problem with you people

When Jonathan filled his cabinets and appointment with his brothers nobody complained of islamization

bro... pls, go and check security heads under GEJ and come back. I am talking about sensitive positions. If there was nothing wrong with a president appointing solely from his region, there wouldnt av been need for federal character. This sort of thing causes havoc. Everyone is saying it. There are APC members from other regions, he can get trust there. Nigeria is a sensitive country bro. Fear of ethnic domination was one of the reasons for the first civil war. What we are saying here is that he should balance appointment. This is not federal republic of Northern Nigeria.. This is federal republic of Nigeria. And pls, not everyone who critize Buhari is a fan of GEJ. I am not a fan of any politician becus they av all failed. I heavily criticized GEJ too during his time. If u think im lying, I can show u my posts on social media way back 2014.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by ICANOFFICE: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
Barack Obama does not hold dual citizenship. In fact, the Kenyan constitution does not allow for dual citizenship. Ditto for the American Constitution, it does not allow for anyone who wants to occupy the oval office to hold dual citizenship. That was why Senator Ted Cruz had to renounce his Canadian citizenship when he was contesting the republican party nomination. Most Countries in the world do not allow political office holders to hold dual citizenship because of divided loyalty and conflict of interests. The Nigerian constitution also has a provision barring people with dual citizenship from holding political offices, but we don't follow this law just as we violate all other laws of the land.

Regarding the appointee into office of NIA DG holding dual citizenship...I think we should be looking at the larger issues of nationality versus ethnicity. Africa as a continent suffers from this phenomenon which was caused by the colonial masters, this way they partitioned the continent. Apparently, Africa and the different countries have refused to integrate to the extent which national interests overrides ethic considerations.

The PMB government since inception has shown it's hands that it favours hausa-fulani ethnic hegemony and domination over any other national considerations. The implication of this is that it sends a message to all of us that nothing binds us together. The contraction called Nigeria only exists as a vehicle to promote agenda of whatever ethnic group in Power. This is why proponents of restructuring have a superior argument.

The current political cum economic structure of Nigeria requires leaders who are nationalists and see the entire country as their constituency. If God delivers us from the current administration, never should we ever elect tribalist and ethic bigot.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Ragnorak: 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
Where does his loyalty lie?
Is he capable to carry out these duties excellently?

These are important questions raised by this revelation we should get answers to
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by einsteine(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
LionDeLeo:

And the office of the president is not classified, abi?

Pls remind me when Barrack Obama denounced his Kenyan citizenship thereby having undivided loyalty.

Had Ahmed Abubakar ever worked with NIA in top ranking position even prior to the coming of Bubu?

Don't be a fool.

Barack Obama was at no point in his life a Kenyan citizen. You can't be a dual citizen and be the president of America.

If the claim in the OP is true, then it's sad. How can a person with confused loyalty head the topmost intelligence apparatus of Nigeria?
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Xtopher123(m): 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
royalamour:

You know nothing.

He's like John Snow.. He Knows absolutely Nothing..
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Xtopher123(m): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2018
Moukandjo:

The position of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and judicial pronouncements on the matter are very clear, instantly recognizable and have been unswerving in that- holding dual citizenship of Nigeria and another country will not serve as a bar to dual citizenship holder from contesting and/or holding elective post in Nigeria, but with a rider: PROVIDED that the individual holding the dual citizenship acquired his/her Nigerian nationality by BIRTH! Now the question should be: was the new NIA DG born in Nigeria? The answer is definitely YES NO

He was not born in Nigeria but Chad.. Read and understand before typing jargons..

For the fact that we made the mistake before means we should continue making it..? Sometimes I wonder how you people make senseless comparisons.. It tells a lot about your educational background..

Nigerians voted for a change and so commiting the exact same crime the previous Administration did is not acceptable.. Stop being a Shithole

1 Like

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Angelawhite(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
Ngeneukwuenu
Sarrki
Omenkalives
Madridguy
The cow farmer has done it again
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by jamjo: 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Barrack Obama doesn't have Kenyan passport.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Sunsets: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
LionDeLeo:

brains like yours are what we should deflate in Nigeria. Your brain contains inert gases especially argon. Was Obama a Kenyan? Did he at any time hold a Kenyan passport? You shithole sympathizers.

2 Likes

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by madridguy(m): 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
Which kind wahala be this? Most you mention us?

