Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (95313 Views)

Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting / Couple Die While Returning Home From Their Wedding (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by MossLuv: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
I fore saw this.... 2014 I told one of friends that Nigerians abroad will be rushing home for better life. But unfortunately Buhari took over and everything goes back to square zero.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by MossLuv: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
I fore saw this.... 2014 I told one of friends that Nigerians abroad will be rushing home for better life. But unfortunately Buhari took over and everything goes back to square zero.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Timajohn(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Returning back to hell.. Issokay o

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Lol.

Name it.

Texas, NY, Mass, Penn, Nevada, been there done that.

It's no biggie.

Been where done what ?

You seem to have picked up the phrase recently ?

Let me.guess you are also friends with the POTUS?

You and.Buhari hangout together?

I also heard Dangote owes you some cash is this true ?

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Dantedasz(m): 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
It is good to be idealistic,but when you get back to Nigeria and the harsh realities stare you in the face, nobody will tell you before you pack you luggage and head back to where you are coming from; No electricity,no jobs,no good medical health care,no security of your life and property,bad roads, assassination,armed robbery,intimidation by SARS, horrible political leadership,corruption from the airport as you arrive the country and the horrible fact that you have to give bribes to get anything done in Nigeria.
I give all these idealistic dreamers three years at the most before the harsh reality dawns on them and they run back to where they are coming from except they were illegal immigrants in the first place.
Nigeria will crush and kill your idealism and hope in the end.

I almost forgot to add the menace of Boko Haram,Niger Delta militants and Fulani herdsmen armed with AK47 guns.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:12pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

Been where done what ?

Lol

That's the best you can Do?

I don't hug the limelight, not my nature.

However, my travels are peesonal to me .

It's what people do.

Don't let your own limitations reduce the possibility in others.

Question for you: Have you been to the states and whereabouts ?

If you have, we'll take it from there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Bollinger(m): 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
frosbel2:

I live in the UK and have been to the US, will never live there.

To each man his own. Just like would never dream of staying in the U.K. What is the difference between that and living in Nigeria? Surrounded by Nigerians? Hell da phuck no.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

It's what people do.

*personal* grin
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

*personal* grin

Excuse me.

You want to proof-read my write-ups?

Be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Bollinger(m): 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I am definitely not one of those who attach extra ordinary attachment to money.
wud be a consolidated millionaire if I did.

But, what will make a man remain in a country where he gets the 3rd class citizens treatment, if he could come home and live comfortably without the treat of getting undermined in anyway by anybody.

Imagine what US is currently doing to pple, notwithstanding they ve lived all their lives over there. Recently, a Latino was deported back to his country after living in the USA for more than 30yrs.

Bro, the latino is s.tupid. By law, if you've lived in the U.S for 5 years, you can apply for full citizenship. So, who's fault is it? And there's nothing like 3rd class citizen. You are what you make of it in America.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ishilove: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Excuse me.

Be my guest.

You need to lighten up. I was just teasing you
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

p

;D
No worries.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

p

No worries.

cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

Been where done what ?

Lol

Mr. PlayStation you've suddenly gone quiet.

I asked if you'd been to the States.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ishilove: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:
p

No worries.

cheesy
angry

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

Been where done what ?

Lol

Guy come back na.

You've been firing since.

Simple question and you've buggered off.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Excuse me.

Be my guest.

i see you have not been formally introduced to our resident grammar nazi

Naptu2, darling, who needs a sex doll when one has 'Booboo's Corner'? cheesy

I can just imagine it...Oh, the pleasure of pointing out atrocious grammar and berating people who murder syntax...Almost...orgasmic... embarassed tongue grin

you hear that rumbling sound . . .that is the erm aftershock of ishi's orgasm as she corrects your gbaun gbaun

please continue. you and other tabon tabon ers are erm doing the lords works

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
By the grace of God I will be amongst the “returnees” in a few short years. Amin.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I am definitely not one of those who attach extra ordinary attachment to money.
wud be a consolidated millionaire if I did.

But, what will make a man remain in a country where he gets the 3rd class citizens treatment, if he could come home and live comfortably without the treat of getting undermined in anyway by anybody.

Imagine what US is currently doing to pple, notwithstanding they ve lived all their lives over there. Recently, a Latino was deported back to his country after living in the USA for more than 30yrs.

Who in Nigeria treats you as a first class citizen? The Govt? The police? Fulani herdsmen? Security agencies? Please tell me where you get such treatment.

The Latino man you mentioned was in US illegally and was unable to regularize his immigration status hence his deportation.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by gblissogan(m): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
Anikulhapo:
Walahi, if na me o, I no dey come back, never
who no go no no

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 2:26am On Jan 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

Guy come back na.

You've been firing since.

Simple question and you've buggered off.

Wtf?

Men your delusional rants are quite amusing
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 2:27am On Jan 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

Mr. PlayStation you've suddenly gone quiet.

I asked if you'd been to the States.

Just saw this..

Grew up in BK , spent all my formative years there

Go back regularly

Have a good job here thats why I am here

Any other questions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 2:29am On Jan 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

It's what people do.

It's not about the possibility it's about the irrationality of all your comments.

You have never been to the states dude never ever

You live a make believe reality that has skwered your sense of judgement

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 2:31am On Jan 21, 2018
livebynite:

It's not about the possibility it's about the irrationality of all your comments.

You have never been to the states dude never ever

You live a make believe reality that has skwered your sense of judgement

Where in Brooklyn did you live?

