Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,858 members, 7,841,232 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial (862 Views)

'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / Boko Haram Calls For Election Boycott, Jonathan Seeks US Help / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by evil666(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2010
THE former governor of Abia State and presidential candidate of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), Orji Uzor Kalu, has written to the acting president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, begging for the discontinuance of the corruption trial initiated against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The commission had arraigned Kalu for allegedly stealing billions of naira belonging to the state while he was governor between 1999 and 2007.

In a letter dated April 9, 2010, entitled: Request to withdraw politically-motivated charge against Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, the former governor alluded to the nolle prosequi entered for erstwhile chairman of the anti-graft commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on his asset declaration trial by the Federal Government, saying that what was sauce for the goose should be for the gander.

The letter which was signed by his lawyer, Phina Wilson, was addressed to the acting president with the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice copied.

“We are solicitors to Dr Kalu, former governor of Abia State, on whose instruction we write you this letter.

“We want to thank you for having the courage and the candour to begin to review criminal cases against past public office holders. We make particular reference to the move to discontinue the case against a past public office holder, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, which is pending before the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

“We also noticed that you have not publicly told Nigerians whether the charge is being withdrawn on compassionate grounds or because you reviewed the case and discovered that Ribadu actually declared his assets on assumption of office as EFCC chairman.

“However, whatever the case is, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. In our client’s case, the charge that is pending against him was politically motivated because of his well-documented opposition to the third-term agenda of former President Olusegun Obasanjo and other anti-people policies he initiated and pursued.

“Our client has done nothing wrong and he has not committed any offence,” the letter read.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by dinggle: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2010
lol, why is everyone now writing?, whatever happened to facing the law and clearing your self from being suspects before found guilty.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by amaham(m): 12:24am On Apr 14, 2010
ehem! kalu don de shake just b/cos ribadu de come back.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by EzeUche(m): 12:24am On Apr 14, 2010
No let the corruption trial continue. Kalu is a big thief and he definitely needs to be prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by sjeezy8: 12:27am On Apr 14, 2010
lol the guy is wack
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 14, 2010
This is why the best bet is to demand the code of conduct tribunal to make a decision on Ribadu.

Prosecution however can admit that it filed the case in error given that Ribadu did actually declare his assets

So that ridiculous letters like these can not be written. Because if the simple excuse is Government is withdrawing a case for the sake of withdrawing a case then where does it end?

Ribadu should be aquitted for no wrong doing or Prosecution should admit error in its case and appologise for wasting the court's time haven realised that Ribadu did actually declare his asset. The talk that Government can pick and choose whose case to continue and whose to withdraw will enthrone an unfortunate arbitrariness we may regret later.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by princekevo(m): 5:23am On Apr 14, 2010
@ poster
Please can you provide us with a source of your story
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by nethacker(m): 5:39am On Apr 14, 2010
The name of jesus will never make these corrupt GOATS tremble==infact them no fear God at all but when them hear ribadu name, all man dey tremble grin grin grin grin . Ribadu is COMING soon======>> endtime is near grin grin
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by chidichris(m): 7:34am On Apr 14, 2010
this another stupid story. kalu writing to jonathan and trembling because ribadu is coming.
the same ribadu combined with the endless powers of obasanjo was there when kalu ruled abia state for 8 solid years.
the story was as soon as kalu hand over, he will either run away or be arrested. kalu was the first gov to hand over among the other govs and has remained in nigeria since then.
kalu defiled all obj's madness and ribadu ranting to remain in nigeria all these while.
who said ribadu will have half the powers he enjoyed during the obj's regime again in nigeria?
even with all the powers obj gave to ribadu, he cld do nothing to kalu how much more now all of us know that ribadu is as guilty as all these govs.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by nethacker(m): 7:39am On Apr 14, 2010
chidichris:

this another silly story. kalu writing to jonathan and trembling because ribadu is coming.
the same ribadu combined with the endless powers of obasanjo was there when kalu ruled abia state for 8 solid years.
the story was as soon as kalu hand over, he will either run away or be arrested. kalu was the first gov to hand over among the other govs and has remained in nigeria since then.
kalu defiled all obj's madness and ribadu ranting to remain in nigeria all these while.
who said ribadu will have half the powers he enjoyed during the obj's regime again in nigeria?
even with all the powers obj gave to ribadu, he cld do nothing to kalu how much more now all of us know that ribadu is as guilty as all these govs.
do u hv evidence in ur possession to show that ribadu is as guilty as other governors?
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by Abagworo(m): 8:19am On Apr 14, 2010
my verdict.ribadu is guilty,diabolic and wicked.an innocent man fears not tribulations and torture.ribadu ran away and dodged trial.if he was innocent,he would have faced the trial.ribadu is as good as akingbola in every sense of it.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by nethacker(m): 8:26am On Apr 14, 2010
Abagworo:

my verdict.ribadu is guilty,diabolic and wicked.an innocent man fears not tribulations and torture.ribadu ran away and dodged trial.if he was innocent,he would have faced the trial.ribadu is as good as akingbola in every sense of it.
so u wanna tell me dat u dont knw dat the whole asset declaration quagmire was all a set up to get rid of him shocked shocked
sometimes i wonder how we will move forward if we r not being truthful to ourselves and in no time we will blame the police for collecting N50 and for calling black, white. So u want ribadu to suffer unlawful detention? Jonathan knew the plot from inception so he did d ryt thing by withdrawing the petition because he knws ribadu was innocent of all the charges.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by princekevo(m): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2010
Someone composed a letter and posted here and we bought it. He has  failed to produce a source of his story, until then i reserve my comment. But i doubt the fact that a man living in Nigeria with a corruption charges could be afriad of someone who ran out of Nigeria to escape his own charges. smiley
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by princekevo(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2010
nethacker:

