Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage (1388 Views)

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Pst. Kingsley Dismissed Claims That Jesus Is Against Divorced Persons Remarrying / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello nairalanders,
Please I need HONEST opinions from matured christian on the war going on in my mind.
I met this man(pastor) in a christian gathering(not a church) 3years(2015) ago and at a point I stopped fellow-shipping with them because of my work schedule.

In 2016 I bought a small car, he often joins me to work and sometimes back home( we leave in same area), at a point he started getting close(he calls me often, always wants to fellow me about). At a point I become uncomfortable because I did not know his mission but I prayed about it. One day, a friend of his mistakenly mentioned his wife to me and I was shocked, I confronted him, he explained that he didn't want to tell me because he observed that I was strict and he didn't want to loose our friendship, at that point I cut all ties with him. Then in 2017 him and one other sister started joining me to work again, at a point he started getting close to my mum(my mum leaves with me). Usually our conversations is "good morning sir, how is your wife and family" and later in 2017, he stopped following me.

He paid me a surprised visit(he has never entered me office but he knows where I work) at the office few days before Christmas and I asked him why he did not inform me before coming, he explained that he came for something around and he decided to drop by. He told me that he was being accused of dating me, I did not believe him until he read a text message from his phone. I begged him to tell me the accuser but he refused and I became very furious. I told him that I was blocking his contacts immediately, he should not have anything to do with me again and I told him to leave my office. Well my colleagues blamed me that I acted too harshly, I guess my anger was born out of the fact that I am innocent and will not engage in premarital sex.

He reported the case to my god daughters mother(also a friend), the woman explained that his wife moved out of her matrimonial home for the past 6months, she said that she begged her, her church intervened she came back stayed few days and left. I later unblocked him, he called and explained that he has been married(traditionally) for the past 8years, no issue and that he is having a serious marital problems with his wife. He explained that the wife was in the habit of leaving and then return after weeks, sometimes months but this this the longest she has stayed. I advised him to involve both his in-laws and his family to reconcile them. He said that he was tired of the marriage and he wants to get married to me, I explained that it was wrong and that I don't believe in divorce, that even if their is separation as a result of maybe violence both should remain single, if they sleep with anyone they will be committing adultery. That is my believe anyway.

He has being pleading that I should pray about it. For me I just feel its wrong. I just wish I could contact the wife and beg her to go back to her home because I lent she was the accuser although he said that it was 4months after she moved out that she accused him.

Please nairalanders I need your opinions because I intend to contact the wife and at least clear myself but I am an introvert and I hate scandals, I don't think I would be able to stand the embarrassment if she acts otherwise(I dont know the wife and never met her). Also do you think is write for the man to remarry if the woman refuses to come back.
Thanks in anticipation of biblical opinion.
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
grin
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by eph12(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
The man is still a married man. He has not cut ties with his wife yet.

I think it's biblical to divorce and remarry if a partner commits adultery

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by godfatherx: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
He has been nursing a relationship with you even when he was with his wife! He is a cheat!!
My 1 cent.
Just out of curiosity, find out from the wife why she left him. You'll be shocked he's a terrible person.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Hiswordxray(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
Do not intervene the problem is between the man and his wife. He married her and he must bear the burden. She is one with him and she would remain one with him until she is joined to another man (remarried). Based on what you narrated I don't think she had been married to another, therefore she is still married to this pastor.

Let me quote Paul on marriage;
"And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife." (1Cor 7:10-11).

Even if she leaves her husband the man must not put her away until she is married to another man. Be careful siste, do not fall to this deception. The man saw the woman and yet married her, now he is looking to marry another person. Let him bear his affliction, God would comfort him.

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thanks, I don't think the woman committed adultery, she just left her matrimonial home.
cry
eph12:
The man is still a married man. He has not cut ties with his wife yet.

I think it's biblical to divorce and remarry if a partner commits adultery
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Yes, I think so too but how do I contact the wife and at least clear myself without creating a scene. Thanks dear.
godfatherx:
He has been nursing a relationship with you even when he was with his wife! He is a cheat!!
My 1 cent.
Just out of curiosity, find out from the wife why she left him. You'll be shocked he's a terrible person.
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thanks so much, we need each other to stay on track. The devil is so crafty.
Hiswordxray:
Do not intervene the problem is between the man and his wife. He married her and he must bear the burden. She is one with him and she would remain one with him until she is joined to another man (remarried). Based on what you narrated I don't think she had been married to another, therefore she is still married to this pastor.

