Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Top Performing Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top Performing Banks (3921 Views)

Poll: Which Bank is your best bank based on costomer service

GTB: 50% (1 vote)
FBN: 0% (0 votes)
UBA: 50% (1 vote)
Zenith: 0% (0 votes)
Access: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline / Africa Investor Group Recognises Top Performing African Institutions / "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Performing Banks by namdo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2007
Which are the top performing banks at the moment cheesy?

Let me read it!

Mine: First Bank, Intercontinental, Zenith Bank,
Re: Top Performing Banks by Seun(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2007
GTBank is the only consistently excellent bank in Nigeria.
Re: Top Performing Banks by Tmoni(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2007
i am with seun on that
Re: Top Performing Banks by namdo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2007
I am not a guru on this, i need some indices. First bank has been consistently strong too though may not be with classic services or instruments, i hope i am making sense.
Re: Top Performing Banks by LoverBwoy(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2007
based on what? customer service? profit? technology? whattt?
Re: Top Performing Banks by nkc(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2007
forget first bank, they will always be there.

but GTBANK, they have no match
Re: Top Performing Banks by darealabi: 9:59am On Mar 13, 2007
NKC : THE MOST OUTSTANDING BANK IN NIGERIA IS GTBANK. GOT AA+ RATING AWARD. DO YOU THINK ITS EASY TO GET SUCH AWARD. CHECK OUT THERE SHARE PRICE AND I HAEV NEVER REGRETTED BUYING GTBANK SHARES IN 2004. Zenith Bank too is Okay.
Re: Top Performing Banks by Tmoni(m): 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2007
pls can some one give me GTbanks customer care no,
i want to start online banking

appreciate very much,
Re: Top Performing Banks by Seun(m): 1:25am On Mar 14, 2007
GTBank is of course the best bank in Nigeria. All their branches (except one at Ikeja) are equally efficient.
Re: Top Performing Banks by Tmoni(m): 1:27am On Mar 14, 2007
pls can i get the customer service number for Guarranty Trust Bank,

pls nairalanders, its important
Re: Top Performing Banks by goshen(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2007
GTBank is the most respected nigerian bank. Recently they raised eurobond in the international market without government backing. It was oversubscribed, this is to butress the fact that the bank is well respected abroad. The bank has been consistent over the years, coming out with different innovative products. They don't make noise on television or radio, wasting their customers money on adverts without delivering quality service. They launched a product last year known as GTCONNECT, with this, you can do any banking transaction in your room, all you need do is to make a phone call. It is different from telephone and internet banking services. With GTCONNECT you can transfer money into another person's account and lots of other stuffs.

The bank invests heavily in technology, and they don't compromise. GTBank is the only bank that i know that has not paid any fine to any regulatory body. That's to tell you the kind of people that run the bank; they are professionals. The bank has started what is also known as mobile banking. This is delievered with the use of trucks. In these trucks, you can conduct any banking transaction from withdrawal, deposit, name it. These trucks are actually meant to be deployed to areas where the bank does not have a branch at the moment, especially the the outskirt of lagos and other rural areas.

For those in Europe, GTBank will be opening her UK branch any moment from now.
Re: Top Performing Banks by Tmoni(m): 9:00am On Mar 14, 2007
can i get the customer service number of this prestigious bank pls,
anybody,

i want to set up online banking
Re: Top Performing Banks by LoverBwoy(m): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2007
you will have to go there to set up internet banking or send someone with your details to get it opened and wait some weeks 4+ sometime it doesnt work-last week mine didnt

try one of the following numbers
0803900 3900
080 2900 2900
Re: Top Performing Banks by Tmoni(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2007
@loverbwoy

gracias

really appreciate mate
Re: Top Performing Banks by diyobdw(f): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2007
GTB !!!!!

I have become thier apostle cheesy
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2007
Zenith Bank

UBA
GTB
Re: Top Performing Banks by GForce1: 1:40am On Mar 22, 2007
Is there anyone out there with an unbiased view of Skye bank?

quote author=Seun
GTBank is of course the best bank in Nigeria. All their branches (except one at Ikeja) are equally efficient.