Angelawhite:
Ngeneukwuenu
Sarrki
Omenkalives
Madridguy
The cow farmer has done it again
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by jaytee01(m): 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Pls, can you tell me where it is stated in the Nigerian constitution that you must be a legitimate holder of ONLY Nigerian passport before you can be appointed as NIA?

I'm willing to learn, biko.
My friend don't be stupi-d.
Where in the whole world has ANY country allowed people with dual citizenship or loyalties to head sensitive intelligence organisations.It is a matter of national security. Don't play politics with every issue.

1 Like

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Spidermon: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
plusfield:

That office is a highly classified one and shouldnt be controlled by someone whose loyalty is divided to eliminate the chances of treason and espionage. In the course of his duties, intelligence reports and secrets regarding chad may come up within the outfit, is it safe with him?

You shouldnt have bothered explaining. Anyone with a working brain should understand why a supposedly high security agency like NIA shouldn't have that man as head with all that has been stated.
Nigeria is now the world's laughing stock

1 Like

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Awoo88: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Obama was Nevers a citizen of Kenya.
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Moukandjo: 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
Xtopher123:

He was not born in Nigeria but Chad.. Read and understand before typing jargons..

For the fact that we made the mistake before means we should continue making it..? Sometimes I wonder how you people make senseless comparisons.. It tells a lot about your educational background..

Nigerians voted for a change and so commiting the exact same crime the previous Administration did is not acceptable.. Stop being a Shithole
Ode, where did you get the FACT that he was born in Chad from? Because a nonentity said crap on Twitter means it's true? If you block heads can believe Jibrin from Sudan is our president since Buhari is "dead," then wetin else I wan talk? By the way, quit that "that's why we voted for change" crap that you silly IPIGs always yarn! If you knew things were not being done right by Jonathan, why were you then disturbing us with "GEJ till 2019" crap? Stop being hypocrites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Xtopher123(m): 3:13am On Jan 15, 2018
Moukandjo:

Ode, where did you get the FACT that he was born in Chad from? Because a nonentity said crap on Twitter means it's true? If you block heads can believe Jibrin from Sudan is our president since Buhari is "dead," then wetin else I wan talk? By the way, quit that "that's why we voted for change" crap that you silly IPIGs always yarn! If you knew things were not being done right by Jonathan, why were you then disturbing us with "GEJ till 2019" crap? Stop being hypocrites!

Like I always say, if you don't have sense come, out of abundance I'll give you from mine.. And that's because it's free..

I won't waste my time typing or quoting the source of my Info.. No I can't waste MB on what's there for everyone to see..

So anybody that tends to speak the truth against this Government is an IPOB member..? Can't believe you could be this daft.. No apologies

For The bolded, If you can't question this administration for this very reason then you've got no business discussing Nigerian Politics at this very moment maybe In future after acquiring the necessary requirements to that you can then come and have a conversation...

Lastly, from the way you talk I already know your educational background, I mean it's glaring..
Re: "Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG Has Dual Citizenship" - Jackson Ude by Moukandjo: 6:45am On Jan 15, 2018
Xtopher123:

Like I always say, if you don't have sense come, out of abundance I'll give you from mine.. And that's because it's free..

I won't waste my time typing or quoting the source of my Info.. No I can't waste MB on what's there for everyone to see..

So anybody that tends to speak the truth against this Government is an IPOB member..? Can't believe you could be this daft.. No apologies

For The bolded, If you can't question this administration for this very reason then you've got no business discussing Nigerian Politics at this very moment maybe In future after acquiring the necessary requirements to that you can then come and have a conversation...

Lastly, from the way you talk I already know your educational background, I mean it's glaring..

It's really funny when an IPIG calls people daft when it is clear you're the stvpidest & most unintelligent (especially emotionally) peeps ever! Quote source, the block head says he won't waste his time doing that, & the reason is simple: There's no credible source you can share here; you know you would be roasted even more if you do! But one thing I'll give to you is that even though you're naturally dumb as can be deduced from your unintelligent comments, you were not dumb enough to quote the source of your info because you know it isn't credible!
Lastly, if you were smart enough, you would understand my point about questioning the government on issues. Tell a smarter person to read that part of my comment & explain it to you; I don't have power for that now, bro!
Cheers, bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of River State Governor-elect? / Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS / What Saraki, Dogara Told Buhari About Dino Melaye’s Travail, 2018 Budget - READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.