Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? (1259 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by shadrach77: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2010
i have always noticed this - this has always been the case - why is it so? kindly discuss cheesy
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by mazaje(m): 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2010
Because women are more interested in social groups and social gatherings which the church is. . . . .
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by chakula: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
and also men are not trusted in their belief as like the women that is why always their numbers are uncompared with the men at any church.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by IlDuce1: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2010
Cos they're looking for a God-Fearing Husband
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by Patsey: 2:18am On Jul 21, 2011
HAHAHAHA, ANY PSYCHOLOGIST OF RELIGION IN THE HOUSE? O WELL, I THINK IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE SUSCEPTIBLE TO CONDITIONING.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by FreeIndeed: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2011
Churchianity is more emotion-based@the music, the sermons, the "praise-dancing," etc. This appeals more so to women than men, because women tend to be more emotional, emotionally-sensitive, and emotionally-expressive. Men are less emotionally-expressive and more active. They don't want to sit in a pew for hours under the "submission" of some pulpiteer who has all the women hypnotized. Men have less tolerance for bankrupt-spirituality and hyper-emotional fluff. They would rather stay home and watch sports on TV than waste time sitting through a monotonous church service that caters to women. Real men don't want to attend a church service where the pastor is bisexual, the choir director is a flaming h0m0s3xual man, there are brash "butch" Juanita Bynum-type female preachers. Plus all of the offerings. Why pay to listen to lies, errors, and teachings that even the leaders aren't obeying? Men would rather just stay home and watch a game on TV for free. No deception and religious pimpery is involved.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by lagcity(m): 7:42am On Jul 21, 2011
becos church is basically a party where women get to feel good and get carried away. anytime i find myself in church, i easily draw attention to myself and all the women are looking at me like "chei jesus, this man is possessed, he is not even clapping, he is just standing like a statue." grin grin i see thru all the bs.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by Enigma(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2011
FreeIndeed:
. . .  Why pay to listen to lies, errors, and teachings that even the leaders aren't obeying? Men would rather just stay home and watch a game on TV for free. No deception and religious pimpery is involved.

Super! The so-called "pastors" often quote "it is more blessed to give than to receive". But these frauds do not practise it, otherwise they should be giving, giving, giving, and giving  to members of their congregation and other needy people.

Second, in addition to not following the passage, the fraudulent pastors make things worse by using the passage to manipulate and brainwash the congregation because they use it to persuade the congregation to always be giving to the "pastor"; so, with these frauds, it is one way traffic giving ---- from congregation to pastor.

Alufa n'sanra, ijọ n'ru!
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by Demainman1: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2011
Because Women are simply too gullible and weak. No matter their level of education and knowledge, their 'fish brain' will never allow them to see most of the 'men of gods' for the 'fraud' they are.

The question can also be re-worded as follows ''Why do more woman fall under the 'annoying-thing' than men?''
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by nuella2(f): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^
Who born you? See your month like fish brain. Learn to have respect for women it will help you alot. Weakness is not all abt the physique my brother, strength is beyond having strong bones.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by Demainman1: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^^^ When it comes to 'men of gods' and church issues generally whether you belief it or not, women and nigeria women especially have 'fish brains'

Of course there are exceptions! If you are lucky to find one!! My mama na one of those exceptional cases.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by nuella2(f): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^
So your mama get human brain then the next person mama get fish brain, are you okay?
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by Demainman1: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^^ Must you reply even though you have nothing to say? If you don't have 'fish brain' good for you. But most of u do. Is that too hard to comprehend?

Maybe a visit to any nigeria 'born again' churches will convince you.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by nuella2(f): 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^^

I demand an apology from you on behalf of all Nigerian women for calling us fish brains. Nigerian women are strong, smart and intelligent. Whatever way you feel they go about their belief do not warrant you calling any of us fish brain.
Re: Why Are There More Women In Churches Than Men? by claremont(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2011
Demain_man:

^^^^^ When it comes to 'men of gods' and church issues generally whether you belief it or not, women and nigeria women especially have 'fish brains'
Of course there are exceptions! If you are lucky to find one!! My mama na one of those exceptional cases. 
Spot on!!!  grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Single Day For Intercession Prayers For Friends,families And World. / Is Pastor Adeboye An Agent Of The Devil And Antigod? / Tell The Whole World Now Christianity Is Not A Religion!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.