Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? (24171 Views)

Microbiology Or Lab Science Which One Is The Best Option To Study In The Univers / Masters In Microbiology Or D.E Into Pharmacy. Urgent Advice Needed / Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Evansjj(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
Hello nairalanders, Am kinda confuse on the course I want to study . studying microbiology or medlab which is better? can I be able to switch to medicine in my yr 2
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by LegitBoy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
If by Medlab you mean medical laboratory, please opt for it as Micro biology is a no for me in this country. My profession is not in anyway related to science but I know your chances of getting a job after school is very slim with Microbiology in this country. I once visited a hospital, you need to see the way the man in charge "chased" the microbiology students there out saying they have no business in the lab. It is that bad don't be deceived.

As per your second question, NO you can't cross from any of the courses to MBBS even if you have a CGPA of 5.0. It is more theoretical than practical.

5 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by emerich(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2018
Am a Medical Laboratory Scientist, practicing in the FCT, Med Lab is a better option, but the medical profession is overrated, I would advice U opt for Medicine, for a more career fulfilment... But isn't that lucrative in itself, in all, your connections matters a lot to land U ur dream job, no matter the medical Field u choose.
Best wishes.

7 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Evansjj(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
LegitBoy:
If by Medlab you mean medical laboratory, please opt for it as Micro biology is a no for me in this country. My profession is not in anyway related to science but I know your chances of getting a job after school is very slim with Microbiology in this country. I once visited a hospital, you need to see the way the man in charge "chased" the microbiology students there out saying they have no business in the lab. It is that bad don't be deceived.

As per your second question, NO you can't cross from any of the courses to MBBS even if you have a CGPA of 5.0. It is more theoretical than practical.
OK wat about science lab tech
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Evansjj(m): 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2018
emerich:
Am a Medical Laboratory Scientist, practicing in the FCT, Med Lab is a better option, but the medical profession is overrated, I would advice U opt for Medicine, for a more career fulfilment... But isn't that lucrative in itself, in all, your connections matters a lot to land U ur dream job, no matter the medical Field u choose.
Best wishes.
sir, I have chased medicine but to no avail...so I opted for microbiology to see me ease off the stress of jamb... how lucrative is medlab
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Nutase: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
It is myopic to think medlab is more lucrative than microbiology.
Microbiology has better opportunities because it is broad and all encompassing. It doesnt limit you to a hospital laboratory like med lab.
You have so many branches of microbiology to choose from like medical, industrial, marine microbiology, virology etc just name it. whereas med lab limits you to just one choice.
Secondly with your Bsc microbiology you can just do the 18 months med lab program and you switch to med lab and you will always be their boss that is why they have so much hatred for microbiologist. But med lab cannot convert to a microbiologist.

8 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Hahjascho(m): 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
Also....studying microbiology requires intensive reading. Commitment ......and a strong cgpa from your basic courses from 100..200l........if you want to graduate with a good grade....... Be ready to read ..read wide and write wide......
..theses are based on my few experience ...as a microbiologist in a state univ
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by ultron12345: 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2018
Evansjj:
Hello nairalanders, Am kinda confuse on the course I want to study . studying microbiology or medlab which is better? can I be able to switch to medicine in my yr 2
don't mind those agents of deception telling you MCB is better, FYI, I was a former MCB student (mcbite as dey call themselves), that was how we were deceiving ourselves back then, saying MCB is broad, we can fit anywhere, saying medical courses are a limitation, calling medicine and surgery, mericine and suffery..........until I decided to b sincere with my self and do some research that led me to leave my MCB programme in 300lvl to start medicine from 100lvl. Today, I regard that as the best decision I ever made in my life. When I was leaving for medicine, I remember the insults I received from my MCB coursemates, telling me I am a fool for leaving a "broad field" to a limited one. Today, when I see most of my former coursemates and what they are passing through, I thank god for allowing me make my decision. When I see them somewhere or see their pictures on Facebook, I feel sorry for them.

