Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari (968 Views)

Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari / ''Senate Rejected Me Because I’m Doing My Job Well'' - Magu / Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by massinola(m): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said Nigerians were accepting that his administration was doing its best, even if they were doing so grudgingly.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President spoke while receiving The Gambian President, Mr. Adama Barrow, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari recalled that he took over from a party that had been in power for 16 years.

He added that during the period, the country earned huge amount of revenue which he said was unprecedented in the history of the country.

He said his administration had studied the problem of unemployment in the country which he described as one of the biggest challenges.

The President said his government was working hard to change the narrative.

He said, “Sixty percent of the 180 million people are under 25 years. They all wish for a secure future. Those of them who are educated feel they are more qualified for employment.

We have studied the problem and are doing our best to stabilise the situation.

‘‘We took over from a party that had been in power for 16 years. During those years, the country earned an unprecedented amount of money as revenue, never seen at any time before.

“It is noteworthy that, no matter how grudgingly, the people are accepting that we are doing our best.”

The President expressed disappointment that he and other leaders of the Economic Community of West African States had to use strong-arm tactics to get Yahya Jammeh, the former Gambian president out of office after failing to win re-election.

“We had to go through those actions because it was the only option for Nigeria and ECOWAS,” he said.

Buhari recalled that in spite of all entreaties, the former President refused to accept the outcome of the election he superintended which was widely accepted as credible.

“We thank God for the role He allowed us to play in the Gambia. We believe in multi-party democracy. In Africa, it is absolutely necessary but for the system to work and one to come out of it clean, there is need for patience.

Patience on the part of leaders is also necessary in view of ethnic and religious diversities that prevail. Leaders must be patient, hardworking and resourceful,” he said.

Buhari said if African countries could get the institutional structures of democracy working properly, the continent would emerge from the process of development successfully.

He urged the Gambian leader to uphold the legacy of free and fair elections which he described as the biggest guarantee for democracy.

At the end of the meeting, the President announced that representatives of both countries will deliberate and advise the leaders on how best to strengthen the existing level of cooperation between the two states.

Barrow said he came to thank Nigeria and its leader in person for ensuring the completion of the democratic process in his country which had stalled back then following the refusal of Jammeh to accept the election results.

The Gambian leader said his country received the support of Nigeria in many spheres, citing education, administration, justice and security sectors and requested Buhari to continue to be of assistance.

We will never forget Nigeria for the help it has rendered to us since independence,” the visiting Gambian leader said.

https://punchng.com/no-matter-how-grudgingly-nigerians-accept-im-doing-my-best-buhari/amp/

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by massinola(m): 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
This man must be high on Aisha's urine mixed with his cow's dung.

3 Likes

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Gisthoodng(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
Which Best?? We still in recession But we Nigerians adapt so we don't even remember angry

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Topccy007: 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ur best isn't enough..... If this is the best you can offer it's better you resign and go back to Daura.

I'm sure your cattle will appreciate your kinda "best"

4 Likes

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by internetpo(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
trash talk
everyone is complaining of your incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Paperwhite(m): 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
Still talking as the "shithole" president that Trump said. angry

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by mikejj(m): 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
grin the girl yes!she came back
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Naijacost22: 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Your best aint good enough old man.
You are tribalistic and filled with hate.
Just like an incompetent worker,please Resign cos we are not getting any thing good from you.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by DrSterling(m): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by greatgod2012(f): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
PMB, your best is not good at all! Go home by 2019 and rest!

I can still remember a thread here where people voted for stone against you PMB. I know and I'm sure that your media aides would see it and tell you, that's an indication that you've been rejected. Stop being selfish, go home and take care of yourself. Nigerians are tired of your tribalism and nepotism induced governance.

Meanwhile, I didn't read that shït up there!

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Omeokachie: 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Never knew that Buhari is also into standup comedy!
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Does this man talk from his ass? Or did they mistakenly remove his brain on one of his many hospital visits? Dont worry Buhari I pray God almighty runs your life the exact same way you are running Nigeria. That your ill health is only a tip of the iceberg by the time God fully descends on you it will hit you like a tornado and you will be wondering where you got it wrong. That time even your Fulani herdsmen kindred will not be able to help you. You can't impoverish people and think all will be well with your own family surely not with the curses you receive from poor nigerians everyday.
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Ifeanyi4491(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
massinola:
You are on point
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
massinola:
Cc yarimo the sai babarian grin

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Nutase: 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
Stop dwelling on the past cos it has deprived you the golden opportunity you had to rewrite history.
You're a failure finish.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by okosodo: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ogun kill you. Daz all
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by iPrevail(m): 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
We have studied the problem and are doing our best to stabilise the situation.

Studied which situation? The only thing you have successfully studied are your cows back in daura. My Tyrant.
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by dollytino4real(f): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
go tell fayose first
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by joinnow: 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
Rather than bringing us out of this shithole. He is busy creating more shitholes
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by rainview(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
I regret voting you.
I cannot be deceived by propaganda again.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by voizofone: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
Buhari recalled that he took over from a party that had been in power for 16 years.

must you make excuses with the past administration
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by gists: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by btaliat(m): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
A good leader should have plans ahead his assumption. Leaders dont give excuse. If everything was alright; we won't bother supporting u. So do it right or leave. Ur best is the worst.
God forgives me for abusing old man
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by iloveyou82(f): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2018
Buhari still remain the best
Re: No Matter How Grudgingly, Nigerians Accept I’m Doing My Best -buhari by Okanokan(m): 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
When dem tell yu say dis job hard, yu say go do N1 to S1dollar, yu go bring down fuel from N87 to N45naira, yu go employ 3million people every year etc etc NOW, see yursef SHAME DEY CATCH YU! No be every market dem dey buy. Yu go buy YAWA!

(1) (Reply)

A Zombie Turned Wailer / A’ibom Community Bemoans Abandoned Fishing Terminal / Breaking: List Of Buhari Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.