Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP (31166 Views)

2023: Na’abba, Agbakoba, Utomi, Ezekwesili, Float New Political Movement / 2019: Atiku, Duke, Ezekwesili Shun Signing Of Peace Accord / 2019: Obasanjo, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Ojukwu, Others Form Mega Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by waveman2: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
Wat is this one saying?

JMOB:
Nigerians wise up...i see no difference btw this group and APC, APC was formed to stand against PDP,yet we are complaining...we are not done with the mess PDP created..you guys want to return to square one where they will start blaming APC for their own inability to perform if they eventually gain power come 2019...pls let APC finish wat they started..These people are another group of scavengers looking to fat their bank accounts..
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
...with just one year to election time, i just don't see how this new group can be effective in debating the political course of Nigeria. Then should have been in operating since beginning of 2017 so as to have gained enough momentum this year 2018, before the election year of 2019.

...i wish them all the luck under heaven in their quest to determine the new political landscape in 2019....

1 Like

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by blessingsonflee(f): 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2018
Humility017:

with that DP you're a goddess...
you school in uniben?
without the Dp nkor?. Lol... Yh.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by degamemaster(m): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
Good combination if you ask me but I don't think they have enough time to evangelize to the grassroots.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MrPristine: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
dunkem21:

Do you think 30m registered Kano voters will vote for Donald Duke?

Wake up!

Where did Kano get 30m registered voters from Abeg stop all these silly lies and propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MrPristine: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
degamemaster:
Good combination if you ask me but I don't think they have enough time to evangelize to the grassroots.

Majority of Nigerians are really disillusioned with the status quo of pdp and apc. They are yearning for a real change and any formidable movement can easily sway the votes away from the establishment.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by Humility017(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
blessingsonflee:
without the Dp nkor?. Lol... Yh.
you're still a goddess...
will like to get to know you....
what's your course of study?
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by degamemaster(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
MrPristine:

Majority of Nigerians are really disillusioned with the status quo of pdp and apc. They are yearning for a real change and any formidable movement can easily sway the votes away from the establishment.
I agree with. With the rate of hardship and hunger in the land which have created and raised more political awareness and consciousness in the people, I think something drastic is about to happen politically. Let's keep the hands crossed and watch how it will unfold.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MrPristine: 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
dunkem21:

Wake up!

Where did Kano get 30m registered voters from Abeg stop all these silly lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by dunkem21(m): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
MrPristine:

It was an exaggeration for an example.. OK, where will Donald get 30m votes to win an election?
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
grin
nwakibie3:
Nigeria Intervention Movement (NIM), which has former Cross River State governor, Donald Duke, former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Charles Soludo, Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Olisa Agbakoba, Tafawa Balewa, and Prof. Pat Utomi, as members, has vowed to rescue Nigeria in 2019.

The group said it would be providing an alternative to the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Former Education minister, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili is also a member of the group, including former Information minister, Frank Nweke Jnr, Col. Abubakar Umar (retd), Ayo Obe, Rabiu Ishyaku Rabiu, former presidential adviser, Akin Osuntokun.

A statement from the NIM secretariat in Abuja, yesterday, described the group as a pro-democracy movement and pressure group of like-minded Nigerians who are committed to changing the political order, which has failed to fashion a Nigeria that works for all.

“NIM is concerned that the political elite, since independence, and particularly, since the exit of the military from visible power in 1999, has proved that it is ill-equipped and unprepared for the challenge of transforming our nation from its under-developed status to one that is prosperous and can create a veritable environment for the realisation of its citizens’ potentials and well-being.

“It is clear that the political elite, as currently represented by the two dominant political parties, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressive Congress (APC), among others, have failed Nigerians, for lack of clear Ideology and principle on how to run the country.

“Concerned that left to their schemes and antics, this class of entrenched leaders will lead Nigeria into a state of indescribable human misery, characterised by death, hunger, disease, illiteracy and manipulation.

“Therefore, the NIM, being unable to continue to stand aloof, has decided to create a third political force, a platform to mobilise all citizens of goodwill and conscience towards engendering a new political system and culture in Nigeria, capable of bringing about the desired opportunities for all to actualise their dreams and potentialities; a nation where no man or group is oppressed.”

The statement noted that to drive NIM’s vision are: Dr. Olisa Agbakoba (Co-Chair); Dr. Jhalil Tafawa Balewa (Co-Chair); Professor Pat Utomi (Deputy Chair); Rabiu Ishyaku Rabiu (Deputy Chair); Comrade Isah Aremu (Deputy Chair) and Chief Akin Osuntokun (Deputy Chair).

Other officers include Hajia Aisha Aliyu (Women Leader), Mr Dayo Israel (Youth Leader), Dr Osagie Obayuwana (Legal Adviser), Hajia Shetu Alfa Ibrahim (Treasurer), Mallam Naseer Kura (Publicity Secretary), Col. Abubakar Umar Dangiwa (Ex -Officio), Dr Oby Ezekwesili (Ex -Officio) and Mrs Ayo Obe (Ex-Officio), Sir Olawale Okunniyi (National Secretary/Director General).

Chairmen of standing committees are: Mr Donald Duke (Finance Committee); Prof Jibrin Ibrahim (Ideology Commission); Comrade Najeem Usman (Political Commission); Mallam Tanko Yinusa (Mobilisation); Mr Wale Ajani (Students & Youth); Mr Taiwo Akinola (Diaspora Commission); Mr Tony Uranta (Strategy & Engagement) and Mallam Shittu Kabir (Contact/Logistics).

