Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! (796 Views)

Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager / I Assisted Daniel To Claim Ogun Indigeneship,Daniel Is From Isoko — Amosun / ‘looting’: Obasanjo Drags Daniel To Efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by wales(m): 7:46am On Apr 14, 2010
Ogun State governor, Gbenga Daniel, might serve as the South-West campaign manager for the 2011 presidential bid of former military president, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, NEXT investigations have revealed.

Mr. Babangida’s government annulled the 1993 presidential election won by Moshood Abiola, a development which landed the politician in detention and subsequently led to his death in controversial circumstances.

However, 17 years after the political crisis which followed the annulment, Mr. Babangida made his first public appearance in Abeokuta, hometown of the late Abiola, during Gbenga Daniel’s 54th birthday celebration. Mr. Babangida was the chairman of the occasion. The governor called on Nigerians to forgive Mr. Babangida over his role in the political crisis, which lasted for years, adding that this became necessary, “even if there was any error from him.”

Barely a few days after his Abeokuta appearance, Babangida told journalists in Benin City that he was going to contest the next presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

NEXT investigations in Ogun State revealed that Mr. Daniel’s romance with Mr. Babangida was in line with the governor’s bid to canvass for votes for the controversial former military ruler, with one of our sources saying an agreement had already been reached to offer the post of campaign manager to Mr. Daniel.

Embattled at home

This, it was learnt, was another political strategy of the embattled governor to remain politically relevant after leaving office next year, especially following his unresolved political battles with some leaders of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) at the state level. His opponents appeared to have had their hands strengthened by the emergence of Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan, and are gradually taking over the party structure in the state.

Some of Mr. Daniel aides, who do not want their names in print, confided that there was nothing wrong for their boss to venture into the project, as much as he is convinced about the chances of Mr. Babangida at the polls.

“There is nothing wrong for Daniel to carry Babangida’s project as his own,” one of them said. “No politician wants to go into extinction. Who knows whether Babangida may consider him for a bigger job if things work out in his favour? My brother, we have to move forward. The issue of annulment and June 12 is a forgone issue.”

Link:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5554190-147/daniel_to_serve_as_babangidas_south-west.csp

Re: Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by jaybee3(m): 7:52am On Apr 14, 2010
What does Gbenga Daniel want again?
Immunity or just more wealth which he definitely ain't taking to heaven.
I tire for all 'em wanting to stay relevant jargon. Must he be recycled?
Re: Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2010
yes, after all he is of the OBJ stock, is he not? it's only in nigeria that a governor goes backward to become someone's campaign manager. the ludicrousness of it all. a former governor wants a ministerial position.

i know his real motive sha. he wants to get his hands on all that IBB loot he's heard so much about. warning to IBB: the more u put in (i.e give money to daniel) the less results u get cheesy cheesy
Re: Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by volasunkan: 12:47am On Apr 15, 2010
now that confirms my fears!Gbenga Daniel is the one behind the political rebranding of ibb by tribune newspaper!God will take care of them one by one,remember how Abdulkareem Adisa campaigned for obj's 3rd term and did not live long to see 2007!
that gbenga daniel is so negative!
Re: Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by sjeezy8: 1:01am On Apr 15, 2010
If IBB becomes president than Gbenga daniels is safe, if Jonathan becomes president he is not.

Daniels and Obj have not been on good terms. Jonathan is Objs guy, So its expected for Daniels to side with IBB.

I think daniels or some other SW fellow might be his running mate- to get SW votes. but then again Kalu is IBBs guy in the East. so who knows.

If IBB becomes president OK- it can be an advantage to the south as the norths term will only be 6.5 years, while the souths term in 2015 will be 8 years again.
Re: Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by OAM4J: 2:33am On Apr 15, 2010
sjeezy8:

If IBB becomes president than Gbenga daniels is safe, if Jonathan becomes president he is not.

Daniels and Obj have not been on good terms. Jonathan is Objs guy, So its expected for Daniels to side with IBB.

I think daniels or some other SW fellow might be his running mate- to get SW votes. but then again Kalu is IBBs guy in the East. so who knows.

If IBB becomes president OK- it can be an advantage to the south as the norths term will only be 6.5 years, while the souths term in 2015 will be 8 years again.

Make no mistake about it, if Ibb or anyone from the north comes to power now, they would want to rule for a fresh 8yrs.
Re: Daniel To Serve As Babangida’s South-west Campaign Manager ! by sulad82i(m): 4:58am On Apr 15, 2010
These power hungary people. God really need to strike all these people

(1) (Reply)

Babangida Is Wasting His Time - Prophet / Earthqake,tsunami May Hit Nigeria - God Please Help Us, Dont Let It Happen! Amen / Death Threat To Dokpesi Real – Ibb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.