Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,389 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

How To Stay Motivated All Day Long And Destroy Laziness - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Stay Motivated All Day Long And Destroy Laziness (584 Views)

How To Keep Yourself Constantly Motivated All The Time / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stay Motivated All Day Long And Destroy Laziness by davidebube(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
HOW TO STAY MOTIVATED ALL DAY LONG AND DESTROY LAZINESS tongue

The main problem you face is, your conscious awareness does not last very long. You work very hard for 3days, a week or so and then roll back to the old patterns. This happen because our days are exactly the same and the
temptation of subconscious desires like Facebook and YouTube is too pleasurable and two familiar, it’s your safe space, your comfort zone, whereas the will to go on without motivation is a state of mind in which you
feel bored, drained of energy and lost.
So how do I keep going on when I don’t feel like it?
That’s the question that bothers you the most

1. Your environment is your enemy:
You mind associates your room with the image of you chilling, because that’s the most performed
activity in that space – sleeping, resting, chatting, talking with girls and friends, watching hours of
videos. This is why rich people have a separate room for studying, office work, and resting, it’s all psychological.

2. Monotony:
The fight is not against relaxing and chilling, you will do that, you need that, the fight is to find as
strong reason to work as you have for chilling and relaxing.
Think of the reason that compel you to chill, Facebook, hot pictures on Instagram, girls and the like, chatting, friendship, movies, TV shows, the list keeps going on. Now think of reasons that compel you
to work- Success, Money, Stability that come is the future as a fruit of intense hard work.
As the trigger to seek pleasure exist all around you – phone, people, girls etc. The triggers to chase your goals exist in your memory. Do you see the deficit?
Now most importantly you are from a generation of short attention span, you get bored of the same
things very quickly, do you really think that doesn’t apply to your goals and dreams as well?
Those apps selling fun and pleasure keep updating and adding new features based on what you like, to get you more addicted.
How many times as the goal in your mind updated and added new features? Not once, it has
remained the same. Your mind gets bored of the same things, it’s called over exposure, that’s why these apps change continually. You are not working because your goals aren’t producing that much incentive or excitement in you anymore, as opposed to these pleasure

3. You need to update your reasons, so your goals can dominate pleasure:
images (10).jpg
Feeling motivated is a mood; mood is built in your body by various factors: one of the strongest of them are your response to an external stimulus, two major external stimuli are experience and thought,
didn’t sound that impressive right? Keep reading!
Experience is a visual stimulus that is recorded in your memory as image of film, but the best thing about it is when you recall it, a strong experience as the fire quality of reminding you how you felt.
And that feeling can be a motivation deadly against pleasure. Let’s take some examples; Have you ever been in a place surrounded by people with the same dreams and goal as you? Maybe an event or conference, and by looking around, you felt one of this two things; either you were filled with rage in your chest that you will decimate the competition, or you were filled with doubt and worry regarding why you haven’t been working or anger and stress, both of which, are very potent motivations.

Second example, you are listening to someone who has achieved what you are working for, and they
are giving you advice telling you about their work place and all sorts of details, and while listening to them you are feeling driven and motivated, thinking about going home and working your ass off.
Environment have a powerful way of making you consciously aware of your position because they constitute both mental and visual stimuli: thought and experience.
Expose yourself to new environment constantly because your room is reminding your brain of rest, apps are billion dollar industries on how to keep you addicted, your goals are old and you don’t get any motivation from thinking about them anymore.
What you need is a new record and experience that will reignite that fire in your chest

For example, if you are after money, the environment you should be visiting could be: an expensive restaurant you can’t afford to eat in, go in there, sit for 5 minutes, tell them you’re waiting for somebody, look at the menu and observe the people around you, and then leave.
Go to the mall and look at the price tags of cloths you want to buy but cannot. GO to a car dealership of the cars you’d like to buy there is a difference between seeing one on road and standing next to a brand new one. Collect all these visual images. And ask yourself “WHO AM I?” DO people know you or are alone in telling yourself that you are edgy, brilliant and a genius…

All these will give you brand new reasons why you need to work, your ass off all day long.

I hope the article helped you in one way or the other, this isn’t the last of me, you will keep seeing me
with more and more content trying to put the fire right under your ass, come on dude, work; I believe in you

motivaton

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Motivated All Day Long And Destroy Laziness by Mioworry137(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2018
Very true, a friend of mine from the university days visited me not long ago...He had achieved some of the dreams we dreamt together and he did all that away from home...as he was sharing his experiences with me, My mind couldn't rest ...I felt I've not been doing anything ..I had to tell him how he motivated me when he was leaving Cos he really did.
The thing is that when we are too comfortable wherever we are ,we may not get motivated to try something out, Our aspirations may become unconsciously neglected. As you have said we need something to constantly (thoughts & experiences ) remind as not to get carried away.
Even if things are going good We must always try to do better .

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Motivated All Day Long And Destroy Laziness by engrrichie92(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
insightful

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Motivated All Day Long And Destroy Laziness by davidebube(m): 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2018
Mioworry137:
Very true, a friend of mine from the university days visited me not long ago...He had achieved some of the dreams we dreamt together and he did all that away from home...as he was sharing his experiences with me, My mind couldn't rest ...I felt I've not been doing anything ..I had to tell him how he motivated me when he was leaving Cos he really did.
The thing is that when we are too comfortable wherever we are ,we may not get motivated to try something out, Our aspirations may become unconsciously neglected. As you have said we need something to constantly (thoughts & experiences ) remind as not to get carried away.
Even if things are going good We must always try to do better .

Beautifully said... Thanks for sharing your experience with us

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Men Jealous Of Successful Women? / Who Should Earn More Between An HR Personnel And An HSE Personnel? / Please I Got This Message From First Bank Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.