Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? (3361 Views)

The True Problem With The National Team / Fifa Discovers 4 Men Who Are Playing For Iran's Female National Team(picture) / Photo: A Man Playing For Iran Women National Team, See Number 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by gahanarule(m): 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2005
How did they get better than the Nigerian National team.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2005
No way.
Beside Suleman Mutairu and probably Essien others are average players.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by gahanarule(m): 3:04am On Dec 26, 2005
what you must be jokeing, have u heard about kuffor, appiah ,adusei, mensah, essah and the host of other players of the Ghana national team. Tell me one Nigerian player who can measure to any of those players.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by bagoma(f): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2005
gahanarule,
you make me laugh.
now think of this, the fact that i've not heard of those names u mentioned should pass the message loud and clear. they are not players of repute. known perhaps only by you. cool

maybe i have heard of kuffor somewhere but i dont know where. cheesy grin
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2005
@GhanaRule

While i respect Ghana so much but they've never been better than Nigeria Players.

I am an expert in African football with Nigeria and Ghana as area of speciality, i know virtually all Ghanian star players in the last 20years. ( You are free to ask me any questions. OK)

Ordinary Yakubu Aiyegbeni is better than any of your Striker. He has been a 20 goals-a season player for the past five years.

You mentioned few players in your post: I still maintain that beside Suleman Mutairu and my boy Michael Essien, others are Average players
1) Stephen Appiah is Ghanian team captain, used to be a good player, started with Hearts of Oak in Ghana, bundled out of Juventus now playing for a less fancied team in Fernabache .
2) Essien: Workhaholic football, currently plays for my team.Best footballer in French League last season, most expensive African footballer, BUT WHAT CAN A TREE DO IN A fOREST ?

Remember one of your greatest footballer of all time;Abdulrazak is a full blodied Nigeria. He is a Yoruba.

Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by gahanarule(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2005
MR.  Akolawole WELL I RESPECT UR OPINION BUT NO WAY IS NIGERIA BETTER THAN GHANA COME ON, THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER DONT U FORGET IN NIGERIA IS JOETEXT FRIMPONG. OH AND MR. bagoma THE REASON WHY U HAVENT HEARD OF ANY OF THOSE NAME IS THAT U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SOCCER. U MUST BE KIDING.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2005
Ghanian Frimpong is a good player but not the best player in Nigeria.

My Previous comment is not an opinion BUT a fact. Please prove me wrong.

Ghana won Nations cup more than any other Africa country with a record of five times. When was that? The last time they won was Libya 1982. Imagine 23 years ago, even Essien was not born then.

## Your comment on Bagoma is wrong. She actually said that in respect to out-of-form players like Kuffor and Appiah.###
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by bagoma(f): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2005
thank you Kola,
@ ghanarules
Its a pity u're in fantasyland, believing your players are so famous and skilful when in actual fact, they are over the hill.
by the way, its not MR bagoma. cool
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2005
Make I yarn?
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by c0dec(m): 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2005
this Akolawole guy, u just dey yarn anyhow.

personally, i believe if we play Ghana now, we might lose. Ghana isn't an average team anymore.

as per appiah, i guess u've never seen him play so u shouldn't even yarn. appiah is a very solid player and highly regarded at fenerbache. FYI, he wasn't bundled out of juve. he left because vieira came in (obvious). he left juve with his head held high and not because of loss of form.

kuffor is playing the game of his life at roma. he has become a roma favourite already so Akolawole get your facts right before u crucify. we don't have a defender as good as kuffor.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2005
But we do c0dec... his name is Yobo grin
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by c0dec(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2005
the same guy that was in the everton defense that conceeded 7 goals?
the same guy that was in the everton defense that just conceeded 8 goals in 2 games?
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2005
One and the same cool
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by MMK(m): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2005
But the better part of Kuffor had been used up in Bayern Munich
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2005
You registered here just to say that?

