Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande (1030 Views)

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend / Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit / "I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Chukazu: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bisi Akande, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says the presidential system of government Nigeria is practising can no longer sustain its growth and success.

Akande made the remark while addressing a news conference in his country home, Ila, Osun state as part of activities to mark his 79th birthday.

He said multi-party parliamentary democracy was the best form of government for Nigeria if it wanted to catch up with the rest of the civilised world.

Akande, a former governor, said the American democracy system of multi-party presidentialism was too complicated and costly for a country of poor people with large illiteracy rate like Nigeria.

According to him, the Nigerian nation is currently running a difficult government under an unworkable set up.

“President Buhari is my friend and I want him to succeed but he is running a difficult system of government,” he said.

“Nigeria’s democracy is a military democracy of sharing and if we continue like this, there is no how we can succeed.

“Up to this present age, evidence-based analyses has proven parliamentary democracy to be the most accountable transparent form of government in the whole world.”

He said parliamentary democracy had helped countries like the United Kingdom rich, stable and respected globally and also made Israel very strong economically and militarily.

“It is also transforming India from acute poverty and hunger into self sufficiency and reliability virtually in all fields,” he said.

“Apart from being transparent and accountable, parliamentary democracy is absolutely inclusive.

“It appears to be the best form of governmental structure for Nigeria now.”

Akande, a former governor of Osun state, maintained that anything less accountable and transparent would not help the development of the country.

https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-running-mili/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Make una tell am, make him hear, this is not 1983 or 1985, this 2018, 2019 na flush out useless dullard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Lekan111(m): 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Everybody knows that something has to be done fast.
but hope we can't succeed is not the same as we can win in 2019?
Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Kalapizim(m): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
If you called the last president kindergarten, what will you call your friend now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Nogodye(m): 11:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
Speaking the truth...tho!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Paperwhite(m): 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
Guess you have mouth to yap about before but what about now that Buhari have turned the real monster that you know him before?
A good thing is that all who have a hand in enthroning this catastrophe of a president were well aware of his antecedents but still went ahead with their ill-minded thinking.
Same way Nazis hailed on Hitler till he led Germany to destruction.To give monkey water is not the problem but how to collect the cup back.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by dangermouse(m): 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Dear Buhari, now that you have turned this country to a burial ground, what do you have for us in 2019?
I have already come to conclude with my few sane friends that when we get old, we will tell our children the story of the Buhari regime with tears in our eyes exactly the way our parents told us about the Biafran war.
We will tell them these stories with fear still in our voices. With dread in our gestures and pain in our hearts.
When my children ask me the mistake of my generation I will tell them that having Buhari as the number one man of the country made this country the number one in terrorism in Africa. Number one in economic epilepsy. Number one in incompetence.

