Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Annoying Things About The Average Nigerian's Mindset. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annoying Things About The Average Nigerian's Mindset. (606 Views)

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / Annoying Things GEJ/PEJ Apologists Say In Their Defence / THE NIGERIAN Mindset-culled From Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Annoying Things About The Average Nigerian's Mindset. by violent(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
After reading a number of posts today, it took a level of restriction to stop me from breaking my laptop screen due to the absolute gibberish it feeds my eyes with, and of course, i have many nairalanders to thank for that.

What disturbs me, this time i hope to find an answer from folks that share the view, is that the average Nigerian believes and focus attention on where the next President is going to emerge from rather that who and what leadership qualities as well as achievements the individual has.

Quite frankly, should we really give a flying mouse's árse if the President is from the North or South or even from both?

Why do we focus our attention and direct our energy on a ""turn by turn" Leadership, rather than look for quality candidates and support them with all vigor?

Obasanjo is from the south and he was a president for 8 years, question is, does it make the south any better than it was 10 years ago?

Yaradua is from the North, and he was has been the president since April 2007, are there better schools in the North because of him?

Shouldn't we start looking at the quality of candidate and less at where they come from?

(1) (Reply)

Sss Arrests Asari Dokubo At Seme Border / Best Paid Politicians Pity Brave Survivals Of Dumps And Desert / What Can You Say About Our Late President. Alaji Umaru Musa Yaradua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.