Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Utaka Hopeful Of World Cup Call - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Utaka Hopeful Of World Cup Call (562 Views)

Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa / Ronaldo Hopeful Of Man United Return / John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Utaka Hopeful Of World Cup Call by honeric01(m): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2010
Utaka hopeful of World Cup call

Posted: 2010-04-12 18:16

John Utaka is still nursing hopes of joining Nigeria’s World Cup party, despite being frozen out of the team in recent months.

Utaka was left out of the latter stages of Nigeria’s World Cup qualifying campaign, and was not included in the squad for the African Nations Cup in Angola under former coach Shuaibu Amodu.

But with new coach Lars Lagerback at Wembley to watch him make a 33-minute appearance for Portsmouth in their shock FA Cup semifinal victory over Tottenham Hotspur, Utaka is confident he is working his way back into favour.

“I am happy with my form lately and am looking forward to taking that form to the World Cup,” he said.

The Nigerian was named Portsmouth’s Player of the Month and says it is an indication he is back in shape

“Winning the award is a clear indication that I am fully back and ready to go. And it would be great to play at the World Cup. God willing, I will be in South Africa.”

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14838/utaka-hopeful-of-world-cup-call.php
Re: Utaka Hopeful Of World Cup Call by abrahym(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2010
He no worth it

(1) (Reply)

Argentina Send Angel Di Maria Against Eagles. / The Secrets Of The World's Most Successful Football School / Super Eagles In South Africa:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.