Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games (2074 Views)

Victor Moses Wins 2017 Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / WATCH Plateau United Football Club Win The 2017 Nigerian League C.. / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
I've wanted to share this for a while but I was waiting for NPUGA to officially update it on their website. But its already mid January and they haven't sad

It held at the Turkish Nile University of Nigeria in Abuja. Athletes weren't lodged on campus though, we lodged at the NYSC camp in Kubwa which was fairly ok. (I mean, camp wasn't designed to be comfortable was it? grin )

The university atmosphere was pretty great though. I think I had a great time.

I attached the overall medal table of the tournament below. Benson Idahosa University won overall for the 7th straight time after dominating the swimming competition which has 20+ categories to win medals from. My school, ABUAD, started participating in 2013, and has placed 2nd overall in every edition since then (it holds every two years).

Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Seun(m): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
Why didn’t Covenant university participate?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
Seun:
From what I hear, they usually have a church program clashing with the NPUGA (which is held in December). They haven't participated before.

Modified** turns out they did participate in 2013 (from a quick google search), but the reason why they're not regulars is still unknown to me.
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2018
In case you need a source, I AM THE SOURCE. grin grin
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
cc Lalasticlala , Mynd44 wink
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by hakeem4(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2018
Seun:
statsocial why didn’t we participate? And I can play chess ooo

1 Like

Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
hakeem4:
statsocial why didn’t we participate? And I can play chess ooo
Are you serious? We could play sometime wink

Do you have any special program going on in December in your school? From the 12th to the 20th/22nd ??
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by hakeem4(m): 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Do you have any special program going on in December in your school? From the 12th to the 20th/22nd ??
we probably vacate early December, but we can organise a special match
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2018
hakeem4:
we probably vacate early December, but we can organise a special match
I was trying to figure out why your school doesn't participate. You didn't come when Abuad hosted in 2015 either

We can always play on chess.com smiley I'd prefer blitz though cheesy grin
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by 4kings: 1:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Ya, we close early because of a Shiloh program in the church (It's a winners chapel thing).

Anyways, i'm sure we would have taken the most golds. tongue tongue
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
4kings:

Ya, we close early because of a Shiloh program in the church (It's a winners chapel thing).

And so the rumour was true

Anyways, i'm sure we would have taken the most golds. tongue tongue

You wish grin grin grin grin
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by 4kings: 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
AnonyNymous:

You wish grin grin grin grin
wink wink
We shall battle this on chess.com someday.

*pssst* I'll possibly build an automated machine learning program to beat you. lol

1 Like

Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by NollywoodFreak: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
Private schools are just creating their own version of things. I believe NUC should step up and do the needful. Convenant University are truly lacking in sports, they are good in academics though, but sports is important still. This is why I prefer ABUAD.
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by NollywoodFreak: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
I wanted to ask why government schools are not in NUGA

Private schools are just creating their own version of things. I believe NUC should step up and do the needful. Convenant University are truly lacking in sports, they are good in academics though, but sports is important still.
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by Princeloyaly: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
Well i think the division between npuga and nuga is better of that way cause even the polytechnic have there own games too if we all join together as tertiary institutions to participate it wont be bad too but due to the amount of tertiary institutions we have i feel its better its divided
Re: Results Of December 2017 Nigerian Private University Games by SpoiltVirgin: 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
Princeloyaly:
Well i think the division between npuga and nuga is better of that way cause even the polytechnic have there own games too if we all join together as tertiary institutions to participate it wont be bad too but due to the amount of tertiary institutions we have i feel its better its divided
polytechnics is different tho. Nuga is for universities only, not polytechnics.

(1) (Reply)

My 30k Gift To Nairaland Gunners / The Single Most Important Attribute In Modern Football / Nigeria Premier League Gets $170m From New Sponsors – Mtn. Globacom Goes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.