Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 (519 Views)

Best Nairaland Thread For 2018 / Facebook Announces Focus Areas For 2018, Users To See Less Public Content / Mark Zuckerberg Says His Goal For 2018 Is To ‘fix’ Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by jetroolowole(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
Mark Zuckerberg announced some days ago (January 12, 2018) that one of his big focus areas for 2018 is making sure the time we all spend on Facebook is time well spent. Inline with this, Facebook is making major changes to it's news feed policy. Here are top 7 changes to expect amid this change in policy.

1. Posts with more meaningful social interactions will appear more in news feed. So, you must learn the art of creating interacting posts.

2. News from Friends, Family and Groups will appear more in news feed. Guess you can now connect more with family and friends.

3. There will be less public content from businesses, brands and media. Sorry if you have spent a lot of money building your page. Guess you have to spend more to reach your audience. Not fair though.

4. Public content should encourage meaningful interactions. This is especially noteworthy for page owners and medias.

5. Many tight-knit community i.e. TV shows, sport team will get more share of news feed. Why not start building one now!

6. Live video will get more share of news feed against regular ones. So, it's time to get a good phone and go live. Guess you have to learn the art of public speaking.

7. News that help start conversation on important issues will get more share of the news feed. Creativity all the way.

These are the expected major changes and I am already adjusting my social campaign for 2018 to be inline with this policy change. One best way to get started is to appraise your friends list.

How will this policy changes affect your use of Facebook. Let's discuss.
Re: Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by Kalashnikov102(m): 4:46pm On Jan 14, 2018
Oshe
Re: Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by jetroolowole(m): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
Re: Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by henryobinna(m): 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2018
Too bad, I spents tens of thousands of naira om fb ads to grow my pages to a larger fan base, now Makr wants me to pay more just to reach my supposed fans.

this is in a bid to skyrocket the prices of fb ads.

Too bad Mark doesn't givea horse sh"t about what business owners feel, despite giving him our money
Re: Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by jetroolowole(m): 4:36am On Jan 15, 2018
henryobinna:
Too bad, I spents tens of thousands of naira om fb ads to grow my pages to a larger fan base, now Makr wants me to pay more just to reach my supposed fans.

this is in a bid to skyrocket the prices of fb ads.

Too bad Mark doesn't givea horse sh"t about what business owners feel, despite giving him our money
Mark is smart and is trying to keep a grip hold on both the publishers and advertisers
Re: Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by Webman007: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2018
Just one thing is constant ....Change....
Re: Top 7 Changes To Expect Amidst Facebook Policy Change For 2018 by jetroolowole(m): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2018
Webman007:
Just one thing is constant ....Change....
I am sure there are more changes in stock

(1) (Reply)

5 Disadvantages Of Google's Two Factor Authentication / Best Laptop With Long Lasting Battery To Purchase For 80k - 90k / Layered Navigation Extension For Magento 2 Ecommerce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.