Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Here's The Cake That Chelsea Presented Motson On His Retirement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Here's The Cake That Chelsea Presented Motson On His Retirement (678 Views)

Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / Usain Bolt's Thunderous Strike Goals Before His Retirement / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's The Cake That Chelsea Presented Motson On His Retirement by akeentech(m): 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
Legendary commentator John Motson will call time on his BBC career aged 72 after the conclusion of the current football season.

The broadcaster, popularly known as 'Motty', is in his 50th consecutive year with the corporation.

He covered 10 World Cups, 10 European Championships, 29 FA Cup finals and more than 200 England games.

"I've absolutely loved my time commentating for BBC Sport," said Motson.

"I've been fortunate enough to witness some of the biggest moments in football history mere yards away from the action, so I've really been very lucky."

Motson, known for his trademark sheepskin coats and encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, wants to continue his links with the sport.

"I'm hoping to keep my association with football and with broadcasting - I'm not retiring from everything, I'm retiring from the BBC," he said.

@liam_twomey
https://twitter.com/liam_twomey/status/952182008880476162/photo/1

Re: Here's The Cake That Chelsea Presented Motson On His Retirement by akeentech(m): 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
honeric01, semid4lyfe come and see cake
Re: Here's The Cake That Chelsea Presented Motson On His Retirement by femolacqua(m): 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Nice
Re: Here's The Cake That Chelsea Presented Motson On His Retirement by akeentech(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Monday Sure Game Is Available Contact Me Via 09056794634 / Who Said Ronaldo Was Finished? By Soibi Ransom / Ronaldo’s 2002 World Cup Haircut Was A Deliberate Distraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.