Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC (30718 Views)

Umahi Pledges N5m Support To Sonni Ogbuoji, APC Governorship Candidate In Ebonyi / Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Dumps PDP For APC / US Senators Block Sale Of Fighter Jets To Nigeria Over Human Rights Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by kahal29: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
A mild drama ensued at the Senate on Wednesday as Senators of the Peoples’ Democratic Party prevented their colleague representing Ebonyi South, Sonni Ogbuoji, from defecting to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Coming under order 43, Mr. Ogbuoji announced his intention to dump the PDP citing the “crisis” within the party as his reason for defection.

Apparently aware of his intention, other PDP Senators interrupted him and soon the chamber became noisy.

The rowdiness lasted for about 10 minutes while the PDP Senators physically blocked Mr. Ogbuoji from moving away from the opposition wing.
Mr. Ogbuoji thereafter rescinded his decision to the delight of his party members.

“Mr. President, I came under order 43 with the intention that I needed to make some declarations this morning,” he said. “When I started, my colleagues from my party PDP feel that I needed to consult with them because of the love they’ve shown me, I want to step down my…”

His voice was again drowned by cheers by the PDP lawmakers.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, jokingly urged the Senator to signify any other time he wants to effect the defection.

“In line with our rules which says there cannot be any further debates on this, his point of order is noted. Senator Sonni Ogbuoji, I will keep the whole day free for you for anytime you want to come back on order 43 today before the close of the session,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/255839-drama-pdp-senators-block-colleagues-defection-apc.html

1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by zakim(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
Up PDP!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by madridguy(m): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin In Baba 70 voice

Everybody run run run

Everybody scatter scatter

Pig dig Pig yeye party

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by PFRB: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
It is a shame. This could not happen in 1979. Nigeria is in backward motion.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by seunmsg(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
zakim:
Up PDP!

PDP senators see jokers. It was all fun when PDP was in power and every lawmaker from the opposition were decamping to their party. Parade don change gear now and they are crying. The senator from Ebonyin and lots more will eventually decamp to APC and nothing will happen. Even the PDP leader in the senate, Godswill Akpabio will end up in APC when he eventually gets tired of regretting the support he gave to Emmanuel Udom. So bro, don't rejoice yet, your party is drowning day by day.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by edlion57(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
He is a coward...he should wait for 2019..then he can contest under APC platform

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by tstx(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Defection, Defection, Everytime Defection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by littlewonders: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
These robots only care for themselves. They switch party like eating from a LovePeddler honey-pot only for their egomaniac interest.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by tooth4tooth: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bunch of jokers

3 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
power to the people
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by emperorAY(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bad for democracy .no ideology what so ever

4 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by bedspread: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by DrSterling(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by kkboy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
Before the 2019 election 90% of the present PDP legislators will defect to APC, while the wailers without PVC will keep

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
How am i sure it was not stage manage to muck APC, no bi niger we dey grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by kipesco(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2018
The joy of where you are going could be a sadness. Who told him if he decamps he will win come 2019
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by kenodrill: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
Defection defection! All channel down to the personal pocket.
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by ebujany(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
I pity the poor masses
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by cpu2006(m): 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
they are just there for their own selfish interest. people are dying in benue while they are in chamber laughing. na wa ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by NORSIYK(m): 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nigeria indeed is a shithole of a country
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by FBIL: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
Sunday Ogbuoji (Sonni Ogbuoji) represents Ebonyi South District of Ebonyi state. He's angling to test his popularity as governorship candidate come 2019 by challenging Mr. David Umahi. But Ogbuoji has fallen out with his erstwhile friend, Umahi. Thus, he became tactically caged in ''Umahi's PDP'', hence his quest to change camp and test his popularity. It's not as if it's a favor to APC. Ebonyi is actually a core PDP state. Although the present governor is doing fairly OK if he can complete all of his projects but Ebonyians may suffer in his second term (Rochas in mind) considering his undue love for money and habit of favoring only the Umahis and every Uburu person (Umahi's community).

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by Politicowizard(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
This niggar called ogbuoji is just a paper weight senator. Whether he stays in pdp or apc, one common thing is that he can not be returned as a senator again. The powers that be in Ebonyi has shot him off. He knows this.

The incumbent governor dictates the tune right now and ogbuoji is never in the good books of gov Dave Umahi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by greatman247(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
He is only in PDP but his heart is not there, he will leave eventually. they should have allowed him expressed himself freely, our democracy is in joke.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by Politicowizard(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
FBIL:
Sunday Ogbuoji (Sonni Ogbuoji) represents Ebonyi South District of Ebonyi state. He's angling to test his popularity as governorship candidate come 2019 by challenging Mr. David Umahi. But Ogbuoji has fallen out with his erstwhile friend, Umahi. Thus, he became tactically caged in ''Umahi's PDP'', hence his quest to change camp and test his popularity. It's not as if it's a favor to APC. Ebonyi is actually a core PDP state. Although the present governor is doing fairly OK if he can complete all of his projects but Ebonyians may suffer in his second term (Rochas in mind) considering his undue love for money and habit of favoring only the Umahis and every Uburu person (Umahi's community).

You seem to know the politics of Ebonyi State. I suspect you are from Ebonyi.
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
PDP needs to be careful.

The presidential candidate they produce will either make or ruin PDP

I prefer PDP to APC any time any day

APC is only doing well in Lagos other ones are eyesore including FG

How I wish Peter Obi and Raji Fashola can go for it

I love the combo

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by busxer: 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
ebujany:
I pity the poor masses
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by justy15: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Even if he like let him stay in PDP till 2023 he will not get the guber ticket to contest. Having seen that clearly he decided to go to APC where he has been promised of automatic ticket to run for Governor in ebonyi state. Governor umahi will chew him like biscuit
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by Sunnycliff(m): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2018
My Boss, trying to whip up sentimental controversy
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by Bobby808: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
seunmsg:

PDP senators see jokers. It was all fun when PDP was in power and every lawmaker from the opposition were decamping to their party. Parade don change gear now and they are crying. The senator from Ebonyin and lots more will eventually decamp to APC and nothing will happen. Even the PDP leader in the senate, Godswill Akpabio will end up in APC when he eventually gets tired of regretting the support he gave to Emmanuel Udom. So bro, don't rejoice yet, your party is drowning day by day.
I do not like Buhari and his apc but since every Nigerians are not xeeing the effect of Buhari devilish and devisive government, the turn downward of the country, let us all vote and support Buhari let us all see will suffer the most. I only feel pity for GEJ and his family, the people of the east and the south south because Buhari will openly burry all those I have country. Na Nigerians sabi. Wetin concern agboro with overload?
Re: PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC by UDIOK: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
seunmsg:

And you are glad that those you claim to be criminals are defecting to saints party....you are such a disgrace and double standard kind of monk

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

$9.6b Judgment: P&ID Owner’s Son Reaches Out To FG / Sakamori Drainage System To Start Recieving Attention In 2 Weeks - Soludo (Pics) / Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.