You have a good job selling PlayStation consoles?

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by ogbonti: 4:17am On Jan 21, 2018
Bollinger:

Bro, the latino is s.tupid. By law, if you've lived in the U.S for 5 years, you can apply for full citizenship. So, who's fault is it? And there's nothing like 3rd class citizen. You are what you make of it in America.

U are high on oshogbo weed, by which law? That u lived in America as an illegal alien, then 5 years u become a citizen? If that's true, why are the Democrats haggling with Trump to legalize those brought as children to the US? If what u said here is true, why didn't they just apply for Citizenship n forget about Trump? You people who have he never seen or been to Cotonou talking here like experts on US matters, hmmm.. na WA ooo

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by 2016v2017: 5:37am On Jan 21, 2018
benben1000:
The fact is most Nigerians who go to Europe and Asia end up coming back. But US, Canada and Australia? Lie lie...rarely. America nah the worst. If your brother dey go America especially at a young age " teens and 20s" tell him bye like you will never see him again. I say that because all my uncles that went to America, not one out of 7 have come back home. 3 that went to Europe and Asia, come back regularly. That said, the ones in America send money regularly. They just don't want anything to do with the shithole, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehn. I spoke to one of them yesterday, asked him when are you coming back it's been 29 yrs, he kept saying "I ain't coming back to that shithole, God damn that shithole. Trump keeping it real, meeehn." LOL.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by 2016v2017: 5:42am On Jan 21, 2018
philip0906:

It's not really about people assuming they know what they are doing because they come from up town. I have a friend who's friend was course mate with a sitting governor's son in the UK. He's back to Nigeria now and already has picked up a massive job in Abuja.His father is also wealthy.

You see Nigeria, the rich and wealthy run the country. They have squeezed out the lower class and even the middle class. The money keeps revolving around them. Is it a coincidence that while many youths are screaming about leaving the country and are complaining about no jobs et al, that these ones are planning to come back home? No. You think they would come back and join the labor market moving around with worn out shoes,praying and fasting to get a job or opportunity of 50,000? These guys from up town have built solid links, have solid backing or their parentshave built it already for them.

This country is filled with opportunities,but the elite run the show. If you want to get a MEANINGFUL job, win MASSIVE contracts, you have to be part of them. They want to know who you are, who your father is, which university outside the country is your alma mata. Your profile basically.
There are those who have gotten great jobs and massive contracts as nobodies or without any connections, but the possibility of an outsider getting in is a single digit %. As the country gets tougher and harder, the rich tighten the nozzle and opportunities become more scarce for those outside their circle.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Godson201333(m): 6:57am On Jan 21, 2018
Bollinger:

I do not like it when i see people making no Valid point.If you like live in the United state for 20 years,There are some certain requirements that someone need to fulfil before you can even step your feet to USCIS office to file for nationality.Getting legal stay in America is much more complicated in Usa than any of those other western countries.As long as you came in through the back door,Bro then you are on your own and many of these Latinos and our brothers and sisters, came in through back door.Worst case is that you need to hire a lawyer and pay the lawyer thousands of dollars.As an illegal immigrant trying to make life,You think they also gonna find easy pumping a Lawyer wallet with thousands of dollars?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 6:58am On Jan 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

Where in Brooklyn did you live?

You have a good job selling PlayStation consoles?

Yes I change consoles regularly..if you know.me you won't be surprised.

I have the largest console collection as a user in Nigeria .

So when I get new ones I sell off one of the old ones that's a fact .

I own every single console that exists my game library is daunting ..

Gaming saved me ! Was a time all I know was the c true blue c but you wouldn't know nothing bout that would you ?

I report my set and have the inks on my.body to prove it from time in Juve and federal lock up

I was on my to be third strike was going to do a run for someone when someone who owed me gave me his Nintendo gamenoy advance pleading he would pay up the rest

That's how I discovered gaming ...lol hence I entered the world of gaming and I actually started caring for something.

To cut a long story short my game collecting will buy your entire generation.

I ain't one to brag but since you took it there by doubting g my earnings well let go there.
You never would want to know me back then in BK because for you to see me you loose you life, an eye or you get poked for real .

I wasn't no joke , but you are light weight key board make believe general phony

Listen son, here in Nigeria I earn monthly what you entire generation can't . And gaming gave me a purpose when. I started gaming I was able to strat to relate to normal folks not just bangers anymore .

I eventually went to college and the rest is history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Godson201333(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2018
ogbonti:

U are high on oshogbo weed, by which law? That u lived in America as an illegal alien, then 5 years u become a citizen? If that's true, why are the Democrats haggling with Trump to legalize those brought as children to the US? If what u said here is true, why didn't they just apply for Citizenship n forget about Trump? You people who have he never seen or been to Cotonou talking here like experts on US matters, hmmm.. na WA ooo

Don't mind them,I just cleared him up with some facts...I know he is a Novice!!
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by azyaq(m): 7:15am On Jan 21, 2018
laffwitmi:
PMB/PYO Till 2023

Hates and wailers will only wail. grin grin grin
including PMB'S wife
Shit hole people
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by ken1982: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2018
Once I get yankee or Canada papers I'm going to work hard over there to earn money which I will invest in Nigeria. Nigeria is messed but you're never an alien in Nigeria. And that is really why people come back after making money. Living abroad is like living in a hotel ...it never really feels like home...where you can see Ur neighbor and shout hey oloriburuku how far

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? / North Cyprus: Part 2 / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.