Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria (42672 Views)

The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Biety: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2018
7lives:

Otokoto na pikin na, their baba na Okija shrine.
As in dead bodies everywhere, and dem say na Okija juju kill all the corpses in that shrine.
That region is most babaric place on earth.
you are verry correct.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by galaxee: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2018
You are lying, OFFA should be amongst them if not then there's still omitted popular city in Yoruba land.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2018
ipodstinks:
Hehehehe, Lagos a bini land suddenly become no man's land. According to iPob bureau de statistic. Typical pained ipob.

IPOB politicians are already in the federal house of reps, state house of assembly n local government chairmen respectively in the no man's land. We are winning elections in the no man's land. On a few decades, Igbos will win most seats in Lagos elections.
Live wit it or face high BP. grin.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Probz(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2018
thesicilian:
Are the Yoruba cities up to ten? Apart from Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta, all the other ones there are just 'towns'.

And on our own side what do we have outside Enugu and Owerri?

Abiriba? Abakaliki?
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by dreamworld: 8:35am On Jan 15, 2018
ipodstinks:
Who doesn't know Lagos is part of igboland grin grin
Who doesn't know u are a land grabbing Yoruba Muslim skull miner from oshogbo

Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by omoiyamayor(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2018
thesicilian:

Why did you assume I'm Igbo?!
if you are not then I assume you mingle too much,lol those guys are virus
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by thesicilian: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2018
omoiyamayor:
if you are not then I assume you mingle too much,lol those guys are virus
Another assumption on top of the previous one. Lol.
But this time you're right, I mingle with both Igbos and Yoruba. It's only the northerners I don't understand.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 10:05am On Jan 15, 2018
wasiudvd:

I don't get your point.
You said Awori town called otta- you mean Awori people are not Yoruba?
Or you mean he should have separate Sango and Otta?

My last line went thus; "...Sango is thus only a ward or borough or section of Ota and not a compound name for the town."

I believe that this answers your enquiry that my primary concern is about the correct name for the town.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
dreamworld:

The way your hediotic father is claiming Lagos state,
Lagos is not Yoruba city period, it seems that is your first time of hearing that,,
who own Lagos? u need to ask ur Igbo elders..even d binis has never said Lagos is their land..what's now d problem of you homeless pigs? cause any kiosk in Lagos, Igbo's will be the first set to be kicked out.

We have done it in d past and we shall continue on that path as a result of ur greediness and land grabbing tendency from fools like you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by ipodstinks: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2018
dreamworld:

Who doesn't know u are a land grabbing Yoruba Muslim skull miner from oshogbo
Lagos is in alaigbo, it was established by ojukwu grin, human eater from awka grin
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Ollyt75(m): 10:54am On Jan 15, 2018
redsun:
Lagos is a Nigerian city not Yoruba. The primitive nature of Nigeria is the the reason why only Yorubas seem to be at the helm of admistrative in lagosat the moment. If you will be alive in fifty year's time and Nigeria still remain one,it will be a different ball game. Because then all the kparakpo(native language) will be a thing of past and it will be a case of whose English confuses the people more.

Lol..Bro keep dreaming...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by ipodstinks: 10:55am On Jan 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:

IPOB politicians are already in the federal house of reps, state house of assembly n local government chairmen respectively in the no man's land. We are winning elections in the no man's land. On a few decades, Igbos will win most seats in Lagos elections.
Live wit it or face high BP. grin.
grin, Show me the same picture you people have been showing for the last two years now. Same picture, same person. We were all here when one of your sisters came lamenting here that her husband was told to go back to alaigbo to contest, that this is Lagos, this is Yoruba land. Una just start. grin
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by AceDomino(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2018
thesicilian:

You want to attack where I'm from? That amounts to committing the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem.

Attack ke? I don't attack people for no reason because I'm neither Don wanny nor Abubakar shekau...
Let love lead the way joor
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 15, 2018
ipodstinks:
grin, Show me the same picture you people have been showing for the last two years now. Same picture, same person. We were all here when one of your sisters came lamenting here that her husband was told to go back to alaigbo to contest, that this is Lagos, this is Yoruba land. Una just start. grin
lmao.
I don't understand what u mean by showing picture, but one thing remains Fact.......Igbos are presently winning elections in the no man's land. While in eastern Nigeria, No single yoruba man has never won a councillor election.

U have no reply to that, deal with it. grin
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Opexzy: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
redsun:
Lagos is a Nigerian city not Yoruba. The primitive nature of Nigeria is the the reason why only Yorubas seem to be at the helm of admistrative in lagosat the moment. If you will be alive in fifty year's time and Nigeria still remain one,it will be a different ball game. Because then all the kparakpo(native language) will be a thing of past and it will be a case of whose English confuses the people more.