Do not b deceived by them, one thing about them is that they are secretly craving for medical courses but are just too lazy to pursue them. Most of them fell into MCB because they couldnt meet cutoff mark for medical courses.
Some will even be saying that they know everything MLS students know because they one shallow course they call medical microbiology. Some even start challenging doctors, saying that it is microorganisms that cause all diseases, and since they are the ones studying microorganisms, therefore they are the ones responsible for developing treatment procedures used by doctors therefore they are more important than doctors and doctors and other health professionals are nothing without them.

Look at the silly girl up there saying you need to read very well to pass MCB, it seems she's insinuating that MCB is harder than MLS.......common MCB that is d simplest course in faculty of science.

And don't let them deceive you that MCB graduates can work in a hospital lab.....it is a contraption from the pit of hell
....MCB graduate have never, can never and will never be allowed into hospital labs, even the MLS graduates are been threatened by pathologists not to talk of common MCB.

One thing about these MCB people is that they are experts in PHD (operation pull him down). They will formulate all sort of lies just to ensure u fall into d pit that dey fell into.

My advice to you, go for medicine, but if it isn't working out, you can opt for MLS but don't even think of MCB, better use ur money to learn work or start business than pay MCB school fees.

Even If u want to lecture in MCB department, are aware that with MBBS (yes with MBBS, u can further in most of the biological sciences like MCB and biochem) and MSc in microbiology, u will start on a higher level and be better respected and preferred to someone with BSc and MSc in MCB.

28 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Evansjj(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
ultron12345:
don't mind those agents of deception telling you MCB is better, FYI, I was a former MCB student (mcbite as dey call themselves), that was how we were deceiving ourselves back then, saying MCB is broad, we can fit anywhere, saying medical courses are a limitation, calling medicine and surgery, mericine and suffery..........until I decided to b sincere with my self and do some research that led me to leave my MCB programme in 300lvl to start medicine from 100lvl. Today, I regard that as the best decision I ever made in my life. When I was leaving for medicine, I remember the insults I received from my MCB coursemates, telling me I am a fool for leaving a "broad field" to a limited one. Today, when I see most of my former coursemates and what they are passing through, I thank god for allowing me make my decision. When I see them somewhere or see their pictures on Facebook, I feel sorry for them.

Do not b deceived by them, one thing about them is that they are secretly craving for medical courses but are just too lazy to pursue them. Most of them fell into MCB because they couldnt meet cutoff mark for medical courses.
Some will even be saying that they know everything MLS students know because they one shallow course they call medical microbiology. Some even start challenging doctors, saying that it is microorganisms that cause all diseases, and since they are the ones studying microorganisms, therefore they are the ones responsible for developing treatment procedures used by doctors therefore they are more important than doctors and doctors and other health professionals are nothing without them.

Look at the silly girl up there saying you need to read very well to pass MCB, it seems she's insinuating that MCB is harder than MLS.......common MCB that is d simplest course in faculty of science.

And don't let them deceive you that MCB graduates can work in a hospital lab.....it is a contraption from the pit of hell
....MCB graduate have never, can never and will never be allowed into hospital labs, even the MLS graduates are been threatened by pathologists not to talk of common MCB.

One thing about these MCB people is that they are experts in PHD (operation pull him down). They will formulate all sort of lies just to ensure u fall into d pit that dey fell into.

My advice to you, go for medicine, but if it isn't working out, you can opt for MLS but don't even think of MCB, better use ur money to learn work or start business than pay MCB school fees.

Even If u want to lecture in MCB department, are aware that with MBBS (yes with MBBS, u can further in most of the biological sciences like MCB and biochem) and MSc in microbiology, u will start on a higher level and be better respected and preferred to someone with BSc and MSc in MCB.
very insightful sir ..thank u very much

2 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Evansjj(m): 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nutase:
Microbiology has better opportunities because it is broad and all encompassing. It doesnt limit you to a hospital laboratory like med lab.
You have so many branches of microbiology to choose from like medical, industrial, marine microbiology, virology etc just name it. whereas med lab limits you to just one choice.
Secondly with your Bsc microbiology you can just do the 18 months med lab program and you switch to med lab and you will always be their boss that is why they have so much hatred for microbiologist. But med lab cannot convert to a microbiologist.
are u a microbiologist
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Hahjascho(m): 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
ultron12345:

You words are too harsh.....only God knows how you get to interact in real life.....The experiences you had shouldn't have pushed you to rubbish someone's point of view.....#ain't done like that

Or does that make d course so cheap...even when it comes to reading to pass?...make research.. May it's due to d uni u once studied d mcb course

Finally, no one is actually enforcing one course or the other on the op.....and neither does it change his mind.....

