Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation (3191 Views)

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / Ojukwu’s Family Denies Relationship With ‘son’ Of Biafran Warlord / Emotional Moment As Daughter Of Late Biafran Warlord, Odumegwu Ojukwu, Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by Edna10000(f): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
As shared by a facebook user

This gun was excavated from my yard. It was used by my dad during the Biafra war. Before the fall of Mbaise in 1971, he trekked from delta state to his home town.

In fear of Nigerian soldiers who move from house to house in search of Biafra materials and weapons and to kill or amputate any Biafra soldier found. He buried his gun, and other materials in the middle of the night.

After the fall of Mbaise he fled . when he came back he was unable to know were he buried his materials because of environmental change. But during building excavation, today being 14/1/2018, after 47years of burial, the gun of a biafran gorilla warrior resurfaced and he felt once more like a gallant soldier.

After awhile, he shade tears and told the old stories which we will tell our children.
#Biafra_51years_after
#Biafran_lives_forever

SEE MORE PICTURES HERE http://www.gistblog.tk/2018/01/buried-gun-of-biafran-warlord-exhumed.html?m=1

6 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by MicheyJ1: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
I'm sure that is locally made. These Igbo people are very talented.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by FarahAideed: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
MicheyJ1:

No its German , thats a Heckler & Koch G3 Assault Rifle

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by python1: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
Abeg make una no kee me with laff. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by cursedAbiola(f): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
your dad is brave indeed cool

as for the gun
a thorough lubrication will get it back to life

or just sell it to museums

if na for USA you for don hammer for that gun because you can sell it something like $300, 000

7 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by three: 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
#NeverAgain

May this Nation never see war.

(#NeverAgain will we elect inept self serving, corrupt, clueless, vengeful ethnic champions as leaders in any capacity in this Nation - it is they who stir the arms which sound the drums of war by their very actions and inactions)

2 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by zendy: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nice one, my dad was also an ex Biafran Soldier who also buried his gun. Many years later when he went back to same place, everywhere was over grown with trees snd weeds and he could no longer remember where he buried his own

3 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by meccuno: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
cursedAbiola:
your dad is brave indeed cool

as for the gun
a thorough lubrication will get it back to life

or just sell it to museums

if na for USA you for don hammer for that gun because you can sell it something like $300, 000
shocked shocked
Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by Mynd44: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
MicheyJ1:

5 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by ipodstinks: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
MicheyJ1:

1 Like

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by kettykings: 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
is the discovery of where these Guns were buried at a time like this symbolic , God help his people , Amen !!!
Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by chuksp09(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

Na so!

2 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by IamLaura(f): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
kettykings:
is the discovery of where these Guns were buried at a time like this symbolic , God help his people , Amen !!!
Abeg go and sit down,I really hate the way all you these religious people reason.
Always seeing meanings into every slightest thing and ignoring the actual facts when they are glaring.
Finding an Old lost gun is supposed to be a symbolic sign of doom for Nigeria,but how about the bloodbath going on in this country for a long time now?Fulani herdsmen?Boko haram?Ritual Killings?

2 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by Amarabae(f): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nice one.
The struggle continues until freedom is achieved. wink wink
Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by IamLaura(f): 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Back to the topic,if Nigeria was a country that actually valued its history that gun would be taken to a museum and the owners will be compensated but you know that's never going to happen.
The entire family may even get arrested and locked up for the fact that their dad was a biafran soldier grin

4 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by jpphilips(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Your father must be a ghost to have fought his own civil war in 1971

5 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by jpphilips(m): 6:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

looks like a belgian FN FAL rifle

1 Like

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by Nutase: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by vicben27(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
the horrible memories of war! my dad was a soldier too back in the days! he never wants to talk about those war times! he had to leav the nigerian army after that. He is Old and Resting now!
Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by MetroBaba1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

I Can See You Deal On Weapons.

Fine One From You There..

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by RareDiamonds: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nice One
Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
MicheyJ1:

1 Like

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Your dad, Ojukwu and Kanu have something in common.

Let me give you 2 clues "Usain Bolt".... "Abidjan" tongue

3 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by PearlStreet(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
So, your father ran and buried his gun?

Brave people of Biafra sha. Never committed to anything, never achieved anything.
I just hope you didn't inherit his cowardice.

2 Likes

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
MasterKim:
Igbos and running grin
Ojukwu ran like a woman in iro and bubu with heavy make up grin
Kanu pass backyard run wit in tail between in leg grin
Op father run, drop in gun like woman. Kum dey pose for picture like shina Rambo grin

Let me complete the sentence.....

"....after war don finish teytey".... grin

That's why they always win 100M

I started laughing when i saw "in fear of" and "flee"
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation by MasterKim: 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Let me complete the sentence.....

"....after war don finish teytey".... grin

That's why they always win 100M

I started laughing when i saw "in fear of" and "flee"
cheesy
usain bolt mother is from awka south grin
That's why he likes running
PearlStreet:
So, your father ran and buried his gun?

Brave people of Biafra sha. Never committed to anything, never achieved anything.
I just hope you didn't inherit his cowardice.
The thing runs through the whole tribe.
Running!
Ojukwu, kanu,... So many

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? / Two Things I Noticed Since Buhari Came Into Power Which Calls For Concern / I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.