Let me quote Paul on marriage;
"And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife." (1Cor 7:10-11).

Even if she leaves her husband the man must not put her away until she is married to another man. Be careful siste, do not fall to this deception. The man saw the woman and yet married her, now he is looking to marry another person. Let him bear his affliction, God would comfort him.
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by petra1(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
Kereokwu:
Yes, I think so too but how do I contact the wife and at least clear myself without creating a scene. Thanks dear.

You don’t need to contact the wife . Let them sort themselves out . If they want to divorce they should limit it between themselves .

Secondly you don’t have anything to clear . She didn’t accuse or confront you . Wife and husband can say harsh words or accusations . You calling her will only give impression of guilt and inflate fire .

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by eph12(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
Kereokwu:
Thanks, I don't think the woman committed adultery, she just left her matrimonial home.
cry
She should be investigated. She's probably just that u guys don't know
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by godfatherx: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2018
Kereokwu:

"small world" they say, you can always find someone who knows someone who knows her, but I'll advice you stay away from this pastor guy completely.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Thanks dear noted, I just ignore them.
petra1:

You don’t need to contact the wife . Let them sort themselves out . If they want to divorce they should limit it between themselves .

Secondly you don’t have anything to clear . She didn’t accuse or confront you . Wife and husband can say harsh words or accusations . You calling her will only give impression of guilt and inflate fire .
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2018
Thanks, the pastor said that the woman is innocent but moved out. I think the pastor might be the bad person here, he certainly not saying the truth.
eph12:

She should be investigated. She's probably just that u guys don't know
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2018
Yes ooo, I have distanced myself from him and I warned him to stop calling. I think he is a terrible person.
godfatherx:

"small world" they say, you can always find someone who knows someone who knows her, but I'll advice you stay away from this pastor guy completely.
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Topgainer: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2018
It is good to hear there are ladies who still have some active conscience. The mistake a lot of people make is to give unnecessary attention to every Tom and Dick that goes with the appendage of a Pastor. Some of them pretend to be good and use all kinds of catch words to woe the feeble into submission to all manipulative acts. The mere fact that he walked up to you with a text message from his wife accusing you both of dating means he is a manipulator. A man whose motive is clear will dismiss the allegations and be able to clear it with his wife, not you. He already knew the effect the text message will have on you before dashing to your office with it.
If you have been patient regarding premarital rendezvous, then be patient to the end. You shouldn't be enticed by a tokunbo man much less a pastor who is still legally married to his wife. Except maybe you hope to see him as a CEO of a Church Cooperation in future and to see yourself as Mama GO with lots of servants and sycophantic slaves around you.
If you must be a second it shouldn't be to a Pastor or a man occupying leadership position in a Church. Church Leaders should be husbands of one wife (if they must marry) or they resign from such positions, that is an age long church tradition and time tested.
Cut that relationship off, COMPLETELY. You can't be a second wife to a Pastor. You shouldn't be desperate, if you are really good be rest assured many eligible guys are on your trail.
If he so desires as a pastor to marry a new wife contrary to the Bible, he should pick among the Mgbekes in his Church Choir or from the desperados in his Church who wouldn't mind aiding him to murder his wife. Afterall, in the PFN Prophet Oritsejafor, Pastor Chris Okotie, Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe (ODM), and so many of them acquired new wives at the instance of disagreements with their first wives.
Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by eph12(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
Kereokwu:
Thanks, the pastor said that the woman is innocent but moved out. I think the pastor might be the bad person here, he certainly not saying the truth.
If you are having serious doubts about him don't have anything to do with him.

Please stop throwing the pastor tag around. They are just like every other person, and have their own faults.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks dear, I am grateful that in this crazy world we still have those who are upholding Gods standard.
Please there is a new twist to the issue. The cousin came yesterday(maybe because I cut ties with him) and explained that
1. They were not properly married(no court wedding, no church, traditionally not properly done)
2. The wife moved(packed her things) out more than a year ago and she has refused every plea to come back.
3. During the period of the marriage no child.
He then asked me, if the pastor was my uncle what will I advise him to do?

