Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

My Horrible Experience At Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha At Anambra State - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Horrible Experience At Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha At Anambra State (496 Views)

Peter Obi At World Peace Day At Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos / Pastor Adeboye Preaches At ‘Holy Communion Service’ After Son, Dare's Death / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience At Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha At Anambra State by toscairo365: 12:55am On Jan 16, 2018
Hello pals, let's drop our experience with holy rosary hospital water side Onitsha in Anambra State. As for me that is the worst experience I have ever had with any hospital. I came for a medical check up on the faithful day around 9pm and I went straight to emergency of which i will be charged, only to examine me and seeing the doctor took over 1hour as if that was not enough I was handed over to a co nurse whom it took like 3mins just to stand from where she is laying down and now is around 11:30pm. She now took my folder and work away without any excuse, I then followed her from one place to another without any iota of word from her. At a point I have to stop and watch her, when she saw I am no longer following her, she then turned and from afar askinh me question which I could not hear, so when I told her I could not hear her, she simply work away without any word and then is almost 12pm. I felt so bad, took my paper and work away. The nurse then started following me that I should return the paper to her which had been with them without any empathy or concern to assist, I refused at ist and later gave it to her. Then I entered my car to drive home only for the game men and security refused my access to leave and teamed up to abuse me, tore my cloth and gave me bruises and now is around after 12 mid night. Someone that is down and came for the medical assistance. This shows that their management is very poor.
Why I wrote this is for the management to sit up and look deep into the level of professionalism in their staff and also keep the standard they portray, if not people will loss total confidence in them. As for me, I will never ever visit or advice someone to use them for both medical and other things
The above named hospital is a Catholic hospital with a total service failure and poor medical attention.
Please share with friends and learn from my story
Re: My Horrible Experience At Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha At Anambra State by boringnigerian: 1:23am On Jan 16, 2018
What are you complaining about exactly
Re: My Horrible Experience At Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha At Anambra State by lomaxx: 2:25am On Jan 16, 2018
I want to respond to your story but first and foremost I want to make sure you understand that I do not work with any of the institutions you've mentioned here. Secondly, I empathize with your plight and I hope that you're well. Now to the meat of the matter.

If you go to the hospital by 9pm, the outpatient clinics would have been closed. It is assumed that for you to come after work hours , at 9pm, you're not going for a "medical check up". It has to be an emergency.

Now at the ER/Casualty/Emergency, the modus operandi is not a first come ,first serve basis. I repeat. There is nothing like first come, first serve in a hospital emergency section. The mechanism used in attending to patients is a TRIAGE System. This means that patients that come to the emergency after work hours will first be assessed if it is an actual emergency and also for the severity of their condition. The reasons are simple:

1) There are few resources available at the emergency section, hence, it must be apportioned to those that REALLY NEED IT.
2) Those with more severe cases are given priority because failure to make an intervention will result in a catastrophe.

Also, when you come to the hospital, the nurses sees you first, take your vital signs and your complains and informs the doctor. Usually, they assess the viability of cases as emergencies or not based on criteria they were trained on.

It's a pity no one explained this to you there hence that was wrong on their part. But it appears that either you didn't have an actual emergency or you assumed you'd be treated on a first come first serve basis, and out of waiting you felt bad or the hospital has a bad case of poor management.

I sincerely doubt the last.

And your ordeal with the security could be secondary to what happens at the ER. Did you cause any scuffle? Else, sorry.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Holy Rosary Hospital Onitsha At Anambra State by toscairo365: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2018
@Lomaxx, I understand the procedure perfectly well but my complaint was as a result of delay and sense of response knowing fully well that you there to serve the public. The nurses were just laying down looking at me, not as if they have any case at the moment and even finally when she now stood up there was no atom of urgency in her and lastly her response was so unfriendly like i am disturbing her and then is already 12mid night. Please how else can u justify their service when there was no emergency case throughout my stay in that hospital and I was treated so badly like a pest on them. U might not really feel my pain till you experience same if you are actually not part of them trying to justify their action

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(21/01/2018) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/03/18 / The Sin Of Flesh And Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.