Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Tinubu, Akande Would Have Been Part Of Buhari's Meeting If There Was The Need - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Akande Would Have Been Part Of Buhari's Meeting If There Was The Need (586 Views)

Afenifere: ‘Blame Tinubu, Akande, Fayemi If South West Loses 2023 Presidency’ / Tinubu, Akande, Yerima, Governors Attend APC National Caucus Meeting / Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Other APC Chieftains In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Akande Would Have Been Part Of Buhari's Meeting If There Was The Need by binsanni(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
APC's spokesperson said he was not sure why they were not at the meeting - Bolaji Abdullahi however added that Tinubu and Akande would have been at the dinner with the president if there was a need for their presence The All Progressives Congress (APC) has explained why its national leaders, Bola Tinubu and Bisi Akande were not invited to a dinner with President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday, January 18. The APC said there was no need for the presence of both leaders at the meeting which took place at the residence of President Buhari two days ago. Punch reports that the spokesperson for the APC, Bolaji Abdullahi, said Tinubu and Akande would have been at the dinner with the president if there was a need for their presence.
Abdullahi said although he is not sure of the criteria used in selecting top party members, there should not be much fuss over their absence. He said: “I don’t know what parameters they used to invite people to the meeting so I cannot say whether there was a reason why they (Tinubu and co) were not at the meeting. But I am sure that if there was a need for them to be a part of the meeting, they would have been there.”
Abdullahi said although he is not sure of the criteria used in selecting top party members, there should not be much fuss over their absence. He said: “I don’t know what parameters they used to invite people to the meeting so I cannot say whether there was a reason why they (Tinubu and co) were not at the meeting. But I am sure that if there was a need for them to be a part of the meeting, they would have been there.”
He had attended many meetings and dinners at the Presidential Villa before when it was required of him to attend," Tinubu's media aide noted. However, a source close to Akande said he is sure the APC chieftain would not turn down such an invitation. “I am sure that Baba would not turn down such an invitation from President Buhari if he had been invited to the said dinner. “You know that Baba Akande clocked 79 on Tuesday and he is around. I am sure to a very large extent that he was not.
Lamido said he believes the APC no longer deserves Tinubu's presence. He also said he has confidence that President Buhari and the APC would be defeated in 2019. Governor Fayose warns Nigerian youths ahead of 2019, tells them what to do - on NAIJ.com TV Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1147234-tinubu-akande-part-buharis-meeting-apc-spokesman.html#1147234
Re: Tinubu, Akande Would Have Been Part Of Buhari's Meeting If There Was The Need by Sprumbabafather: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Some people from a particular region were frozen out grin

You better form another party, oduduwa peoples convenviality grin
Re: Tinubu, Akande Would Have Been Part Of Buhari's Meeting If There Was The Need by aolawale025: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2018
In other words: they have been used and dumped
Re: Tinubu, Akande Would Have Been Part Of Buhari's Meeting If There Was The Need by nku5: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
Chai grin grin grin ;

Tinubu don suffer

(1) (Reply)

Economy Remains Strong, Says Central Bank Governor Emefiele / Heap Of Wastes Spotted In Ikeja. Gov Ambode ,please Act / President Muhammad Buhari Please Contest Come In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.