Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries (784 Views)

The Misconception We Had About Tilapia Farming, That Must Changed In 2021(pix) / The Misconception We Had About Tilapia Farming, That Must Changed In 2021 / How FG, World Bank Disappoint FADAMA/GUYS Beneficiaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries by Harlarbiz01(m): 8:46am On Jan 18, 2018
[sub][/sub]OGUN MITROS RICE

Wrong insinuations bothering around MITROS RICE has dominated social media space for some days but one wonders the need for it

In all honesty, one finds it somehow hard to come to terms as to what the initiator of those negative campaigns tends to gain. First it was that the rice didn't exist at all that the rice that formed Pyramid were bought and re-bagged and now that there was no rice but its sand that were being stuffed into the bags and presented to the people as rice.

I was surprised seeing some people sharing or commending people that put those falsified information up without taken their time to find out whether there was rice or not. This is very disturbing in a state that is as educationally advanced as Ogun State, its expected that we, at least, seek for right information instead of joining people to spread wrong ones.

I am one of the young farmer that planted rice at Igbogila. I planted two hectares of land. Some other people planted at Eegua while others planted at Sawonjo. There are 5 to 10 people in each of the groups/cooperative we formed depending on the capacities of members to deliver. Government did well by allocating land to us, ploughed it, gave us rice seedlings, assisted us with fertilizer and so many other things, all at highly subsidized rate to encourage us. It may interest you to know that Government also bought the rice from us.

The only cost on us was those people we brought on board to assist us in planting and do monitoring when we are not on the farm because of birds and some other miscellaneous expenses.

It need be said that When I first got the information, I had even thought, I got the opportunity given the privileged position I occupied as the Ogun State Secretary of the National Youth Council of Nigeria but later find out it was thrown open to all, with little condition that you take it in group/ cooperative to serve as means to charge us to get the work done on time. I shared the information widely on many platforms but unfortunately not so many people turned up, only for them to later realized that the project was real and the government really meant well.

Its important our people seek for information instead of unnecessarily ditching out wrong ones thereby misleading the public.

As a Stakeholder in Ogun State project from the youth sector, I think the Ogun State government under the leadership of Senator Amosun need to be commended for the initiative rather than all this one day one lie we read all around.

The reallocation of the land (second session), I was told by our Coordinator, will soon start, if you're interested in being a rice farmer, contact the people incharge instead of unnecessarily disturbing the public peace.

Abdul-Jabar Ayelaagbe is my name, a proud son of Ilaro Yewa

Re: Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries by saliubello(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
Do you know the company that is the consultant to the government on the rice project?? I really need the information badly..

Mitros rice II
Re: Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries by Xyzee: 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2018
This is an all time low.

Why would a Governor deliberately set out to deceive people in this way?

This shithole is finished

Lalasticlala

Re: Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries by saliubello(m): 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2018
Xyzee:
This is an all time low.

Why would a Governor deliberately set out to deceive people in this way?

This shithole is finished

Lalasticlala
a friend shared this image with me.. however, condemned we think it, all I see is the good side, the money to be made, the possibilities of farming and growing our own food especially rice.. We can. Yes we can. We can do away with the imported rice.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State MITROS Rice Misconception explained By One Of The Beneficiaries by excellentj4teal(m): 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
Harlarbiz01:
[sub][/sub]OGUN MITROS RICE

Wrong insinuations bothering around MITROS RICE has dominated social media space for some days but one wonders the need for it

In all honesty, one finds it somehow hard to come to terms as to what the initiator of those negative campaigns tends to gain. First it was that the rice didn't exist at all that the rice that formed Pyramid were bought and re-bagged and now that there was no rice but its sand that were being stuffed into the bags and presented to the people as rice.

I was surprised seeing some people sharing or commending people that put those falsified information up without taken their time to find out whether there was rice or not. This is very disturbing in a state that is as educationally advanced as Ogun State, its expected that we, at least, seek for right information instead of joining people to spread wrong ones.

I am one of the young farmer that planted rice at Igbogila. I planted two hectares of land. Some other people planted at Eegua while others planted at Sawonjo. There are 5 to 10 people in each of the groups/cooperative we formed depending on the capacities of members to deliver. Government did well by allocating land to us, ploughed it, gave us rice seedlings, assisted us with fertilizer and so many other things, all at highly subsidized rate to encourage us. It may interest you to know that Government also bought the rice from us.

The only cost on us was those people we brought on board to assist us in planting and do monitoring when we are not on the farm because of birds and some other miscellaneous expenses.

It need be said that When I first got the information, I had even thought, I got the opportunity given the privileged position I occupied as the Ogun State Secretary of the National Youth Council of Nigeria but later find out it was thrown open to all, with little condition that you take it in group/ cooperative to serve as means to charge us to get the work done on time. I shared the information widely on many platforms but unfortunately not so many people turned up, only for them to later realized that the project was real and the government really meant well.

Its important our people seek for information instead of unnecessarily ditching out wrong ones thereby misleading the public.

As a Stakeholder in Ogun State project from the youth sector, I think the Ogun State government under the leadership of Senator Amosun need to be commended for the initiative rather than all this one day one lie we read all around.

The reallocation of the land (second session), I was told by our Coordinator, will soon start, if you're interested in being a rice farmer, contact the people incharge instead of unnecessarily disturbing the public peace.

Abdul-Jabar Ayelaagbe is my name, a proud son of Ilaro Yewa

Please how can I get this rice in Ogun state.... I am in Ogere

(1) (Reply)

BULLDOZER AND PLOUGHING MACHINE FOR HIRE / Garri For Sale / Authentic & Independent Soyabeans Suppliers Needed. Not Agents Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.