Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,141 members, 7,852,890 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

[BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I (728 Views)

Magu: Lockdown Won’t Abort Cases Against Patience Jonathan, 4 Ex-govs, Others / Presidency In Fresh Moves To Ease Magu Out Of Efcc / EFCC Loses Bid To Seize Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by deji17: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
[BREAKING] EFCC in fresh moves against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn found in 15 bank accounts
Published January 15, 2018

Oladimeji Ramon

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is in fresh moves to seize funds in 15 bank accounts linked to Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

The funds, which the EFCC is seeking to seize, include a total of $8,435,788.84 and over N7.35bn.

The EFCC had appeared before Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of the Federal High Court in Lagos with an ex parte application, seeking the forfeiture of the funds.

The move was, however, interrupted by a train of Senior Advocates of Nigeria led by Mr. Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN) and Mr. Mike Ozekhome (SAN), who challenged the court’s jurisdiction to entertain the ex parte application.

They told the judge that the funds, which the EFCC seeks to seize, were already a subject of litigation.

But counsel for the EFCC, Mr. Rotimi Oyedepo, maintained that the SANs had no right of hearing in the court, since his application was ex parte, wondering how they got wind of the move by the anti-graft agency.

In view of the development, the judge adjourned the case till January 23, 2018 and directed the EFCC to file an affidavit to convince it that there were no pending lawsuits relating to the funds before other courts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by diegwu01: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
The move was, however, interrupted by a train of Senior Advocates of Nigeria led by Mr. Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN) and Mr. Mike Ozekhome (SAN), who challenged the court’s jurisdiction to entertain the ex parte application.

Of course who else?

3 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by Yemea1: 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
Ok.
Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by yanshDoctor: 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
not that there is allegation where she stole the money. but the money was found in her account.

oh look like the EFCC is just waking up, they haven't heard the public outcry of 60million power bike Yusuf buhari ordered?

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by IamPatriotic(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2018
She must vomit what she illegally swallowed from our commonwealth, after the expiration of Buhari term, and if he stays alive beyond the date, he and his criminal gangs will also vomit what they're currently swallowing.

2 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by GavelSlam: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Is it that her business is no longer making sales?

She should forget this one and prove how industrious she is .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by docadams: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2018
This woman keeps vomiting money like she was money ritualised. What is the pin? May want to try my luck.

2 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by deji17: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2018
docadams:
This woman keeps vomiting money like she was money ritualised. What is the pin? May want to try my luck.

Between Peshe and Dieziani, we no come know who thief past.

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by docadams: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
deji17:

Between Peshe and Dieziani, we no come know who thief past.

Very alarmingly shocking.. And the reality was that they were both under the service one man. The competition to outdo each must have been very severe. Managing both of them was GEJ only landmark in leadership. While allowing Peshe to dominate the local terrain, Dezzy was transfered abroad to become a foreign based player. Simple solution to a big wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by Nkemtreasure: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
Just because we have been told that $44million is missing from the NIA? Unable no dey tire to play the same script? We are tired oooo
Re: [BREAKING] EFCC In Fresh Moves Against Patience Jonathan’s $8.4m, N7.3bn Found I by crispus09(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
if not for not for goofed judicial system we have in d nation mama peace suppose.to dey cry behind bars now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Akwa Ibom Is Tackling Fulani Colonization / El-rufai's Committee Submit Report On Restructuring, Makes Recommendation. / [BREAKING] Ganduje, Kwankwaso’s Feud Divides Senators, IG Summoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.