Years ago, Nigerians forgot that a devil was a devil regardless of how less it was. They didn’t know that a lesser devil had the higher tendency to become the greatest devil of all times.
I remember people cursing Jonathan and calling him a woman. I remember them saying they wanted a man to be their president.
I wondered why people were mad.
We all know how we all preferred our mothers to our fathers while growing up.
Nigerians preferred daddy Buhari to Mummy Jonathan.
Now, we can’t even go outside and play or see our friends without being killed by herdsmen.
The other day, people who were coming from a cross over service were killed like chickens. Humans.
People who had plans for this year.
People who must have cried their eyes out in church telling God that this year must be their year… It would later be their year of death.
Buhari’s campaign promises are online. Look for them and read.
Nothing is the only thing he has achieved!! Nothing.
When Nigerians were carrying American elections on their heads saying that Donald Trump was so unpresidential.
I shook my head because this was coming from citizens of a country whose president by all standards isn’t fit for the post of a human being.
We have a president who didn’t go to school. It’s not as if school is a must because I haven’t gone to any. But, considering the fact that you are leading the country that masquerades as the giant of Africa, it is rather insulting.
A president who asked on air “Flease, what is inkwlusive gwovernment”
We may think this doesn’t matter because we have food in our homes, we have small change to buy fuel in our cars and generators of course. But. It does matter.
Our economy has gone down.
In fact, everyday you walk around in this country, the economy is what you are walking on.
Human beings died in Benue state.
People like me and you. People with family. With wives and husband. People with boyfriend and girlfriend. People with hopes and dreams.
They died because they were in Nigeria.
That is exactly what killed them.
A country where you are asleep and some lactating imbeciles who call themselves herdsmen waltz into your house and slit your throat and that of your families and go free.
Like, they are freer than me.
The president of this country didn’t go to the state. Of course it is not his son or daughter.
Let’s say he has leg pain and can’t travel.
Why didn’t he send someone to go on his behalf?
Nobody from the federal government was present. Such negligence!
This was the same state he went to when he was scampering for votes.
He even hypocritically wore their traditional outfit and posed for the camera and the gram.
Now, he doesn’t care about them again.
What other act can define gross wickedness than this?
Maybe the fact that he has been looking for corruption everywhere in the country not knowing that his son was a king pin of corruption.
Buying a bike that costs millions and millions of Naira that obviously can save the lives of millions of suffering Nigerians.
Yusuf bought ordinary okada with such huge money and had the guts to go outside to do inter house sports with fuel that his fellow Nigerians were sleeping in gas stations for.
Height of insensitivity!
This man who didn’t go to any school is sitting at Aso rock laughing at all of us with our big English and certificate.
Buhari ignored common sense and gave portfolios to dead people. I mean, dead people.
The money that is needed by living people is what he siphoned for the dead.
Dead people get alerts.
Only in Nigeria.
My problem is that now that he has successfully made Nigeria a burial ground of hopes, dreams and humans. I wonder what he wants in 2019.
I just wonder.
The time table for the elections have been released by the federal government.
And just like in secondary school: When time table appear in the board. People like me start to borrow notes to copy or photocopy. Everybody gets serious and busy.
Very soon, they will print shirts and cars and lorries for the election.
And come with a slogan that we will all fall for again.
And when he wins again, we are in trouble.
We all know how second rounds all look like and feel.
The only way we can avoid this madness is to keep our senses in tact otherwise, ….
To you Buhari. If you ever read this, understand this one thing.
You have failed!
You made people who trusted in you start to have trust issues!
You folded the economy of this country and put in your back pocket!
Have mercy on people!!!
Please!
Finally, you have failed an entire generation.
History never forgets.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Generalkaycee(m): 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Truth be told, Buhari is nobody's friend... He's a beast

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Babeboy1: 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Buhari, you have failed. APC is a failure

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by dunkem21(m): 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Professor in wailing cheesy Zombies will roast you alive today grin

Modath, wake up! You lots have murdered sleep angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by femolacqua(m): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
Finally someone who is saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Ever8054: 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
Oga.......bisi akande.....you nailed it,..one sex doll for you sir....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by dunkem21(m): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ever8054:
Oga.......bisi akande.....you nailed it,..one sex doll for you sir....

Hahahaha cheesy
Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by dunkem21(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
dangermouse:

Dear Buhari, now that you have turned this country to a burial ground, what do you have for us in 2019?
I have already come to conclude with my few sane friends that when we get old, we will tell our children the story of the Buhari regime with tears in our eyes exactly the way our parents told us about the Biafran war.
We will tell them these stories with fear still in our voices. With dread in our gestures and pain in our hearts.
When my children ask me the mistake of my generation I will tell them that having Buhari as the number one man of the country made this country the number one in terrorism in Africa. Number one in economic epilepsy. Number one in incompetence.