Topgainer:
It is good to hear there are ladies who still have some active conscience. The mistake a lot of people make is to give unnecessary attention to every Tom and Dick that goes with the appendage of a Pastor. Some of them pretend to be good and use all kinds of catch words to woe the feeble into submission to all manipulative acts. The mere fact that he walked up to you with a text message from his wife accusing you both of dating means he is a manipulator. A man whose motive is clear will dismiss the allegations and be able to clear it with his wife, not you. He already knew the effect the text message will have on you before dashing to your office with it.
If you have been patient regarding premarital rendezvous, then be patient to the end. You shouldn't be enticed by a tokunbo man much less a pastor who is still legally married to his wife. Except maybe you hope to see him as a CEO of a Church Cooperation in future and to see yourself as Mama GO with lots of servants and sycophantic slaves around you.
If you must be a second it shouldn't be to a Pastor or a man occupying leadership position in a Church. Church Leaders should be husbands of one wife (if they must marry) or they resign from such positions, that is an age long church tradition and time tested.
Cut that relationship off, COMPLETELY. You can't be a second wife to a Pastor. You shouldn't be desperate, if you are really good be rest assured many eligible guys are on your trail.
If he so desires as a pastor to marry a new wife contrary to the Bible, he should pick among the Mgbekes in his Church Choir or from the desperados in his Church who wouldn't mind aiding him to murder his wife. Afterall, in the PFN Prophet Oritsejafor, Pastor Chris Okotie, Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe (ODM), and so many of them acquired new wives at the instance of disagreements with their first wives.

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by od4life(m): 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
Topgainer:

My friend stop that lie about Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor disagreeing with his first wife & marrying a new wife. Ayo Oritsejafor's late wife died around 1997/1998 & upon her death he now married his present wife Helen.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Topgainer: 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
Kereokwu:
Thanks dear, I am grateful that in this crazy world we still have those who are upholding Gods standard.
Please there is a new twist to the issue. The cousin came yesterday(maybe because I cut ties with him) and explained that
1. They were not properly married(no court wedding, no church, traditionally not properly done)
2. The wife moved(packed her things) out more than a year ago and she has refused every plea to come back.
3. During the period of the marriage no child.
He then asked me, if the pastor was my uncle what will I advise him to do?
Your advice is very simple. They should go and complete whatever is incomplete about their traditional wedding, and as a Pastor he should lead by example by taking his wife to the altar, in this case marriage blessings. Shameful, isn't it? What sort of a pastor moves in to live with a woman with no church wedding in view. I can assure you, the issue there is not even about finance, because he could easily get a fellow pastor to join him and the wife soon after traditional wedding, a few bottles of coke and gala after Church to the guests ends that. And that solves the moral question.
grin grin grin grin
There is nothing like a traditional not done properly, these days, it is rare to fulfill all the cultural requirements of a trad. Among the tribes in Rivers State, the Ogonis and the Ikweres for e.g. the representatives of the families, the tokens- a reflection of the listed items and a few guests gathered for 1 or 2 hours on any day of the week, with prayers and goodwishes from the familes could serve as a traditional wedding. Now, this does not in anyway belittle the trad or make it 'not proper' because within the same culture they may decide to set hurdles for another set of couples with elaborate cultural requirements and a Saturday- long affair. You may want to ask what defines a Proper Traditional Wedding for Pastor who took his wife home after the 'improper one' and they have been living as husbands and wife with streams of disagreement all these while?

The Lady is question is his wife and will it surprise you to know that despite the so called traditional wedding not done properly that his Holiness the Pastor lived with the woman not as girlfriend, concubine, not as sister Mary and brother James but as husband and wife with all the full conjugal meetings. The issue of not having a child while they have lived together for donkey years, known to both families as married, is immaterial and really adds nothing to the sudden effort by the Pastor to discredit his marriage and loop you in. What were they all these while they lived together? Brothers and Sisters of the same parents.
I can see you are giving much time and consideration to this Pastor and his stories.
Assuming, you were my younger sister, such marriage will go on without my approval if not for anything, the fact that he is a 'pastor' with all these Shadows. I can assure you the story will not be different when you settle with him. Maybe, because you are a working class lady, the economic story like the measure of comfort in the new union will be better than with his former wife. Do you really want to be married to a 'Pastor' especially of the stock you just described?
If you are below 40, I will strongly advise you exercise a little more patience. Above 40, some may advise you go in have one or two kids as biological clock tics ( but it is dicey against the background that his wife has not been able to conceive) in that case tradition demands (Igbo culture or subculture), the wife's family will return the bride price and the pot- a sign that they do not consider him their in law; his own family will accept the visitors and wish them well. And my sister, you should have somebody witness that event.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Topgainer: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
od4life:

My friend stop that lie about Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor disagreeing with his first wife & marrying a new wife. Ayo Oritsejafor's late wife died around 1997/1998 & upon her death he now married his present wife Helen.
We are not discussing your Papa Ayo here. In any case, I don't believe your Papa Ayo is a man of God.
I can easily tell you a lot of things you don't know about this your Papa Ayo, it was unfortunate he became PFN and CAN President.
It is not in my nature to educate you on Ayo first wife, their disagreements, separation and your Mama Helen in a public forum like this. Should I also tell you about him while he was with ArchB. Idahosa.
One thing I can tell you is that CAN can never be the same again and to recover from such a costly mistake will be a daunting challenge. That Body lost it, little wonder the Catholics smelt it from afar and pulled out during his tenure.
If you consider him a prophet representing God, good for you me I don't.
That's off the topic. I won't reply you again on this if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is Remarrying Wrong If A Partner Leaves The Marriage by Kereokwu(f): 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
God bless you sir, I just pray the Holy Spirit helps me. All your points are valid and as Christian I know them but each he sends his delegates or explains himself I act as confused as ever. I hate the situation I am right now, never bargained for this. This is not what asked of the Lord.
Topgainer:

Your advice is very simple. They should go and complete whatever is incomplete about their traditional wedding, and as a Pastor he should lead by example by taking his wife to the altar, in this case marriage blessings. Shameful, isn't it? What sort of a pastor moves in to live with a woman with no church wedding in view. I can assure you, the issue there is not even about finance, because he could easily get a fellow pastor to join him and the wife soon after traditional wedding, a few bottles of coke and gala after Church to the guests ends that. And that solves the moral question.
grin grin grin grin
There is nothing like a traditional not done properly, these days, it is rare to fulfill all the cultural requirements of a trad. Among the tribes in Rivers State, the Ogonis and the Ikweres for e.g. the representatives of the families, the tokens- a reflection of the listed items and a few guests gathered for 1 or 2 hours on any day of the week, with prayers and goodwishes from the familes could serve as a traditional wedding. Now, this does not in anyway belittle the trad or make it 'not proper' because within the same culture they may decide to set hurdles for another set of couples with elaborate cultural requirements and a Saturday- long affair. You may want to ask what defines a Proper Traditional Wedding for Pastor who took his wife home after the 'improper one' and they have been living as husbands and wife with streams of disagreement all these while?

The Lady is question is his wife and will it surprise you to know that despite the so called traditional wedding not done properly that his Holiness the Pastor lived with the woman not as girlfriend, concubine, not as sister Mary and brother James but as husband and wife with all the full conjugal meetings. The issue of not having a child while they have lived together for donkey years, known to both families as married, is immaterial and really adds nothing to the sudden effort by the Pastor to discredit his marriage and loop you in. What were they all these while they lived together? Brothers and Sisters of the same parents.
I can see you are giving much time and consideration to this Pastor and his stories.
Assuming, you were my younger sister, such marriage will go on without my approval if not for anything, the fact that he is a 'pastor' with all these Shadows. I can assure you the story will not be different when you settle with him. Maybe, because you are a working class lady, the economic story like the measure of comfort in the new union will be better than with his former wife. Do you really want to be married to a 'Pastor' especially of the stock you just described?
If you are below 40, I will strongly advise you exercise a little more patience. Above 40, some may advise you go in have one or two kids as biological clock tics ( but it is dicey against the background that his wife has not been able to conceive) in that case tradition demands (Igbo culture or subculture), the wife's family will return the bride price and the pot- a sign that they do not consider him their in law; his own family will accept the visitors and wish them well. And my sister, you should have somebody witness that event.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman & Wife playing love After Otobo Reconciliation(photo / Omega Fire Ministries Sunday School(sos) Manual 04/02/2018 / The Origin Of Madness : The Three Smart Crooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.