Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,636 members, 7,851,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

Actress Funke Akindele's Name Removed From "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDB Page - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Funke Akindele's Name Removed From "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDB Page (590 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's Name Removed From Avengers: Infinity War's Cast / Daddy Freeze, Tonto Dikeh React To Funke Akindele's Name Removal From Avengers / Why Funke Akindele's Name Was Removed From Casting Of “avengers: Infinity War” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actress Funke Akindele's Name Removed From "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDB Page by inspire700(m): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2018
Funke Akindele’s name has been removed from "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDb page.
On Saturday, January 13, 2017, Akindele's name no longer appeared on the Marvel Comicsmovie's IMDb page. Avengers: Infinity War also does not appear on the actress' IMDb page as well.
This sudden development is coming a few days after the Internet went wild when Nigerians 'discovered' that the Nollywood actress was listed among the full cast of the movie on IMDb.
In 2013, this below fake poster of Funke Akindele in a mock version of the Avengers went viral on social mediaplay

The actress was listed as a member of Dora Milaje, the personal bodyguards of the Black Panther, recruited from every tribe of Wakanda. Her IMDb page had also listed the movie as one of the films the actress has appeared in.
Pulse Media reportedly reached out to Akindele and her publicist for a statement on the trending story but got no response. Also, the actress neither confirmed or denied the story via any of her social media platforms.

Akindele was initially listed alongside other cast of the movies, including Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr, Scarlet Johannson among others.
"Avengers: Infinity War" is the most anticipated film of 2018, and assembles all superheroes in the Marvel cinematic universe.
The 1st trailer for the movie became the most-viewed trailer debut ever, with over 230 million views in its first 24 hours.
Reactions to the removal of Akindele's name from "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDB Page
22h

Below are some Nigerian twitter users reactions to the news of her name being removed

Noah Tsika
@NoahTsika

For my @TNSnigeria column, I wrote a bit about the efforts of Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures to appeal to Nigerian audiences.

Noah Tsika
@NoahTsika

UPDATE: Funke Akindele’s name has been removed from the film’s IMDb page. Was this studio-engineered “fake news” designed to drum up interest in the film among Nigerian audiences?

John Francis Udosen
@Nightkrawl

I knew it when funke Akindele did not acknowledge the receipt of your appreciation tweets towards her inclusion in the avengers that something was amiss.

peng ting �
@Anthonia__F

lol people are saying they removed funke akindele's name from the cast when she was never even a cast in the movie

Grand Maester
@wagesgendon

Can't believe some Nigerians are happy Funke Akindele's name was reportedly removed from Avengers: Infinity War cast.

Oris
@_Ortodox

It's funny some of you were so happy funke akindele's name was removed from avengers cast. Like we're from another country and we're beefing Nigerians or something. Why so happy tho?

Inamorata
@_Ayoteee

Conspiracy theory,
Bubu bribed Imdb to put Funke Akindele up so that Nigerians would forget the Fulani herdsmen killings.��

Funke Akindele is one of Nigeria's finest actresses. With a career that has spanned two decades, Akindele has many hit movies in her filmography.
Nollywood movies turning 10 in 2018play
Jenifa was produced by Funke Akindele, and is turning 10 this 2018
In 2008, she released her biggest movie yet, "Jenifa," the humorous tale of a village girl with ambitious dreams and funny mannerisms.
The hit movie produced a successful sequel and a TV series that is still ongoing.

SOURCE: http://www.gistparkmedia.com/2018/01/how-actress-funke-akindeles-name-got.html

Re: Actress Funke Akindele's Name Removed From "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDB Page by inspire700(m): 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Fynestboi, Missyb3
Re: Actress Funke Akindele's Name Removed From "Avengers: Infinity War" IMDB Page by Ayoemrys(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
This Is Bad News

(1) (Reply)

"I Was Drunk When I Said I Am Better Than Lil Kesh, He's My Boss" Reekado Banks / Reason Why Funke Akindele’s Name Was Removed From “avengers: Infinity Wars Movie / Kanye West And Kim Kardashian Welcome Third Baby Via Surrogate Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.