Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,126 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Irish Band Cranberries Lead Singer Dies At 46 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Irish Band Cranberries Lead Singer Dies At 46 (438 Views)

Late Linkin Park Lead Singer Chester Bennington's Widow Announces Her Engagement / Ugandan Singer Dies After Engaging In Bar Fight With Club Bouncer / The Cranberries Lead Singer, Dolores O'Riordan Died Yesterday Evening, at 46! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Irish Band Cranberries Lead Singer Dies At 46 by IME1: 12:14am On Jan 16, 2018
To my dear NL,
I'm sorry if I am the one breaking the news to you but
Our dear Dolores is dead : cry cry cry

Please i know I am people of the 80’s like teasing people of later years, but many may not know her in this generation.

If you ever saw Zombie, Linger, Cornell, Dreams and so many others you will know who I am talking about.

Irish music band with strongholds as social critics and love rock.
I played Cornell after my sister's passing but it only made me worse so i deleted it.
I played Zombie till I almost had headache
I played linger with headphones and almost became unaware of my surroundings.

People like Dido and Adele come close with vocal prowess and soothing songs.

As a Christian I weaned myself (and still am) of secular and unuseful (not useless oh) songs when I became born again.
I said goodbye to linger, life for rent, dialo, if I could turn, think twice, kameleon and dear mama and many others that rocked my world then but I acknowledge the lyrical skills and vocal depth of these musicians. I believe God gives talent for His purpose, will and glory. I know God loves us and has mercy on us. I know messages are easily passed and sink deeper and faster via music. But in our liking, let us honour God. Anything sharing glory or a place with God in our lives is an idol and must be destroyed and removed and cut off. Jesus is Lord and will never impose Himself on anyone.

Irish singer-songwriter Dolores O’Riordan, frontwoman of the multi-million selling rock band The Cranberries, died suddenly in London on Monday aged 46, her publicist said.

Her last internet message was-
“Hi All, Dolores here. Feeling good! I did my first bit of gigging in months at the weekend, performed a few songs at the Billboard annual staff holiday party in New York with the house band,” it read.

“Really enjoyed it! Happy Christmas to all our fans!! Xo”.

The band, formed in 1989, went on a break in 2003 but reformed in 2009, releasing their final album “Something Else” last year.

Source
Punch online and Yahoo

May she rest in peace, I go miss her oh cry cry

1 Share

Re: Irish Band Cranberries Lead Singer Dies At 46 by TheAnimatorsHub: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2018
Oh my... I love their songs. Rest in peace dear
Re: Irish Band Cranberries Lead Singer Dies At 46 by chukxie(m): 1:46am On Jan 16, 2018
Rest in peace, Dolores ! Her voice could vibrate through a thick wall ! 'Zombie' is still one of my favourite classic songs.

(1) (Reply)

I Can Not Make Love To A Woman Without A Condom, Adekunle Gold Reveals In New In / 6 Ghana Celebrities Who Passed Away In 2017 / Popular Rapper Quavo Accused Of Assault & Robbery At Grammy After Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.