Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,595 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued (25611 Views)

Lanre Gentry Responds To Mercy Aigbe's Father's Day Post / Maryiam Elisha Rikaotobyme Who Gave Bride's Dress To Mercy Aigbe Reacts / Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe For Her 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:
Mercy is just trying to shift blame away form her head and sue the tailor to court...after all dis yeyebrities don enter yawa..d next thing is to blame it on somebody and sue to court..
you did not read. Its not mercy that's suing the tailor. It is the bride
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by joinnow: 6:03am On Jan 16, 2018
All this write up for just one dress
Women and dress
Serve the tailor well.
Next time the tailor go think twice b4 subleasing pesin dress.
Corruption everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by layzie: 6:04am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:

to be sincere initially I didn't read to know it was.d bride sueing her...but Mercy must have incited the arrest of d tailor one way or the other, cos she spoke about contacting the bride as well as speaking to her own lawyers on Instagram sometime last week...she must have encouraged d bride to take legal action..cos d bride didn't seem interested before..it's almost 15 days since Mercy's birthday na...
So the bride cannot seek redress until mercy tells her to?? Smh

5 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by tallerSSS: 6:08am On Jan 16, 2018
Briteiyobo1:
This will be interesting o Walahi , Mercy and the Bride are both Edo let's see how it plays out. Watching
you no get work.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by anochuko01(m): 6:10am On Jan 16, 2018
kennygee:

Maybe she did, the tailor come dey form agidi.
that could be the case sha. The thing really pain the customer.

your signature is funny but I love it. you must be seriously engaged or married, right?
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by tiredoflife(m): 6:14am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:
that's too harsh.
simply ask for a refund naa

Will the refund bring back her wedding day she missed
Nigerians are so funny
You think everyone is all about money

3 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:

that could be the case sha. The thing really pain the customer.

your signature is funny but I love it. you must be seriously engaged or married, right?

I am neither o. The signature keeps perverts at bay.

I like it too.

grin
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Sterope(f): 6:22am On Jan 16, 2018
It is not too harsh. A simple refund will not teach the designer a lesson. The designer is very dubious and fraudulent. The poor bride is entitled to be fully compensated for the heartache she experienced.

anochuko01:
that's too harsh.

3 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by lumzybo: 6:35am On Jan 16, 2018
I so much love this. She shld be sued and get compensated in millions madam tailor go learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by henrybomb(m): 6:38am On Jan 16, 2018
CelebrityP:

Did u read d post at all?
I don't think so
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by alhajisocrates: 6:41am On Jan 16, 2018
free2ryhme:
The aggrieved bride @rettypety, whose wedding was scheduled for 29th December 2017 has institute a court action against Maryam Elisha (@rikaotobyme) and all involved. The long and short is that she is seeking compensation for the breach by the designer.

See picture of court action documents

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_DoT9H3sB86dJ4NtThxqOGZVCux339Skb6pI0/?taken-by=jagbajantis_vines

The designer is very wicked, imagine the trauma and disappiontement she caused the bride psychologically and emotionally.

Let her pay 100million naira as damages.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by homesteady(m): 6:46am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:

to be sincere initially I didn't read to know it was.d bride sueing her...but Mercy must have incited the arrest of d tailor one way or the other, cos she spoke about contacting the bride as well as speaking to her own lawyers on Instagram sometime last week...she must have encouraged d bride to take legal action..cos d bride didn't seem interested before..it's almost 15 days since Mercy's birthday na...

Mercy was just forming activity, as far as I'm concerned, Mercy is an accomplice to the fraud.

3 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by BLESSMME: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2018
ignis:
Please let the sleeping dog lie.
it is all the sleeping dogs we let to lie that has left this nation like this.

3 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by BLESSMME: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2018
Ekiseme:
She should let it go.
...and another tailor will follow suit. I strongly believe tailors will learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by ekmike(m): 6:50am On Jan 16, 2018
This is really going to be a show of power
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by oglalasioux(m): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:
Mercy is just trying to shift blame away form her head and sue the tailor to court...after all dis yeyebrities don enter yawa..d next thing is to blame it on somebody and sue to court..

Read the post first. You can comment later.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Quality20(m): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2018
that's good. pls make sure they pay hefty damages running into millions
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by BumbleDevil: 7:00am On Jan 16, 2018
she no even happy say the tailor sent her alternative. What about Julius my tailor wey sow my batik material finish begin wear am. E be like magic for my eye when I jam am wearing my cloth, upon say I still pay for the sowing oooooooo. All his beg beg to buy and sow another material for me na wash sef because till today, I no see material, talkless of cloth.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by IkpuMmadu: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:
that's too harsh.