Nevertheless of ur experiences ....you try to respect someone's point of view

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by jackomagnus(m): 6:08am On Jan 20, 2018
Any graduate will know that Med Lab is by far better
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Nutase: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2018
ultron12345:

It is obvious you're not well informed. @ OP A microbiologist can be a Medical Lab Scientists Associates after just 18 months by doing MLT course. Ask any lab scientist if you think I'm lying but an MLS student can NEVER convert to be a microbiologist and that qualifies you to work INA hospital.

The author of the post I quoted is obviously a lab scientist and not a medical doctor as he claims You can tell from the bitterness in his post.
"Nobody dey free say him mama soup no sweet but an independent judge will always say the truth."
In times past a MCB graduate did not need to do that 18 month conversion b4 working in a hospital lab. These MLS guys have an inferiority complex because whenever a MCbst is present they always appointed them head so they came up with this grand political scheme which hasn't changed anything. It only requires patience (18 months) and you are working in a hospital

Medicine is still the most lucrative course in Nigeria not because it pays well but because it guarantees you employment

Don't let that man deceive you to study MLS a microbiologist can work in a/as a hospital, brewery, researcher,lecturer just name it and when you find yourself in the hospital an MLS graduate can NEVER be your boss but an MLS graduate is stuck in a hospital laboratory taking excreta and blood samples.

Please visit any big reputable laboratory or better stil go to http://www.mlscn.gov.ng/ for more info.

3 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by ultron12345: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2018
Nutase:

It is obvious you're not well informed. @ OP A microbiologist can be a Medical Lab Scientists Associates after just 18 months by doing MLT course. Ask any lab scientist if you think I'm lying but an MLS student can NEVER convert to be a microbiologist.

The author of the post I quoted is obviously a lab scientist and not a medical doctor as he claims. In times past a MCB graduate did not need to do that 18 month conversion b4 working in a lab. These MLS guys have an inferiority complex because whenever a MCbst is present they always appointed them head so that came up with this grand political scheme which hasn't changed anything.

Medicine is still the most lucrative course in Nigeria not because it pays well but because it guarantees you employment

Don't let that man deceive you to study MLS a microbiologist can work in a/as a hospital, brewery, researcher,lecturer just name it and when you find yourself in the hospital an MLS graduate can NEVER be your boss but an MLS graduate is stuk in a hospital laboratory taking excreta and blood samples.

Please visit any big
MCBite spotted.

Be there deceiving your self, how many breweries and research institutes will absorb the thousands of microbiologists pumped out every year. Graduates of industrial chemistry and biochemistry and food science are already competing with them for these jobs.

You say u can do course in MLT and convert to a lab scientist, you see how you lie, so medical lab technology and medical lab science is nw same thing? I pity the innocent souls u have deceived.

Microbiology graduates can never work in a hospital lab (unless u do that ur MLT course which turns u into a lab technician where u are regarded as a lesser being in the lab, u are d lowest in d hierarchy, only slightly senior than d cleaners). All those microbiologist u see in d hospital lab are either mls graduates (medical microbiology option) or doctors who specialized in medical microbiology (if you like, b thinking d medical microbiology of Mls and MBBS is d same as MCB). When they see such Mls or MBBS people as lab heads, they start claiming they are MCB graduates.

