Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Diary Of A Corp Member : NYSC Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Diary Of A Corp Member : NYSC Experience (643 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' / 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Corp Member : NYSC Experience by ebenebechinedu(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
Thanks guys for waiting up..in my last post, i promised to finish up my NYSC experience.Fresh out of service, i was hungry to make a difference. loaded with tones of ideas waiting to be harvested. i did not waste much time, i started writing proposals, soliciting for funds from every source i can think of.
Met with uncles, aunties, friends and even distant relatives. Just to raise funds to startup. I was left with promises, there were never kept. yeah! along the line i got angry, disappointed and even discouraged. that kind thing. Until one day, one of my uncles gave me an appointment. You needed to see the grin in my face after i cut the call that faithful morning. i wore my best suit. equipped my mouth with the best sugar available to me...*you know what i mean*. Stepping into his office by 10am on a bright sunny Wednesday morning, i was optimistic and expectant.
Sitting patiently in his office, i waited for almost 2 hours until the last visitor left, and i was ushered in.
in his exact words..to cut the long story short, you know now before my laptop battery drains again, his first words to me was "Prosper, use what you have now and invest in your intellect,when the money is ready you will be ready" at first make i no lie, i felt like giving him a dirty slap. But *na my papa age mate na*. i just smiled, even though at the time, i did not even understand what he meant. But i was too disappointed to even start asking questions. so i just said thank you sir and smiled.

Today that singular advice from an old man, changed my life. How? yes went home thought seriously about what he said. But you know what they said about opportunity and the prepared mind. i was just strolling by an office where i went to submit my cv and came across a road side book seller. And the first book that caught my eye was a book by Sidney newton "How to Get what you Want" trust me in my shoes then, you will see same book even without looking. immediately the old mans words flashed back in my head.

i did not buy that book, but i bought one by Donald Trump "marketing 101". that was when it dawned on me that i needed to learn the things i wasn't taught in school. That first book gave rise to the library of books i acquired. and trust me when the money finally surfaced, i knew exactly what to do with it and how to do it.
My next post, i will bring us the benefits that advice brought to my startup and why you should take the same advice.

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Visits NYSC Camp Ground In Kwara Following Death Of Female Corps / Is NYSC Exclusion letter Accepted By Federal Government Establishment In Nigeria / Redeploy To Any State Of Your Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.