Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,214 members, 7,957,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) (61000 Views)

Villagers Kill Hippopotamus In Ikumo, Kogi State. Photos / Beautiful, Colored Snake Killed In Ologi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / 100-Year-Old Python Killed In Okigwe, Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by pek(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2018
In other clime, a team of scientists, marine biologists, conservationists would assemble there to unravel the cause of its death.

OP, I guess you don't know about whales for you to describe that as big.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Ese - Odo I remember my service year there , the people speak a kind of Edo Language !!

Who asked you?....too many journalist on Nairaland abeg

Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2018
When whales fall sick or about to die they move to shore but trust my hungry nigerians that can eat anything will quickly bring out thwir cutlass
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by micflo28(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2018
That is obviously obviously a fresh water whale. Sperm whale precisely. We kill them like chicken when they don't reproduce as much offsprings as chickens. A whale gives birth to one calf and nurtures for 2 years
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Shikena(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2018
ShyCypher:

Says the scammer who's located in "Detriot, MI"

First off, Detroit (not Detriot) is in Chicago, not Miami.

Thief.
Chicago is a city just like Detroit. MI is Michigan not Miami, a city in Florida. It is Detroit, MI. Chicago is in Illinois. He got the spelling of Detroit wrong but your errors are worse!

2 Likes

Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by timwudz(m): 10:57am On Jan 16, 2018
OboOlora:
See that one sitting to take a pic

ike, chilling with Bae cheesy

u funny die�����
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by ayoyonet(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2018
So big
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Hespee93: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2018
Food is ready

Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by correctguy101(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2018
sod09:
See feminists snapping on it grin grin

If that slowpoke is a feminist then were safe ... tongue
sod09:
See feminists snapping on it grin grin

If that slowpoke is a feminist then were safe ...
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by zikter(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2018
na wao for that gal o, she just dey slay on too of the whale. some gals sef
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2018
. . . And they will touch the dead animal with bare hands and climb it too? undecided

What WRETCHES! embarassed
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by sod09(m): 11:12am On Jan 16, 2018
correctguy101:

If that slowpoke is a feminist then were safe ... tongue

If that slowpoke is a feminist then were safe ...
lmao grin grin
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2018
FortifiedCity:
was killed or was found dead?

probably died before it floated to shore. You can tell from the wrinkling that it has been dead in the water for days!

How them wan take kill whale before without the proper equipment? If them try am with that wooden canoe,
dem no go fit find there dead bodies till 20 years time! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by gordii(m): 11:22am On Jan 16, 2018
If at all that's a whale (can't see the whole fish, but I doubt it...the skin looks like it, but even baby whales are much bigger), then it was found dead. You can't kill a whale while on canoes no matter the weapons you use. You have to go into deep waters to kill it, and pulling it out to the shore would require a larger boat (machined)...The pictures I see don't just support the op's claim. But naija sha, na food first come to mind.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by adekennis(m): 11:28am On Jan 16, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Thank God My Teeth Still Strong To Chop Pepper Soup

Kindly remove this pic na...It's so disgusting..
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by vicben27(m): 11:31am On Jan 16, 2018
OboOlora:
See that one sitting to take a pic. She be like, chilling with Bae cheesy
nice camel toe
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by TIDDOLL(m): 11:36am On Jan 16, 2018
FOOLS!!!!! angry angry

Whale grounded in Australia would have been pushed back into the water undecided

Illiteracy is truely a disease.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by mztubsy(f): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2018
ShyCypher:

On a more serious note, looks like a humpback whale.

Prolly a baby injured by the propellers of a ship.
that's definitely the legendary humpback "whistling" whale. This size is quite small compared to the size of an adult one. It's probably a baby. I watched a documentary on this whales on National Geographic channel and I was so amazed at the wonderful creatures in existence. A full blown adult is capable of toppling a ship. I was shocked!
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by stieyven(m): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Thank God My Teeth Still Strong To Chop Pepper Soup
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. Exodus 20 :7
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Stylz69(m): 11:53am On Jan 16, 2018
Trust Ijaw people. They’ll cut it up and eat
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 16, 2018
Shikena:

Chicago is a city just like Detroit. MI is Michigan not Miami, a city in Florida. It is Detroit, MI. Chicago is in Illinois. He got the spelling of Detroit wrong but your errors are worse!

Oh yeah you're right. Illinois is the state and Florida too not Miami.

Guess I rushed 2 get my response back.

Fvck my geography.

But that don't stop him from being a scammer tho'. grin Spellin' your city of residence wrong is one thing, keepin' it that way for years is another.

He can't tell us he hasn't seen that spellin' again since he first typed it. Definitely saw it and felt satisfied by it.

He doesn't reside in Detriot or Detroit obviously.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by lagdmark(m): 11:55am On Jan 16, 2018
Another Ebola loading. That died long time ago
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by principalgee: 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
This should be enough for the whole people in the state.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by eddy4naija: 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
FortifiedCity:
was killed or was found dead?
Na watin me wan ask be dat too
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
mztubsy:
that's definitely the legendary humpback "whistling" whale. This size is quite small compared to the size of an adult one. It's probably a baby. I watched a documentary on this whales on National Geographic channel and I was so amazed at the wonderful creatures in existence. A full blown adult is capable of toppling a ship. I was shocked!

Lol. Damn right!

They are known as the most active whales.

They come to the surface alot & slam their tail fins on the water.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by coputa(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
If this is true then Nigerians no get pity for anything at all
Stop the nonsense of trying to be more European than the Whiteman.Are you not a Nigerian that eat anything that carries flesh
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Deathlezz: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Poor photography.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
coputa:
Stop the nonsense of trying to be more European than the Whiteman.Are you not a Nigerian that eat anything that carries flesh

I do vegetable 97%
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by coputa(m): 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

I do vegetable 97%
What's the other 3%
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by sehin79(m): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
this is what happen when you are swiming or hanging around the wrong environment,you would struggle or die
as a whale is meanth to be in the big sea or ocean.curious on how the whale got to ondo river.
its a lesson learnth.
Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
If this is true then Nigerians no get pity for anything at all

Na only chop dem sabi

1 Like

Re: A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2018
OP,i guess u're jubilating with them that they 'killed' a whale. if only u know dat
1. u could be jailed for having anything to do with its death
2.the creature died on its own nd floated to ur area
3.u didnt investigate if it is poisonous or not
4.despite our vast coastline,we cant boast of a single commission dat sees to the protection of aqua life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Female Soldiers Pose With A Python In The Jungle / Is This Sitting Position Feminine / Snake In The Neighborhood. Becareful! It's Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.