Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi (18287 Views)

Simon Lalong Rejects Cattle Colonies, Dumps Buhari / Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State / 419 Gone Bad For Emmanuel Egwu (esere Ebekuo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by globatop: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
Fulani colony or cattle colony, why can't we be forward looking, ranching is modern way of rearing cattle

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by imstrong1: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
Warship:
Egwu sounds Igbo to me.
there is difference in pronunciation

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

There is no Igbo-speaking part in Kogi State! The man is a pure bred Igala man!

There is an Igbo speaking part in Kogi and Benue just like there are Igala speaking communities in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Okoyeebos: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:

There is an Igbo speaking part in Kogi and Benue just like there are Igala speaking communities in Anambra.

What is the name of the Igbo speaking community in Kogi state?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:

In what area? Name the towns, villages, communities and local govt areas in Kogi. The case of Benue is different. And Egwu is an Igala man, unless you want to change his identity for him.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
Okoyeebos:

What is the name of the Igbo speaking community in Kogi state?
laudate:

In what area? Name the towns, villages, communities and local govt areas in Kogi. The case of Benue is different. And Egwu is an Igala man, unless you want to change his identity for him.

There are communities in Igalamela/Odolu LGAs, the Ibaji area that have Igbo as their first language.

I don't know about Egwu, I only reacted based on the name.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Jetland(m): 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ahmeduana:

THE IGBIRAS ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING BECAUSE BELLO IS THERE BROTHER

Note: it's 'Ebira" not' Igbira'

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
There are communities in Igalamela/Odolu LGAs that have Igbo as their first language.

Name those communities and include their local govt areas. Don't believe the fake stories you read on NL.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Odingo1: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:

No there is no Igbo speaking communities in Kogi, it is Benue that have that, many Igala people bear full Igbo names both surname and first name, like Chidi Egwu.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by fotadmowmend(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Every student of history should be against this!!! Fulani people believe in conquest! They get on other people's land and posses it! Usman Dan Fodio conquered the North and took over. Fulani warriors also conquered Ilorin and has been ruling it ever since......
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by AyakaDunukofia: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Ugwuebonyi, Ebokwe, Ozara, Amaeke, Amankpo, Amauwani camp, Amaokwu, Amadiefioha, Amaufulu, etc. all in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. The Odolu community in Igalamela/Odolu LGA is said to speak Igala as first language and the Nsukka Igbo dialect as second language. In Ibaji LGA, we can see some town names such as Nwajala, Umuoye, Ubulie-Umueze

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
Ugwuebonyi, Ebokwe, Ozara, Amaeke, Amankpo, Amauwani camp, Amaokwu, Amadiefioha, Amaufulu, etc. all in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. The Odolu community in Igalamela/Odolu LGA is said to speak Igala as first language and the Nsukka Igbo dialect as second language. In Ibaji LGA, we can see some town names such as Nwajala, Umuoye, Ubulie-Umueze
Lies! Igbo is a second language in those communities, because of the Igbo migrants who settled there.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by slimfit1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thunder fire the person that blocked me. Block me again.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by blaqroy: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
A sex doll dat can't scream out while having sex is dat one a sex doll?.... Dat can't even say baby u re killing me � � go harder � � � Dat can't even shout Jesus, Oh my God, is dat one a sex doll?...mtcheew Pls appreciate d natural one... tongue tongue tongue 2019 come fast plz
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Odingo1: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

They are Igala people but in actual sense they are Igbos because they bear Igbo names and speak igbo dialet but claim Igala.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Name those communities and include their local govt areas. Don't believe the fake stories you read on NL.

Eke Avurugo - Igalamela/Odolu
Umuoye III, Ibaji
Mgbakwu - Igalamela/Odolu
Etc

cc: Okoyeebos
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by kalu61(m): 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Blue3k:
His opinion is heard but it doesn't move weight. The state assembly doesn't care and governor is on board. It's a done deal unless the state assembly intervenes.
That opinion worths thousands of votes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Lies! Igbo is a second language in those communities, because of the Igbo migrants who settled there.