To the OP, look at his last paragraph, that is hw they lure innocent souls into their trap, making medical courses sound like a limitation, making MLS look bad by saying all dey do is take excreta samples. Just churning out pure lies to deceive young ones. Have you wondered why he targeted medical courses and left out d science courses that are competing with them like biochemistry and industrial chemistry, its because he has a secret craving for a medical course, but too lazy to pursue it, i suspect its either medicine or MLS.

Just watch as his fellow MCBites will gather themselves like a swarm of bees and storm this thread, targeting my head just becos I said the bitter truth

13 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Nutase: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2018
ultron12345:
MCBite spotted.

Be there deceiving your self, how many breweries and research institutes will absorb the thousands of microbiologists pumped out every year. Graduates of industrial chemistry and biochemistry and food science are already competing with them for these jobs.

You say u can do course in MLT and convert to a lab scientist, you see how you lie, so medical lab technology and medical lab science is nw same thing? I pity the innocent souls u have deceived.

Microbiology graduates can never work in a hospital lab (unless u do that ur MLT course which turns u into a lab technician where u are regarded as a lesser being in the lab, u are d lowest in d hierarchy, only slightly senior than d cleaners). All those microbiologist u see in d hospital lab are either mls graduates (medical microbiology option) or doctors who specialized in medical microbiology (if you like, b thinking d medical microbiology of Mls and MBBS is d same as MCB). When they see such Mls or MBBS people as lab heads, they start claiming they are MCB graduates.

To the OP, look at his last paragraph, that is hw they lure innocent souls into their trap, making medical courses sound like a limitation, making MLS look bad by saying all dey do is take excreta samples. Just churning out pure lies to deceive young ones. Have you wondered why he targeted medical courses and left out d science courses that are competing with them like biochemistry and industrial chemistry, its because he has a secret craving for a medical course, but too lazy to pursue it, i suspect its either medicine or MLS.

Just watch as his fellow MCBites will gather themselves like a swarm of bees and storm this thread, targeting my head just becos I said the bitter truth
but you didn't have to lie that you're a medical doctor it only shows the complex i was talking about.
Secondly, you're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make it true.I'm glad you've now accepted that a microbiologist can work in a hospital after misleading the op in your last post.

1 Like

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by ultron12345: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2018
Nutase:
but you didn't have to lie that you're a medical doctor it only shows the complex i was talking about.
Secondly, you're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make it true.
where did I mention I'm a doctor, I am nt yet a doctor but will be by the third quarter of this year.
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Nutase: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2018
ultron12345:
where did I mention I'm a doctor, I am nt yet a doctor but will be by the third quarter of this year.
you sound really pained my dear brother and life's quality reduces when you move around with so much bitterness. We're just having a debate. I wish you the best in your future medical practice.

4 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by davbravo(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2018
Nutase:
Please don't deceive him , there's no programme that can convert a microbiology degree to B. MLS except the person decides to apply for a DE into MLS which will take about 6years ( 4years as an undergraduate + 1year internship + 1year NYSC) or via UTME which is about 7years. And I don't understand what u mean by "med lab cannot convert to a microbiologist", Medical microbiology is one of the specialties under the field of medical laboratory sciences so why would they want a degree in microbiology and there's no hatred for Microbiologist, the opposite is the case here.
Also a Medical laboratory scientist in not limited to working in the hospital lab, he/she can go into public health, lecturing, or work in a quality control lab, research lab, deal with the importation, exportation and supply of reagents, laboratory equipments, etc

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by uncommonmartins: 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by nelszx: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nutase:
Secondly, you're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make it true.I'm glad you've now accepted that a microbiologist can work in a hospital after misleading the op in your last post.

Please Madam, always post what you know it'd do you a whole good. This is a public forum and you have just been spewing lies up and down.
Sorry to ask, are you a student and please what school trains MCB to become MLS in 18 months?

7 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by nelszx: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nutase:

It is obvious you're not well informed. @ OP A microbiologist can be a Medical Lab Scientists Associates after just 18 months by doing MLT course. Ask any lab scientist if you think I'm lying but an MLS student can NEVER convert to be a microbiologist and that qualifies you to work INA hospital.