so u wanna tell me dat u dont knw dat the whole asset declaration quagmire was all a set up to get rid of him shocked shocked
sometimes i wonder how we will move forward if we r not being truthful to ourselves and in no time we will blame the police for collecting N50 and for calling black, white. So u want ribadu to suffer unlawful detention? Jonathan knew the plot from inception so he did d ryt thing by withdrawing the petition because he knws ribadu was innocent of all the charges.
Despite the fact that Ribadu tried so much to hunt down some corrupt leaders that does not mean the law should not take it course. The question is did he declare his assets or not before taking over a public office.? If yes then they have no case, but if no i think he should come back to face the law. I dont support his fleeing out of the country to escape the law. Its is time we lead by example, So many politicians was detained and later released when there are no enough evidence to keep them in. So fleeing from Nigeria wasnt the best choice for him, but makes him look guilty.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by nethacker(m): 8:57am On Apr 14, 2010
princekevo:

Despite the fact that Ribadu tried so much to hunt down some corrupt leaders that does not mean the law should not take it course. The question is did he declare his assets or not before taking over a public office.? If yes then they have no case, but if no i think he should come back to face the law. I dont support his fleeing out of the country to escape the law. Its is time we lead by example, So many politicians was detained and later released when there are no enough evidence to keep them in. So fleeing from Nigeria wasnt the best choice for him, but makes him look guilty.
to the best of my knowledge,it's witch-hunting. we all knw dat he declared his assets b4 assuming office how come that suddenly became an issue. If u can remember,y did the FG instruct Nigerian embassies abroad not to renew his passport. I knew it was all a setup, with time the whole story will unfold
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2010
i dont know why i seem so different from these humans.they always apply double standards.why would you pronounce guilty someone who stayed to face trial and innocent someone who escaped to avoid facing trial?
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by chidichris(m): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2010
to the best of my knowledge,it's witch-hunting. we all knw dat he declared his assets b4 assuming office how come that suddenly became an issue. If u can remember,y did the FG instruct Nigerian embassies abroad not to renew his passport. I knew it was all a setup, with time the whole story will unfold

@nethacker,
u are a very funny person. witch hunting u said? alams said the same when he was caught and everyother criminal in nigeria will say he is been witch hunted including ur ribadu.
we were all told that kalu will run out of the country as soon as his immunity expired but it turned out to be ribadu who ran.
if all politicians politicians ran away like ribadu did, who will he arrest because they will stay away till their own person gets into power.
obasanjo is the director of all these shows of shame. he has installed jonathan and has given instrustions on what to do.
at the end of the day, the elections are arround the corner and the dog will soon be here to chase opositions arround and distract them by all means as he did to atiku and other opositions obasanjo had then.
let us not be fooled by all these rootless and baseless arguements here and there.
apart from not declaring his assests, this is this problem of what happened to all recovered loots of abacha and other politicians in the country.
the act of attacking only the abacha family among all the past presidents of the country shld have been the truning points in our belief of his mission. does that make the other past presidents clean and why only abacha - selected justice.
what happened after indicting atiku - selected justice
why was alams the escape goat among the govs - selected justice?
why did atiku's case took few days to be concluded why iyabo obasanjo case took till now to investigate - selected justice.
he is the hunter's dog and believe u me, obasanjo is the hunter and ribadu is his hunter.
have for one day asked urself, how did ribadu's effort help nigeria? do u know that 1999 to 2007 has the highest level of political looting in the history of nigeria.
we all come from different places. how rich was ur local govt chairman? how rich was ur house of assembly members and how rich was ur gov under obasanjo and how did these wars on corruption affect them?
i am from imo state, achike udenwa was our gov and was later made minister under yar adua. he is not facing ribadu because he was the first gov to sign third term agenda for obasanjo. he is stinkingly rich.
1 million ribadus cannot do a thing to orji uzor kalu and i am in full support of both kalu and ibori using any form of violence to bring ribadu down.
if i were in  their shoes, i will do whatever is within my reach not minding the consequences.
if ribadu was fighting corruption, why did he not know that bode george was a high class criminal? how come tonny annenih remained untouchable? is kalu and ibori responsible for all the federal contracts awarded by obasanjo paid and never executed and how many ppl are standing trial in respect to these federal contracts? how come nigerians are so stupid that we leave our federal problems for state matters? are we supposed to be more interested in delta state and abia state than nigeria?
i so much believe in these two guys(ibori and kalu) to deliever since they cld stand their grounds in front of obasanjo and nothing happened.
who said these former govs are not ready for the selected wars? they are all ready and i don't see the possibility of any of them becoming another alamesysa.
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by violent(m): 11:11am On Apr 14, 2010
[size=17pt]LET THE POSTER PROVIDE SOURCE[/size]
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by evil666(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2010
violent:

[size=17pt]LET THE POSTER PROVIDE SOURCE[/size]

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/3962-kalu-writes-jonathan-seeks-end-to-corruption-trial

Are you satisfied now
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by violent(m): 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
evil666:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/3962-kalu-writes-jonathan-seeks-end-to-corruption-trial

Are you satisfied now

its not about my satisfaction, it has more to do with the credibility of your post!
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by evil666(m): 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
violent:

its not about my satisfaction, it has more to do with the credibility of your post!

I ve always known you to be sick!
Re: Kalu Writes Jonathan, Seeks End To Corruption Trial by violent(m): 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2010
evil666:

I ve always known you to be sick!

I really haven't associated much sanity with you either

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan May Not Be a Serious Person Afterall . . . / www.historyofyaradua..com / Presidency: Northern Leaders Want Zoning Till 2047

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.