So what if the shithole called "Nigeria" doesn't exist by then? I guess you have to cry like a baby and live the rest of your life in regret and shame.
Now lemme school you ignoramus. Arnold an Austrian immigrant was governor of California for 8 years and California was never regarded or even claimed by Austrians. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and one day a non indigene will become a governor and if Jesus tarry then a foreigner might even become one.. That is one of the rare features of a cosmopolitan city. And do you know what does set of people will be referred to? they will be referred to as "blablah Yorubian". Blablah stands for the name of whatever shithole you came from just like Nigerian American etc. Meaning you will. Adopt the youruba as your first or last name before all this can take place.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by ipodstinks: 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:
lmao.
I don't understand what u mean by showing picture, but one thing remains Fact.......Igbos are presently winning elections in the no man's land. While in eastern Nigeria, No single yoruba man has never won a councillor election.

U have no reply to that, deal with it. grin
Igbo ko, riko ni. Next election will be sweet mehn. Your sister's cry here will be a child's play. Our gentility is long over. We do not need any political post in a barren region. Have you seen American going to Kenya to contest for any post before, na, na na. But Obama won in America because they do not care then but the moment tgey care, what happened to the kenya man, he was sent out. Wait for next election, i will be smiling at your wailing here. Beside, is lagos not bini land again? grin
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
ipodstinks:
Igbo ko, riko ni. Next election will be sweet mehn. Your sister's cry here will be a child's play. Our gentility is long over. We do not need any political post in a barren region. Have you seen American going to Kenya to contest for any post before, na, na na. But Obama won in America because they do not care then but the moment tgey care, what happened to the kenya man, he was sent out. Wait for next election, i will be smiling at your wailing here. Beside, is lagos not bini land again? grin

Lagos is presently a no man's land..........Yoruba language is not the language spoken in Lagos.

And finally pls be waiting for next election while we rock federal n state reps in Lagos grin.

Hold ur epistle till then. grin
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by ipodstinks: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Lagos is presently a no man's land..........Yoruba language is not the language spoken in Lagos.

And finally pls be waiting for next election while we rock federal n state reps in Lagos grin.

Hold ur epistle till then. grin
grin, Presently a no man's land. But before, it was bini land abi cheesy, So what land will it be in the nearest future grin

Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2018
ipodstinks:
grin, Presently a no man's land. But before, it was bini land abi cheesy, So what land will it be in the nearest future grin

It would depend on the tribe that buys the most acres of land...grin.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by drsmith1(m): 10:01am On Jan 16, 2018
There is no such description of a geographical location as "No Man's Land" not to talk of a historical place like Eko( Lagos). No matter how small a region may appear, there will be historical evidence of the first set of people domiciled there. The story of Eko is not complex, in fact it is easy to understand except if an individual wants to exhibit pretentious ignorance.. Records are not kept to assist the weakness of the memory, but to operate as a guide to the future such as what we have now.. The Aworis, Epe people, Ikorodu, etc but the aworis were the earliest to domicile lagos( they are also found in Ogun).. Don't forget the there are evidence to confirm that the Aworis had long been in existence as early as 16th century. They are the direct descendant of olofin, one of the son of oduduwa. They left the palace in search of their own territory. Before this time, Oduduwa had left the Benin Kingdom due to lack of acceptance and had returned to Ile ife where he had to depose Obatala. Later after years, The Benin kingdom realized their fault and recalled Oduduwa but he ignored, and instead, sent his last and most adventurous son, Oranmiyan. who later became the first Oba of Benin, Alaafin of Oyo, and the 6th ooni of ife.
The aworis led by got a spiritual guidance from Oduduwa to take a plate and domicile where ever the plate sinks..

to be cont...
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Cardozzo(m): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It would depend on the tribe that buys the most acres of land...grin.

Richest people in África......... I never see igbo man .... Na only hausa and yoruba...... So dont think you guys have money than yorubas... Just that you guys spend lavishly with no sense thats it...... Get that into ur fvcking skull
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Cardozzo:

Richest people in África......... I never see igbo man .... Na only hausa and yoruba...... So dont think you guys have money than yorubas... Just that you guys spend lavishly with no sense thats it...... Get that into ur fvcking skull

Oh, The insult section.
Have a nice day.
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
No, it is Edo territory. Period.
eallstar:

so Lagos is igbo or hausa land?
#mumu
Re: 10 Most Popular Yoruba Cities In Nigeria by xtolax: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
The Olojo festival is an annual celebration that holds in Ile-Ife, the cradle of Yoruba people. If you are making plans to attend the next edition, you can find cheap hotels in Ife that fits your budget and gives you superb service for the duration of your stay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / Caleb Obari-Mark, Missing Nigerian Student In Ukraine: Parents Cry Out / Container Ship Blocking Suez Canal Is Free After 6 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.