At least Kuffor has played in top teams. If there is an award for stupidity as footballers, it should go to the following Nigerian players: Olofinjana (turned down Monaco and the Champions League to play in Wolves), Yobo (turned down Arsenal and Juventus to go to Everton), Utaka (left Lens for Rennes)!

Let me not scatter-yarn here...
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 4:27am On Dec 30, 2005
@Code

You accused me of just yarning. Fine !

Appia is a solid player who left because of Viera

Kuffor is playing the game of his life at Roma.

My comments

For me i wont give personal attack but i will tell you what you dont know.
For Appiah, just read this : http://www.sportsafrique.net/news.html#_GHANA_CAPTAIN_APPIAH

For Kuffor : He was once a good player, he spends over ten years at Bayern, he had lost form.
You ask for any Nigeria player that can do his job, ordinary Abbey George will play better in that position

These are his honour:

Honours:
Intercontinantal Club Cup 2001
European Champions League Winner 2001
U17 World Champion 1991
U20 African Champion 1993
German National Champion 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003
German Cup Winner 1998, 2000, 2003
Ghana Player of the Year 1998, 1999, 2001
Ghana Athlete of the Year 2001
Runner-up African Player of the Year 1999, 2001

DID YOU SEE ANYTHING ON ROMA THERE ?
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by c0dec(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2005
so what point does that appiah link prove?
let me tell u how things work at juve. we keep our cards close to our chest.

It was decided that Vieira was coming to juve long before it was made public to the press. so appiah was going to be sold to make cash that would buy vieira. Appiah himself stated he wanted to go england but moggi was only looking for the best deal. the talk about mancini was just a smoke screen. it's something moggi does very well.
Juve is always linked to hundreds of players in the transfer market. most of which never wear the bianconeri shirt.

(clumsy) abbey george better than kuffor? what a laugh. your patriotism is making you sound ridiculous. there's no doubt, kuffor's best years are behind but he's still playing better than any nigerian defender i know at the moment.

Akolawole:

DID YOU SEE ANYTHING ON ROMA THERE ?

my guy, in case u don't know, kuffor has only spent half a season at roma so go figure.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2005
@ Codec
You are a Juve fan. Good

The link is for you to know Juve want to off-load him at all cost.

1) I am happy you admitted that Kuffors best years is behind in your last paragraph.

2) You said , you knew Viera will be coming to Juve. Can Arsenal fans help me to answer this guy please? Bagoma, Pie1ect Where are you.

What position does Osei Kuffor plays now? Right full back: you don't need a super Stars to play that , all these Eyinmba, shooting stars and flying eagles guys can play it easily.

Ques.
1) How many matches do Appiah played for you in the last two seasons?
Thank you.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by c0dec(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2005
Akolawole:

The link is for you to know Juve want to off-load him at all cost.
maybe u didn't understand. juve sells players to buy players.

Akolawole:

1) I am happy you admitted that Kuffors best years is behind in your last paragraph.
duh! everybody knows that.

Akolawole:

2) You said , you knew Viera will be coming to Juve. Can Arsenal fans help me to answer this guy please? Bagoma, Pie1ect Where are you.
i never said i knew.
"c0dec"]
It was decided that Vieira was coming to juve long before it was made public to the press.
[/quote]
i get my info from the press. duh!

[quote author=Akolawole:

What position does Osei Kuffor plays now? Right full back: you don't need a super Stars to play that , all these Eyinmba, shooting stars and flying eagles guys can play it easily.
this proves you haven't even seen kuffor play this season. panucci plays right back at roma. kuffour is a central defender. i guess you only read bbc sports news and statistics. try and watch the game, my friend.