Years ago, Nigerians forgot that a devil was a devil regardless of how less it was. They didn’t know that a lesser devil had the higher tendency to become the greatest devil of all times.
I remember people cursing Jonathan and calling him a woman. I remember them saying they wanted a man to be their president.
I wondered why people were mad.
We all know how we all preferred our mothers to our fathers while growing up.
Nigerians preferred daddy Buhari to Mummy Jonathan.
Now, we can’t even go outside and play or see our friends without being killed by herdsmen.
The other day, people who were coming from a cross over service were killed like chickens. Humans.
People who had plans for this year.
People who must have cried their eyes out in church telling God that this year must be their year… It would later be their year of death.
Buhari’s campaign promises are online. Look for them and read.
Nothing is the only thing he has achieved!! Nothing.
When Nigerians were carrying American elections on their heads saying that Donald Trump was so unpresidential.
I shook my head because this was coming from citizens of a country whose president by all standards isn’t fit for the post of a human being.
We have a president who didn’t go to school. It’s not as if school is a must because I haven’t gone to any. But, considering the fact that you are leading the country that masquerades as the giant of Africa, it is rather insulting.
A president who asked on air “Flease, what is inkwlusive gwovernment”
We may think this doesn’t matter because we have food in our homes, we have small change to buy fuel in our cars and generators of course. But. It does matter.
Our economy has gone down.
In fact, everyday you walk around in this country, the economy is what you are walking on.
Human beings died in Benue state.
People like me and you. People with family. With wives and husband. People with boyfriend and girlfriend. People with hopes and dreams.
They died because they were in Nigeria.
That is exactly what killed them.
A country where you are asleep and some lactating imbeciles who call themselves herdsmen waltz into your house and slit your throat and that of your families and go free.
Like, they are freer than me.
The president of this country didn’t go to the state. Of course it is not his son or daughter.
Let’s say he has leg pain and can’t travel.
Why didn’t he send someone to go on his behalf?
Nobody from the federal government was present. Such negligence!
This was the same state he went to when he was scampering for votes.
He even hypocritically wore their traditional outfit and posed for the camera and the gram.
Now, he doesn’t care about them again.
What other act can define gross wickedness than this?
Maybe the fact that he has been looking for corruption everywhere in the country not knowing that his son was a king pin of corruption.
Buying a bike that costs millions and millions of Naira that obviously can save the lives of millions of suffering Nigerians.
Yusuf bought ordinary okada with such huge money and had the guts to go outside to do inter house sports with fuel that his fellow Nigerians were sleeping in gas stations for.
Height of insensitivity!
This man who didn’t go to any school is sitting at Aso rock laughing at all of us with our big English and certificate.
Buhari ignored common sense and gave portfolios to dead people. I mean, dead people.
The money that is needed by living people is what he siphoned for the dead.
Dead people get alerts.
Only in Nigeria.
My problem is that now that he has successfully made Nigeria a burial ground of hopes, dreams and humans. I wonder what he wants in 2019.
I just wonder.
The time table for the elections have been released by the federal government.
And just like in secondary school: When time table appear in the board. People like me start to borrow notes to copy or photocopy. Everybody gets serious and busy.
Very soon, they will print shirts and cars and lorries for the election.
And come with a slogan that we will all fall for again.
And when he wins again, we are in trouble.
We all know how second rounds all look like and feel.
The only way we can avoid this madness is to keep our senses in tact otherwise, ….
To you Buhari. If you ever read this, understand this one thing.
You have failed!
You made people who trusted in you start to have trust issues!
You folded the economy of this country and put in your back pocket!
Have mercy on people!!!
Please!
Finally, you have failed an entire generation.
History never forgets.

Save your long wailing for the D-day, young man. ..Gnash your teeth in silence and let's blame GEJ, SHEPOPOTAMUS or better still IPOB tongue
Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by dunkem21(m): 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
Kalapizim:
If you called the last president kindergarten, what will you call your friend now.

Maybe Sarrki will know grin
Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by annnikky(f): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2018
Truth is bitter buh u've to say it. This govt is big failure to Nigeria no good road, the economy is in bad shape, no light and some people are still endorsing him for 2019... Chai... Wahala dey oo undecided

Analog presido grin
Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by Okanokan(m): 2:24am On Jan 18, 2018
You've failed already.
Re: Buhari Is My Friend But We Can't Succeed If We Continue Like This-Bisi Akande by 4kDdullard: 5:49am On Jan 18, 2018
Afonja muslim pigs will come for your head sir

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Other Candidates Afraid To Contest Against Buhari? / 6 Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Ojukwu / Herdsmen Killings: Let Bygones Be Bygones – Miyetti Allah Beg Buhari,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.