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/18/2019-duke-ezekwesili-agbakoba-utomi-new-alliance-battle-apc-pdp/

They will be lucky if they get upto 12k votes in 2019.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by ProjectNaija(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
dunkem21:

It was an exaggeration for an example.. OK, where will Donald get 30m votes to win an election?

He doesn't need 30 million votes to win but he will certainly get it with the right strategies in place.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by Sagay212: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
dunkem21:

Wake up!

Who gives a phuck about 30 million kano voters. Is it not the same govt they voted for that is killing them left , right and centre? Let the whole of kano and the North vote for the buhari and let the whole of the South vote for Duke and let all of us know once and for all that we are not together. Let the abo.kis lose power and see if They'll still want one Nigeria. The free money they are getting is the only reason they are shouting one naija
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.
They have started with that step and will eventually become powerful enough to wrestle with the useless apc and PDP parties.

And as long as Donald Duke and other sensible Nigerians are there, they have my vote.

No more to illiterate leaders.
No more to useless corrupt leaders
they all took part in the corruption
Same noni
Just better grammarians
Never again b deceived by messiahs
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
4FACEADELEKE:
its a nice combination, the question is can they take over power come 2019?if there can't there should not divide votes,cos that will give Buhari an edge to triumph strongly in the north. The northners we know from history vote based on religious and ethnic affiliations.
yeah like they voted against àwo and abiola and Jonathan first term
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Sagay212:

Who gives a phuck about 30 million kano voters. Is it not the same govt they voted for that is killing them left , right and centre? Let the whole of kano and the North vote for the buhari and let the whole of the South vote for Duke and let all of us know once and for all that we are not together. Let the abo.kis lose power and see if They'll still want one Nigeria. The free money they are getting is the only reason they are shouting one naija
they work hard for that free money
They deserve it
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
cescky:

Lol
True
But they have a worthy and virtuous cause, kudos and all the best to them.

Their polished people unfortunately...most n nairalanders cheesy , I mean Nigerians aren't polished and will vote along ethnic and religious lines
most human beings vote along money lines
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by dunkem21(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
ProjectNaija:

He doesn't need 30 million votes to win but he will certainly get it with the right strategies in place.

You know nothing about politics and numbers.

Why won't Donald Duke contest under PDP?
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
They shouldnt come and scatter votes now oo and give Buhari an edge ..Remember the goal is to send Buhari out
and replace with who
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
Milonis:
Anything with Obizeks is a joke
y do u say so
She was brilliant as an ordinary director, as minister for education and solid minerals and as bbog campaigner. She because she no follow tif

1 Like

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
Walexybobo:
Each and everyone of them are fighting for their own pocket.what a YEYE people!
Buhari did more than this when he was crying for our votes only to see him bringing his fulanis brothers to rule over us.
Reginal system of goverment or u call it restructuring is our solution in nigeria.
we already have 36 àbí 774 regions.what have u done with it. Or is ur gov or senator or minister a fulani
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by Sagay212: 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
they work hard for that free money
They deserve it

What work do they do exactly? I am not sure you understand what you are saying.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by JMOB(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
waveman2:

Wat is this one saying?

READ WELL..GUESS YOU ARE SEEING
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
middlebelter:

Oby is an intelligent woman. If we are to be honest with ourselves, I we need intelligent, I honest and hard working people.
It appears to me that the cream of people in this group if they plan well, can take Nigeria to the promised to land.
apart from oby and maybe soludo all the rest are failures
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by donnie(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
This is the type of party I've been waiting for.
Please count me in!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by donnie(m): 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
apart from oby and maybe soludo all the rest are failures

See your life...so it is Tinubu abi Buhari that is a success?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by Walexybobo(m): 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
we already have 36 àbí 774 regions.what have u done with it. Or is ur gov or senator or minister a fulani
36 states 774 LG nt region, proudly omo yoruba.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by TheKingIsHere: 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

I did not vote for Buhari.

Neither will I follow Oby on Twitter

What Nigeria needs is a revolution!

The movement they have formed is still the re-cycling of those that have being there before and offered Nigerians little or nothing!

Leaders are born and not made!

Yes, what Nigeria needs is revolution. So what stops you from starting that revolution?
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
Sagay212:

What work do they do exactly? I am not sure you understand what you are saying.
they campaign
They lie
They cheat
They steal
The rub their family name in mud
They fight for their share (and urs since ure not interested) of national cake
Midnight meetings
Cult join
Thug fighting
What do you do?
Throw insult in nairaland?
It is you who doesn't know what I'm saying or what you're saying for that matter
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by TheKingIsHere: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
they all took part in the corruption
Same noni
Just better grammarians
Never again b deceived by messiahs

So what do you suggest?
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by Sagay212: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
they campaign
They lie
They cheat
They steal
The rub their family name in mud
They fight for their share (and urs since ure not interested) of national cake
Midnight meetings
Cult join
Thug fighting
What do you do?
Throw insult in nairaland?
It is you who doesn't know what I'm saying or what you're saying for that matter

Oga you are not good at being sarcastic....next time just express yourself in a straight forward many so you don't appear confused. This is not the joke section.
Re: 2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
Sagay212:

Oga you are not good at being sarcastic....next time just express yourself in a straight forward many so you don't appear confused. This is not the joke section.
a beg swerve
Just say u have nothing to say
They work hard
If e easy y u no join dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Troops Kill 73 ISWAP Terrorists; Capture 44 AK 47 Rifles, 7 Anti-Aircraft Guns / Phase1 Of Nigeria- Morocco Gas Pipeline Project Nears Completion. PICTURES. / You Are A Barefaced Treasury Looter - PDP To Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.