The service at the Akowonjo branch is also nothing to write home about!
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2007
Nap.Skye isnt bad too.
Re: Top Performing Banks by omooba72(m): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2007
@ G-Force , sorry i 'm curious and will like to firstly ask you why you are comparing Skye bank to other strong and dependable banks in Nigeria
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 3:45am On Mar 23, 2007
Think Skye is k too but def not like d stronger banks like u said.
Re: Top Performing Banks by seggywilly: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2007
i think Diamond bank is the most worst bank expecially Ogba branch, shalom!!! grin grin grin angry
Re: Top Performing Banks by seggywilly: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2007
i think wema bank is the first and still the best so far,
Re: Top Performing Banks by diyobdw(f): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2007
Wema sha!
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 4:09am On Mar 27, 2007
seggywilly:

i think Diamond bank is the most worst bank expecially Ogba branch, shalom!!! grin grin grin angry

Diamond ke?Are u for real?
Re: Top Performing Banks by seggywilly: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2007
yes Diamond bank is worse, Ogba branch shocked grin
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 7:54am On Mar 29, 2007
Hmm well maybe d branch cos i used to tink dey were tops too.
Re: Top Performing Banks by namdo(m): 10:58am On Mar 29, 2007
What would then make you buy the stock of a bank or open a savings account or current account? Customer service? Technology?

For best performing stock?, you name it.
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 3:45am On Apr 01, 2007
What of Oceanic bank?
Re: Top Performing Banks by CBANJ(m): 5:39am On Apr 01, 2007
As someone living outside Nigeria, my personal experience is that UBA has the best service geared towards non resident nigerians. Late last year I wanted to open an account in Nigeria, so I emailed most of the major banks for information including GT, First Bank, Oceanic Bank, and a few others (there was a lot of information online and forms available for download, but I wanted to see what the responce would be like as I would need to correspond with them by email). I got an immediate responce from only one bank - UBA. I then called their NRN (Non Resident Nigerian) dept and established contact with a specific employee, then went ahead to courier to them all the info they needed.

In no time I had an account opened at their Head Office in Marina, and was assigned a dedicated relationship manager. She sent me the info for UBADirect by email so I was able to get access to my accounts online and change the password. I asked them to hold my cheque book and debit card for me (they can courier the cheque book to you at your request), and early this year when I went to Nigeria on vacation, I went to the office to meet the staff and pick up my cheque book and debit card. Now I feel comfortable making transactions from outside, and can email my relationship manager directly for any of my banking needs, and the response is always immediate (they recently assisted me with the application to purchase UBA shares re the current UBA offer, and in fact I found out about the offer when my relationship manager emailed to let me know about it).

Also they have launched UBARemit (www.ubaremit.com), a service that allows me to remit money directly to my account in Nigeria from any computer with Internet access. Service is available to residents of US, Canada, and UK. The service fees are less than wire transfer fees and exchange rate is slightly better than Western Union. Only draw back is there are limits on how much one can send per transaction and per month. I can log on to UBAdirect (www.ubadirect.com) to confirm the transfer is in my account (takes about 4 days).

Till this day I have not received a responce from any of the other banks to my original e-mail inquiry about how to set up an account if living outside Nigeria. I know I could have called them up, but wanted to gauge how they monitor and respond to their customer service email addresses they provide on their websites.

I know in-branch experience in Nigeria may be very different, but I think UBA's NRN service is the best for those living outside.
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 7:54am On Apr 01, 2007
Yeah UBA is really d big thing now.They jst opened another office in New York city.Am happy for dem.
Re: Top Performing Banks by temmeyj(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2007
what about ACCESS Bank, !!

, the bank is really "Moving On up",
, or what do you think?
Re: Top Performing Banks by 9ja4eva: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2007
Yeah heard dt too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buyers Of Pet Plastic Bottle In Southeast / Latest Online Job - (make More Than #100k Monthly Online In NIGERIA) / Solution To Economic Recession In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.