Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org (594 Views)

Jw.org: 100 Years Of Failed Prophecies. / Is There Proof The Holy Spirit Has Left Jw.org / Video Recording With 2 JW Elders After WT Child Sexual Abuse Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org by janefarms2015: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
What Does the Bible Say About Euthanasia

The Bible’s answer
The Bible does not specifically discuss euthanasia. * However, what it does say about life and death offers a balanced perspective. Causing death is unacceptable, but there is no requirement to go to desperate lengths to prolong life during the dying process.

The Bible identifies God as our Creator, “the source of life.” (Psalm 36:9; Acts 17:28) In God’s eyes, life is very precious. For this reason, God condemns both taking the life of another and taking one’s own life. (Exodus 20:13; 1 John 3:​15) Additionally, the Bible indicates that we should take reasonable precautions to protect our own life and the lives of others. (Deuteronomy 22:cool Clearly, God wants us to value the gift of life.

What if a person is terminally ill?
The Bible does not condone taking someone’s life even when the person is facing an imminent and unavoidable death. The example of King Saul of Israel supports this. When he was mortally wounded in battle, he asked his attendant to help end his life. (1 Samuel 31:​3, 4) Saul’s attendant refused. However, another man later falsely claimed to have fulfilled Saul’s wish. This man was condemned as bloodguilty by David​—a person who reflected God’s thinking on the matter.​—2 Samuel 1:​6-​16.

Must life be prolonged at all costs?
When death is clearly imminent, the Bible does not require extending the dying process. Rather, the Bible offers a balanced view. Death is our great enemy, the consequence of our sinful condition. (Romans 5:​12; 1 Corinthians 15:26) While not to be longed for, death need not be feared, because God promises to resurrect those who die. (John 6:​39, 40) A person who shows respect for life would seek the best medical care available. Yet, doing so does not require choosing medical procedures that simply prolong a dying process that is nearly complete.

Is suicide an unforgivable sin?
No, the Bible does not list suicide as an unforgivable sin. Even though taking one’s own life is a serious sin, * God fully understands factors such as mental illness, extreme stress, or even genetic traits that may lead to suicidal urges. (Psalm 103:13, 14) Through the Bible, he provides comfort to those in distress. In addition, the Bible says that there will be “a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) This shows that there is hope of a resurrection for people who have made serious mistakes, such as having committed suicide.

What about pet euthanasia?
Pet euthanasia differs greatly from human euthanasia. While God gives humans the hope of living forever, this is not the case for animals. (Romans 6:​23; 2 Peter 2:​12) Although the Bible condemns treating animals cruelly, it does give men authority over animals’ lives. (Genesis 9:3) Since God expects us to care for animals mercifully, it is a pet owner’s responsibility to decide on the most humane way to treat an animal, which may include choosing death for one that is suffering.​—Proverbs 12:10.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org by Leverageisback(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
Ew jws suck
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org by milkymesh: 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2018
Would you like to address the topic rather making irrelevant and childish statement.

Leverageisback:
Ew jws suck

I.G.N.O.R.A.N.C.E

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org by Leverageisback(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
milkymesh:
Would you like to address the topic rather making irrelevant and childish statement.

I.G.N.O.R.A.N.C.E
Nope because all jw doctrines are false or edited, they are self righteous and operate like a f*cking cult and don't get me started on their hypocrisy, I know a lot of 419ners who are jws not to mention the jw p*ssy wey I don't chop for this life
So no I won't contribute to the words of a liar if you think that's childish guess what? I don't give a sh*t
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org by milkymesh: 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
I see. Nothing upstairs. You can't even hold a reasonable argument. I'm sure you believe the bible because you were told to do so.
You are a fucking slave to a Middle Eastern Deity.

Leverageisback:

Nope because all jw doctrines are false or edited, they are self righteous and operate like a f*cking cult and don't get me started on their hypocrisy, I know a lot of 419ners who are jws not to mention the jw p*ssy wey I don't chop for this life
So no I won't contribute to the words of a liar if you think that's childish guess what? I don't give a sh*t

(1) (Reply)

Kunle Ajayi: I ’d Have Been Irrelevant If Not For My Talent / Nigerian Pastor Based In Germany Shows What It Takes To Survive Out There / Scientific Paper Credits 'The Creator' For Human Hand Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.