Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

$44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials (461 Views)

I Stopped Kingibe, Abba Kyari, Rufai Abubakar From Stealing $44m- Acting D-G NIA / Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps / Another $44 Million Vanish From NIA Vaults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by odiks: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2018
No money is missing from the vaults of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) as reported in the media, senior government officials said yesterday.

The officials were responding to a report in the Daily Trust on Sunday that $44million in cash kept at NIA vaults at its headquarters in Abuja was removed to an unknown destination.

The alleged evacuation was reportedly carried out two days after Ahmed Rufa’i Abubakar was appointed as its new Director-General by President Muhammadu Buhari.

However, the officials said the National Security Adviser, who posted a Brigadier-General to Head the Finance Directorate of the NIA following the Ikoyi apartment finds, is believed to have ordered the evacuation of the money following the appointment of a new DG.

The discovery of the $43m at the Ikoyi apartment led to the removal of the then DG, Ayo Oke.

Speculation is that the NSA had tagged the money as being an exhibit in connection with the Ikoyi heist.

“What is curious to officials in the Presidency is why now? What links this money and that found in Ikoyi? Why wasn’t the money earlier than now, when the Acting DG kept it intact?”

The sources explained that the Ikoyi money would not have caused a problem if it was found in the offices of the NIA because it is not unusual for secret service organizations to keep money in hard currencies.

They said the reported $44million has been at the NIA headquarters and is known to be there.
“Why would anyone move it out now? If it has to be moved, why not to the TSA account in the CBN which the President would have liked?” they asked.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/-44m-not-missing-from-nia-s-vaults-officials.html
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by HungerBAD: 8:04am On Jan 15, 2018
Good.

Then the Country needs a very honest person like me to come over and count the money, to be sure the money is complete and very much intact.
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by Lomprico2: 8:06am On Jan 15, 2018
Una go accept b4? After all deziani never accepted $20 million was missing.
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 15, 2018
HungerBAD:
K

You want to chew your words of yesterday or you want to type another shitload of rubbish

Try yourself. I go use slap beat sense enter your head

Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by ORACLE1975(m): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2018
Okay make I watch film seasons continue
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 15, 2018
Lomprico2:
Una go accept b4? After all deziani never accepted $20 million was missing.

Nobody's denying you your right to wail but don't you think it's too early

1 Like

Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by Lomprico2: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2018
BlackAfrican:

Nobody's denying you your right to wail but don't you think it's too early

What is the correlation between what I typed and the crass stupidity you just displayed? undecided
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by kahal29: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2018
Mmmmmh
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by aolawale025: 8:45am On Jan 15, 2018
Of course. No one would admit money is missing. That's left for audit or efcc to determine
Re: $44m Not Missing From NIA’s Vaults — Officials by usba: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good.

Then the Country needs a very honest person like me to come over and count the money, to be sure the money is complete and very much intact.
Haha grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Slams Magu Over Ineffective Anti-corruption War / Why Obasanjo Blasted Buhari, APC, PDP / [BREAKING] EFCC Detains Ex-sgf, Babachir Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.