Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele (19658 Views)

Argentinian Man Kidnapped By Nigerian Bandits Was Saved By Calling Lionel Messi / Is Lionel Messi The Greatest Player Ever? / Who Is The Greatest Player To Ever Grace African Football: Weah Or Eto'o? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by mamagee3(f): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^Do you even know how to quote a message?

What the heck!
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by chelseabmw(m): 6:30am On Jul 18, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Do you even know how to quote a message?

What the heck!

Dumb ass what are u talking about?Mrs quotation clap for urself.U must be suffering from lack of vitamin D,that's why u can't see.u better watch ur mouth next time.More over am not one of those guys at the romance section.If by next time u open ur mosquito infected mouth and talk to me,u wouldn't like what i will say to u angry
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by mamagee3(f): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^Quit your rants and go straight to the point.

Mosquitoes and flies has nothing to do with your messi support statement.
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by series20(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
@honeric01: We've to compare the past and the present. That's the way we can know who's better.
@VALIDATOR: 'm with you on that diego comparison with messi.
@Ibime: You're the man. Pele was not even among the best 5 players in the Brazilian Squad in 1962 World Cup.
[b]@Kratos007: [/b]You reminded me of how Maradona was sent home in Spain'82 World Cup in the early matches.

Believe it or not, history are meant to be broken and we have seen it in tennis with Federer and so will it be in Soccer.
Pele & Milla are envious of the way Messi & Eto'o have been playing if you watch their comments. If we look both past and present we can all see Eto'o is the best african player of all time. Also the way Messi is going he might probably turn out to be the best ever but he's not there yet. Time will tell!!!

1 Like

Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by fredoooooo: 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2011
Whats the problem with pele , he never want anybody to be greater than him ,before it was maradona , now messi ,
for me my greeatest players of all time are Zidane , Ronaldo de lima , i dont care what anybody say , they give me joy while watching them

1 Like

Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by Prince22(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
The end justify the maens
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by ogochagwu: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
MESSI IS THE BEST IN HIS DAYS AND PELE` WAS THE BEST IN HIS DAYS. NOTE THAT WE HAVE MOHAMMED ALI IN BOXING, BOB MARLEY IN MUSIC AND PELE` IN FOOTBALL.
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by zynzyn(m): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
smile4kenn: All things being equal, both the past and present, Messi is the greatest footballer ever

How can a player that has only excelled with 1 team be the best player ever?

Have u noticed how many times messi has been invisible in a game.

He lost Copa America to Brazil 0-3, he was beaten 0-4 by Germany at world cup, he was once whitewashed 6 -1 in bolivia.

He is the best barca player ever. Period.

He can't be in top 5 all time! angry undecided
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by Bosch10(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
honeric01:
@deb

Football in the old days was harder than what we have now, then there was no referees shielding strikers against dangerous tackles, you could get tackled once and that might end your career as a footballer, do you know how many players broke their legs at an early age playing football in the old days?

Stop comparing the old time way of playing football with now because now's very easy compared to the old age. (if you doubt me, try watching classic football dated from 1960s to 1990s.
you have said the truth bro
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by Bosch10(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
Kratos007:
a lot of the so-called 1000 goals pele scored were in meaningless friendlies like pele XI vs Brazil selected XI. Also against weaker defenders with no offside rule in place. i dont know about this guy pele, just some random grainy old videos we see on youtube and on teevee. All i know is that in my lifetime, i have had the opportunity to watch some great footballers, Ronaldo(the real one), Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry, Roberto Baggio, Romario, now the other ronaldo(the cry baby) and messi. And i know true artistry when i see it. messi may or may not be the greatest ever player to have graced a football pitch, but i damn well know that for years to come, he will have people clapping and marvelling at the masterclass of talent he has. Oh, btw, pele has always been known to talk shite.
come on gerrout.the same thing you said about pele will be said of messi too in the next 50 yrs
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by raumdeuter: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bump
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by TMDigital: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2022
raumdeuter:
Bump

Lol
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by Harrytimbog(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2022
Someone please remind me of any best player / MVP award CR7 won while playing for country. Even if na Portuguese kindergarten team. Even second sef we go manage m. Go and verify
Re: Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele by Harrytimbog(m): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2022
### Best player of his generation ###
Lionel Messi the only player to have won MVP in all football tournaments he has played in for both country and club at least once in the history of football as well as winning each competition at least once cheesy.
Right from U20(MVP), Copa America young best player, 2X MVP in Copa America, 2X world cup golden ball winner, best player in the club league multiple times, Best player in Uefa champions league multiple times. Make I no talk bout 7 ballon dors, 6 european golden boot, 8 league highest goalscorer + Multiple times IFHHS Playmaker of the year award.
Excellent at freekicks, king of dribbling, too good with key passes...total package. Insane number of assists n man of the match awards…damn. Just mention an active or retired player who has everything or even have close to this combined talent coupled with the discipline to keep it up for over 10 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Receives Alfredo Di Stefano Trophy And Pichichi Award / Garba Lawal Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / Oluwatobiloba Amusan Wins Commonwealth 100m Hurdles Women Gold For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.