Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App (920 Views)

Creating The Website Of Your Dream With Codes / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / I'm CREATING A PRO Website For 15,000 Naira For The First 2 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App by hasklin(m): 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
TL DR: I am making a web app called OshePraPra. It is a way for anyone to learn any dance steps e.g Shaku Shaku. The content will be community driven. Surprisingly, I have nothing doing today so I have to complete the first version of the web app in less than 5 hours.
Re: Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App by hasklin(m): 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Long Read:

Inspiration
--------------------
Yesterday my girl agreed to go on a Movie date with me, I was quite happy and decided to do the shaku-shaku dance on my bed. I kinda sucked at it and wondered if there was a place where I can see what a typical shaku-shaku dance looks like. I couldn't find any.

So I thought, why don't we have a crowdsourced system where people could upload their version of popular dance routines. I just wrote the idea down cuz I knew I wouldn't have any time for that.

Anyway, today, the girl cancelled our plans for some family ish. I had cleared my schedule for today so I suddenly had time.
Re: Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App by hasklin(m): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
Stack
--------------------

1. I'll stick to what I am most familiar with here, I'm not planning to learn anything new. So PHP/MySQL + React.
2. I am expecting more traffic from mobile so I am only focusing on that. Thus the need for a mobile web framework. Onsen UI is the best for now. Downside is, it doesn't play well with older browsers i.e Android 4.x and below
3. Hosting the backend on one of my servers. I'll host the frontend on Heroku
Re: Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App by hasklin(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
Data Model
-------------------

I'm optimising for speed of devlopment now. So this is the data structure

1. Video
--------- id
--------- link
--------- thumbnail
--------- owner_id

2. User
--------- id
--------- username
--------- platform [fb/ig/twitter]

3. Tag
--------- id
--------- name

4. Video_Tags
--------- id
--------- video_id
--------- tag_id

5. Upvotes
--------- id
--------- ip_address
--------- video_id
Re: Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App by photoshoot(m): 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nice, I don't know jack about programming, but I like the idea.
Re: Saturday Hackcaton - I'm Creating The Osheprapra Web App by Weirdman: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2018
Nice how much did you use to buy your server and where?

(1) (Reply)

Motion Detection With PIR Sensors And Arduino / Learn To Code And Get Employed / Cheap Internet Data For All Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.