Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) (698 Views)

Jessica Cox: Meet The First Armless Pilot That Flies Plane With Her Feet / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / This Is How Human Waste Is Evacuated From An Aeroplane. (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by Oluwolex2000(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Source - .COM

Jessica Cox, was born in the year 1983 without arms. while she used prosthetic limbs as a kid growing up, she eventually abandoned them to learn how to use her feet to perform daily tasks.

She seems to have perfected the use of her feet as has gone ahead to become the world’s first licensed armless pilot and she flies aeroplanes with her feet.

Mrs Cox is said able to drive a car without any special modification done to the car, she can type on a keyboard and at the same time plays the piano perfectly, constantly proving that her disability would not hold her back.

Jessica in a speech said:

‘Naturally people saw me not having arms as a limiting factor – but I was there to prove them wrong.

‘At three years old I was involved in gymnastics, at six I started tap dancing lessons, I did modelling, I swam at five, 10-years-old I was doing Tae Kwon Do, I did every activity you could imagine.’

‘There’s nothing that can substitute the tactile ability of flesh and bone – and my feet have that ability,’

Jessica Cox graduated from the University of Arizona in 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a minor in communications.

Cox has not used prosthetic arms since she turned 14. Using her feet as most people use their hands, she is able, among other things, to drive an unmodified car with an unrestricted license, to type on a keyboard at 25 words per minute, to pump her own gas, and to put in and remove her contact lenses.

Jessica Cox flew in a single engine airplane for the first time via Wright Flight in 2005. Cox earned her pilot’s certificate on October 10, 2008, after three years of training, and is qualified to fly a light-sport aircraft to altitudes of 10,000 feet. She received her flight training through an Able Flight scholarship and soloed under the instruction of Parrish Traweek. She was the first armless woman to achieve this feat.

At the age of 10, Jessica Cox began training in taekwondo at a school in her home town of Sierra Vista. By the time she clocked 14, she had earned her first black belt.

While in college at the University of Arizona Cox restarted her taekwondo training at an American Taekwondo Association club on campus. In an effort to help future armless students, the instructors created an entire training curriculum by modifying the standard material from the ATA.

Cox is the subject of the documentary Right Footed. The film is directed by Emmy Award winning filmmaker Nick Spark.

The documentary chronicles Cox’ life, mentorship, humanitarian trips to Ethiopia and the Philippines, as well as her efforts to pass the CRPD in the US Senate.

More Photos: http://www..com/2018/01/meet-first-armless-woman-to-fly.html

Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by princechurchill(m): 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Wow simply amazing
But am not flying with you
Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by verygudbadguy(m): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
Disability is a matter of perception.
Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by Homeboiy: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
No lie tongue
Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Is this some Sought of joke or a film trick?
Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
God is great!

You wey get complete body, wey dey sit down for house dey complain upandan, which excuse you get?

God bless her!
Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by dsocioemmy(m): 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
No..Thank you.I rather trek....
Re: Meet The First Armless Woman To Fly An Aeroplane With Her Feet (photo) by lifenajeje(m): 7:01am On Jan 19, 2018
In disability there is ability

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Do With Bae In Russia When You Take That World Cup Trip. / France Visa Enquiry. / MYSTERY! Two Strange Men Walked Into A Boeing 727, Flew It Off And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.