|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,056,014 members, 4,424,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 03:27 PM
|Irrigation And Operational Maintenance Course by IndepthResearch: 8:06am On Jan 18|
Event: Irrigation and Operational Maintenance Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 19th – 23rd February 2018.
Irrigation can be used to produce outcomes in terms of crop production. Irrigation schemes may also have other outcomes. It is now playing a more important role in agriculture than ever before. However, depending on the climate, the value of the plants or animals, the value of the land and it's suitability for irrigation, the cost, reliability and quality of the water supply, irrigation may or may not be possible or feasible.
Irrigation may enable plants (i.e. crops, pasture) to be grown in a dry climate where it would not otherwise be possible, or it may supplement the existing rainfall and improve growth rates by extending the growth period of the plant, or by ensuring there is adequate moisture during critical periods when the plant is growing most rapidly. The value of irrigation can vary greatly from year to year depending on the distribution of rainfall during the growth season. This training course therefore is intended to guide the participants on developing and maintaining sustainable irrigation systems.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
• Understand the significance of soil in irrigation
• Gain knowledge on how to determine when to irrigate in a small scale situation
• Gain insight on how to manage an irrigation system in a given situation
• Select an appropriate irrigation system for a given situation
• Explain the principles of design for a simple irrigation system
• Design a simple irrigation system
• Gain skills on monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of an irrigation system
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to Irrigation systems
• Irrigation Essentials
• Irrigation System Design
• Irrigation Development
• Irrigation Management
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
• Food Security Analysis Course
• Agro Entrepreneurship & Market Facilitation Course
• Livelihoods Assessment and Analysis Course
• Gender Approaches to Agricultural Extension Practices Course
The most popular courses
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
• Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
• Disaster Risk Reduction Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Strategic Financial Management Course
View Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Livelihoods Development Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 12th February 2018. Send proof of payment to email@example.com
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54