Lies

In times past a MCB graduate did not need to do that 18 month conversion b4 working in a hospital lab. These MLS guys have an inferiority complex because whenever a MCbst is present they always appointed them head so they came up with this grand political scheme which hasn't changed anything. It only requires patience (18 months) and you are working in a hospital

Another lie

Don't let that man deceive you to study MLS a microbiologist can work in a/as a hospital, brewery, researcher,lecturer just name it and when you find yourself in the hospital an MLS graduate can NEVER be your boss but an MLS graduate is stuck in a hospital laboratory taking excreta and blood samples

Yet another lie spotted

Summary: You have just told lies for all and sundry to see. You can make your research or come with something better

6 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by emerich(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nutase:
Hmmm...
Your ignorance is top notch, you just come to a public forum and be spewing gibberish, make sure you have the right information and facts before making a fool of yourself.
There is no way a MCB graduate can work in the hospital laboratories nor convert to a Medical Laboratory Scientists, the Associate program that enabled most Science related courses to convert had long been scrapped, courses such as Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Anatomy, Hematology et al.
Of which Biochemistry is even more preferred to biology, mind you am a Med Lab Scientist, ( Med Microbiology Option) With years of experience in a Fed Med Centre, Gen Hospital, Teaching Hospital and also a Private setting, so I can give an authoritative input on the said topic, don't misled the public by confining the Med Lab graduand's to just the hospital settings, I wouldn't want to bore you with details but believe you have data and Google isn't your enemy either. I feel for MCB students in Nigeria, you need to see how poorly they are treated while doing their ITs, it's pathetic, I won't advice my enemy to study microbiology, infact we that specialised in Med MCB envy our Chemical Path and Haematology counterparts, even the Anatomist that are closest to doctors wish they studied Med Lab, being in school and life outside school is a different ball game...
So egbon make your decisions wisely and don't be gullible or let anyone convince you to study MCB, best wishes. It's better you go for an MLT program which is just 3 years, some MLTs in Fed and State emblems receive salaries that a senior director receive in most parastatal and establishment, with your MLT you can join either the Nigerian Air force or Navy as a big boy, not an officer though but with a very nice pay. Then while in service you upgrade to BMLS and apply to be an officer by converting, that is if you have a flair for the military or para military.

6 Likes

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Reedahgado(f): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Someone asked for advice and you guys have succeeded in confusing him.

Una try ooooo
Op, you tried mbbs several times with no avail, am sure you want medical related course. I will advice you go for mls to avoid stories that touch the heart.

1 Like

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by brainNbeauty: 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Job Opening ID: ZR_34_JOB
Date Opened: 22/01/2018
Closing Date: 09/02/2018
Job Type: Full time

Our Client medical facility is dedicated to providing top quality care to patients of all ages. We currently have an opening for a talented and compassionate Doctor to join the growing healthcare practice. The ideal candidate will have 1 - 3 or more years’ experience in clinical medicine.
If you are strongly committed to providing top-notch, compassionate patient care, and willing to undergo some occupational Health exposure training. We encourage you to apply for this position.
Job Description:
- Evaluate patients and provide appropriate medical treatment for various illnesses and injuries.

- Prescribe, administer and dispense medication in accordance with state and federal statutes.

- Assist Medical Director in identifying and resolving workplace issues.

- Document all patient evaluations, treatments, medications and transactions according to company policies and procedure.

- Supervise Medical Assistants to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.

- Evaluate the effectiveness of current care methods and procedures and suggest improvements.

Job requirement:
Must be a graduate in the required field
Current state medical license
Friendly and compassionate disposition
Strong leadership skills and attention to details.

Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae, and credentials to careers@phs.com.ng or apply directly through the website www.phs.com.ng.
emerich:

Hmmm...
Your ignorance is top notch, you just come to a public forum and be spewing gibberish, make sure you have the right information and facts before making a fool of yourself.
There is no way a MCB graduate can work in the hospital laboratories nor convert to a Medical Laboratory Scientists, the Associate program that enabled most Science related courses to convert had long been scrapped, courses such as Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Anatomy, Hematology et al.
Of which Biochemistry is even more preferred to biology, mind you am a Med Lab Scientist, ( Med Microbiology Option) With years of experience in a Fed Med Centre, Gen Hospital, Teaching Hospital and also a Private setting, so I can give an authoritative input on the said topic, don't misled the public by confining the Med Lab graduand's to just the hospital settings, I wouldn't want to bore you with details but believe you have data and Google isn't your enemy either. I feel for MCB students in Nigeria, you need to see how poorly they are treated while doing their ITs, it's pathetic, I won't advice my enemy to study microbiology, infact we that specialised in Med MCB envy our Chemical Path and Haematology counterparts, even the Anatomist that are closest to doctors wish they studied Med Lab, being in school and life outside school is a different ball game...
So egbon make your decisions wisely and don't be gullible or let anyone convince you to study MCB, best wishes. It's better you go for an MLT program which is just 3 years, some MLTs in Fed and State emblems receive salaries that a senior director receive in most parastatal and establishment, with your MLT you can join either the Nigerian Air force or Navy as a big boy, not an officer though but with a very nice pay. Then while in service you upgrade to BMLS and apply to be an officer by converting, that is if you have a flair for the military or para military.

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by eddy60: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2018
Nutase:
but med lab cannot convert to microbiologist is like you are saying a medical doctor should convert to medlab scientist.

1 Like

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by arinzos(m): 9:39am On Feb 03, 2018
OP,the better option is MLS.as a MLS,you are well groomed in what you are doing.MLS speciaties is not limited to only MedMCB(which pure MCBites knowledge in MEDMCB is faulty) as we also have ChemPath,Heamat,Immunology,Histopath.You can specialize in any of these.
People saying MCB can convert to MLS are not entirely wrong,MCB can convert only via DE/UTME.The 18months CONVERTION TO DIPLOMA IN MLT (not MLS) has been SCRAPPED and superceded by B.MLS soon MLS.D.
MLS are not limited to only HOSPITAL Labs.As we can also work in research lab,reference lab,MLS can also work in agencies like NDLEA e.t.c.

We have;
Medical microbiologist(pathologist)
Medical microbiologist(MLS)
microbiologist(B.Sc pure science)
Microbiologist(B.Tech/B.Sc.In SLT)
The first two are the ones you see in the hospital labs.you can see their background degree is not BSc.They are specialists in Microbiology.Don't confuse them with the last two.

Make your choice,and do well to GOOGLE these two COURSES.even in a SANER environment like the US,UK,CANADA MCB doesn't come close in terms of recognition,responsiblity,opportunity,pay package to MLS.

MCB IS GOOD,BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN COMPARED TO MLS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Cherishpearl: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2018
please go for MLS... Am a microbiologist but I have been looking for work like ehh..... it is just a waste of time.. I even applied for direct entry in MLS... but uptill now no admission.... and if I should have my way... I will go for medicine and surgery.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by nelszx: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2018
Cherishpearl:
please go for MLS... Am a microbiologist but I have been looking for work like ehh..... it is just a waste of time.. I even applied for direct entry in MLS... but uptill now no admission.... and if I should have my way... I will go for medicine and surgery.....
May God grant you that you wish for
DE for Medical courses are very competitive as there's stipulated quota of students to meet by the various councils. I know MLS from 200l the number reduces to 50 and maximum 80-100 for effective learning and training.
But God will see you through
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by kimewills(f): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nutase:

Does this one year switching course still work?...i am not sure, heard it has been stopped or could you please kindly put us through the one you are talking of?
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by linzeze(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
kimewills:

Does this one year switching course still work?...i am not sure, heard it has been stopped or could you please kindly put us through the one you are talking of?
There is Nothing like that.
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Sheggy13(m): 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nutase:
Which 18 months programme does one do to convert from MCB to MedLab and is it BSc Medlab such a person will be given afterwards?
Re: Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? by Amid1010: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Student Faces Disciplinary Action For Drinking Water From Bottle’ During Dinner / (18+) The Japanese Unclad Art Class Photos & Video / Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.