Akolawole:

1) How many matches do Appiah played for you in the last two seasons?
i don't keep statistics. he was consistent in the 03/04 season. last season, he only started playing and i mean really playing well, towards the end of the season.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=98502&progr=0
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 1:18am On Dec 31, 2005
@ codec

Even though, we have gone off topic, but the whole world knows that Viera's sales is shocking and it is not privy to any press as you claimed.
You are accusing me of relying solely on BBC reports, instead of watching games. Not only do i watch live games, i do watch your Italian league as well([b] see post #44 of the thread "WILL CHELSEA WIN 2005 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...).
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 7:10am On Dec 31, 2005
I'm a member of Juventus's forum, and we all knew that Vieira was coming to Turin at least 4 days before the press knew.

As for Kuffour, while on the one hand I'd agree that he's better than our best, his best days are behind him, and he has been part of that Romanista defense that has performed woefully thus far this season.

Zlatan absolutely owned him at the Olimpico for example, using him to cut the grass before scoring a goal that many in Italy are already calling the goal of the seaon...

My beef with Nigerian defenders (and players in general) is that they don't follow their careers' best interests. only the money and because of that end up in clubs that do nothing to improve their game. Imagine if Yobo were at Juve now... He'd be playing and training with the best in the world and as a result would definitely improve. Ditto Olofinjana had he gone to Monaco. Now he is bench warming at Wolverhampton!

Kuffour on the other hand moved from FC Bayern to a club that (even though I hate the geezers) can lay claim to being highly ranked. Same as Appiah. He left Juve (he was surplus to requirements) and went to Fernabache. At least at Ferna he saw UCL football which no matter how you cut it would help build his game!
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Akolawole(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2005
Back to the topic now.
I am sorry, i may be Nigeria drunk, I dont see Ghana beating us, i fear Senegal more than any team going to Egypt. One on one they are the best.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by nicetohave(m): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2006
Its not really mere patriotism but Ghana should start preparing for their second group match because they have lost the first match, the super eagles may be a disappointment but not a total disappointment cheesy cool
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by FOD(m): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2006
Now that Essien is injured, how are you going to cope? Anyways, we've gat enuf nigerian players who can play that position...we'll be ready to help cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by c0dec(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2006
funny how these guys are all getting injured at this time.

nonda, muntari, now essien
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by nicetohave(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2006
its called the inevitable cool
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by idiotboop(f): 2:35am On Jan 08, 2006
If there is one thing nigerians here shud not boast of its the national team. Are u kidding me? just cos we have world known players dont mean we have the best team. For starts they cant and never have played as a team just a bunch of show offs on the field
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by nicetohave(m): 2:43am On Jan 08, 2006
True talk, and to even add to it, me no think say we go fit win the nations cup with the team
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by vichel(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2006
I would continue to preach this NEVER write the super eagles playas out. Remember the super eagles destroyed their last two qualifier opponents with five goals. If u think the Ghanian team can defeat the super eagles, then i must say  u very wrong. Tell me which defence in Africa can stop the attacking qualities of the Super Eagles? None, absolutely none. for the defenceive aspect, we've got Obodo, Aliyu, and others. The only problem should be Would they play as a team?, not comparing the Ghanian defenders to Nigeria's. A defence that Obi could dismantle with ease.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2006
c0dec:

funny how these guys are all getting injured at this time.

nonda, muntari, now essien

Forget Nonda. His country ain't going to the World Cup.

Muntari and Essien are stupid, ditto the Ghanaian crew. If they really are injured, why don't they make the trip to camp and let the national team doctors look at them. Why did they just sit back at their clubs and plead injury? Mark my words, Essien will play for Ch€£$k¥ before the end of the Nations Cup.
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by Chxta(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2006
Re: What Do You Think About the Ghana National Team? by mochafella(m): 12:16am On Jan 18, 2006
I agree Essien will have miraculously recovered and be playing for Chelsea b4 the nations cup is over.

(1) (2) (Reply)

David "the Haymaker" Haye V. John Ruiz- Wiil U Be Watching? / Download Highlight: Real Madrid Vs Liverpool 3-1(UCL Final)goals & Highlights / What Funny Meme Would You Give This Football Cartoon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.