So the igbo migrants "who settled there" are not Kogi citizens? Every tribe migrated from somewhere before settling where they now occupy.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by efighter: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
You are bold and courageous. Waiting for the one representing afonjas in the Kogi house of Reps to grow some balls grin

I understand your hatred for the Afonjas. After using over 3,000,000 Biafran pigs and idiots for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970, there is no way the nightmare will go away. It is a generational pain. You will hate the Afonjas forever after learning that your sisters, cousins, nieces and mothers were taken as sex slaves by Afonja soldiers in 1970 after Agbari Ojukwu stupidity declared war and fled to Ivory Coast.

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Odingo1: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

No, they are indiginous to Kogi, many Igala people are Igbos.They migrated long time ago and occupy the place just like Okun people that migrated from Yoruba to Kogi.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by RonJeremy: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

you are wrong, Kogi has minority Igbo speakers.....
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by highpriest4: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Egwu? Is he from the Igbo speaking part of logo?
I think from ibaji side that has boundary with Enugu state, if not, then igalamela connecting anambra state
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Odingo1:
No, they are indiginous to Kogi, many Igala people are Igbos. They migrated long time ago and occupy the place just like Okun people that migrated from Yoruba to Kogi.

Oga, the Igbo in Kogi are not indigenous to the area. Go and speak to the indigenes in each of those local govts. It is a fallacy to say that "many Igala people are Igbos." How and when did Igala people become Igbo?? shocked
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by francizy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ahmeduana:

THE IGBIRAS ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING BECAUSE BELLO IS THERE BROTHER

The views of Ebira people are not different from that of Bello..

I've seen Ebira people ass-lick Buhari like he's their god. I've even seen one of them say that whatever Fulani asks for that other Nigerians should give to them because they're supreme over all tribes, including his..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Oga, the Igbo in Kogi are not indigenous to the area. Go and speak to the indigenes in each of those local govts. It is a fallacy to say that "many Igala people are Igbos." How and when did Igala people become Igbo?? shocked

The Igbo in Kogi are citizens of which state?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Ojochegbe1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

in Kogi east especially IBAJI local government where I am from, we share boundary with Anambra and we also bear igbo names and we inter-marry too. I have 3 cousins that bear Chukwuma, Chukwudi and Uzodinma respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
The Igbo in Kogi are citizens of which state?
The Igbo in Kogi are not citizens of the state, but migrants into the state. Spot the difference.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ojochegbe1:
in Kogi east especially IBAJI local government where I am from, we share boundary with Anambra and we also bear igbo names and we inter-marry too. I have 3 cousins that bear Chukwuma, Chukwudi and Uzodinma respectively.
Has anybody disputed the fact that Kogi shares a boundary with Anambra or Enugu? shocked Kogi shares a boundary with 10 states (i.e. Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria); Nasarawa State; Benue State; Enugu State; Anambra State; Edo State; Ondo State ; Ekiti State; Kwara State and Niger State – to the north.

So what is your point?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by poseidon12: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Warship:
Egwu sounds Igbo to me.

So?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by laudate: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:
Eke Avurugo - Igalamela/Odolu
Umuoye III, Ibaji
Mgbakwu - Igalamela/Odolu
Etc
Fake. You got those names from the internet. Have you been there? Or visited each town? They are Igala towns, that speak Igbo as a second language, because of the Igbo migrants who moved into the towns.
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by jamesibor: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

The Igbo in Kogi are not citizens of the state, but migrants into the state. Spot the difference.

So the Igbos that migrated to Kogi centuries ago are stateless? What a load of crap.

How about the igalas in Anambra, are they Anambra citizens or not?
Re: Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi by Okoyeebos: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
jamesibor:

There are communities in Igalamela/Odolu LGAs, the Ibaji area that have Igbo as their first language.

Bro, It won't be sufficient to just provide local governments, I need specific communities.

I'm asking because Kogi State shares boundaries with 10 states and where you think is Kogi state may actually be out of Kogi and under an eastern state.

Remember the disputed oil wells saga?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Sadiq Umar: COVID-19 Forcing Stubborn Husbands To Respect Their Wives / Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate / Deloitte: We Won't Respond To Irrelevant Questions - Tinubu’s Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.