That's the problem with us....then the designer does it again and pay refund

We must know what breach of trust is
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by mysteryman2014: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2018
Nice move, however I hope the judiciary will not mess up the case with their slow approach to handling issues. The issue deserves accelerated hearing to determine the whole truth and the culprits punished severely, it is a reflection of the decadence in our society.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by dominique(f): 7:18am On Jan 16, 2018
SMH at the people saying that the bride should let it go. Nigerians are fond of leaving matter to God, that's the mentality this irresponsible tailor was hoping to take advantage of. She deserves to be arrested for fraud and sued for breech of contract, causing emotional distress to the bride by ruining her big day. Mercy should also sue her for an attempt at defamation of her person. We have to put a stop to this 'leave matter to God' mentality. A lot of people are capitalizing on it to get away with bad behaviour

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by poseidon12: 7:20am On Jan 16, 2018
Joshmodest:

Geez. Did the article say that the tailor was arrested, or did you read that somewhere else? This is a letter from the bride's lawyers, putting the tailor on notice that she would be sued for breach of contract. To avoid being sued, they want her to reach out to them and offer the bride something acceptable to her: Refund and monetary compensation and apology.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 16, 2018
thus pic is small to read and also too long, abeg can som1 summarise for me wat the bride and her lawyer want? Apology or money?

Just wondering if Mastacraft will do the same to the tailor who sew is abgada. cheesy
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by bigtt76(f): 7:29am On Jan 16, 2018
But no settlement condition was stated in the documents naaaaa! The designer don beg though if it were me, i won't accept it shaaa but meh ...they've all succeeded in blowing up the designer's cover

free2ryhme:
The aggrieved bride @rettypety, whose wedding was scheduled for 29th December 2017 has institute a court action against Maryam Elisha (@rikaotobyme) and all involved. The long and short is that she is seeking compensation for the breach by the designer.

See picture of court action documents

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_DoT9H3sB86dJ4NtThxqOGZVCux339Skb6pI0/?taken-by=jagbajantis_vines

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by ibkgab001: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2018
grin now I'm happy
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by AceDomino(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2018
The designer and mercy are both fraudsters. I just wanna know where the story ends.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by tiwiex(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:
that's too harsh.
Refund? for a WEDDING gown she was meant to wear on her special day? Don't forget she accepted an alternative believing the dress was lost only to see it on instagram. So much guts.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Enoquin(f): 7:50am On Jan 16, 2018
The tailor is not being sued yet, this is a letter asking her to settle, the amount for settlement was not stated; both parties will have to come to an agreement on what's suitable.

What I don't understand though is trying to join Mercy in this breach of contract, I might not be a Mercy fan but asides from sentiments I do not see why she should be called out. Even if Mercy coerced the designer to give her the dress, as long as the said designer had an agreement to fulfill a contract with another party and failed; it is on her head. Mercy entered into no agreement with the bride and should be allowed to breathe.
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Chydo63(m): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2018
anochuko01:
that's too harsh.
a refund of what exactly, inconvenience, disappointment, expenses, tears, emotional trauma, deceit, frustration...? How much exactly can make up for all the pains? It's best to sue her sorry ass!
Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Alejoa(f): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2018
ignis:

No Ma.... Justice must be done and seen to be done to serve as deterrent to others.... God forbid your daughter face similar injustice.... I doubt if you can view it with the same standpoint then.... in this case law and Justice is the mother of the bride.... Let them fight for her abeg....

Lets I forget, I love the beautiful write up of lawyers...this made we wish I have studied law!

2 Likes

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by nmaihat: 7:53am On Jan 16, 2018
I believe this step is long overdue.

The tailor showed no remorse for her actions as evidence by her apology to mercy aigbe for the supposed embarrassment caused her by the entire episode. The real victim was just mentioned in passing in the said apology. More So, the tailor claimed that mercy aigbe approached her to make a dress that is strikingly similar to the victim's dress hence the confusion by the dispatch guy who Mary's dress to the bride and the bride's to mercy.

Mercy in an attempt to save face and pretend not to know she wore another's dress claimed not to have known or met the tailor prior to the incident and that it was her 'stylist' that approached the tailor to hire a dress for her birthday shoot. She then ended it by implying she'll sue the tailor.

They are both complicit in this incident and deserve every embarrassment, inconvenience and punitive measures meted to them for ruining someone's wedding day for their selfish gains.

1 Like

Re: Tailor Accused Of Giving A Bride’s Dress To Mercy Aigbe Sued by Tomoyayi(m): 7:54am On Jan 16, 2018
ignis:

Would you say this if it had happened to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Sola Sobowale Shares Lovely New Pics Of Herself / Munachi Abii Stuns On SEE THROUGH Dress. Sexy Babe!!! / Regina Chukwu: I Can't Allow My Boyfriend To Have Female Bestie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.